We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily 5th Nov 2010

135

Comments

  • What I thought straight away was that the intro to the Pulp song had a similar "Wall of Sound" quality to that Motown stuff you love. Like the first dance song, its age appropriate too :D
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 5 November 2010 at 7:01PM
    washing is on the line but i must keep an eye on it as they have forecast heavy rain this afternoon

    i have started on the kitchen cupboards , so far i have turfed out the big cupboard under the stairs where everyone just chucks everything in out of the way , its now all clean , shelves are tidy and you can see the floor :j

    I have cleaned out the guinea piggies too this morning , its taken me ages as i think DD2 has just been adding sawdust on top of old sawdust rather than cleaning it out , anyway its all clean and they are munching on fresh veggies , i have also prepared the inside cage in case they are scared of the fireworks , they can come in and spend the night in the house

    chicken, jacket spuds and veg for tea. we too will watch the fireworks from home as DD 's arnt that bothered now they are older
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Well thats me jiggered for the rest of the day. Friday clean done. The sitting room drives me crazy, both the settee and OH's electric relaxer chair are heavy to move because of the metal bed in the settee and the frame on the chair. However the rug is turned and I put the last of the steam from the cleaner on it, boy did I get a shock, the muck that was on the cloth....

    OH has requested banana sarnies for his lunch, not too sure what I am going to have maybe a cheese and tommy sarnie, then he is going to have a snooze and so am I!!

    Mefehin the little clock has always adjusted itself ok even when OH was in hospital, I took it in for him, I will put it on the window cill and see what happens, I shall be so sad if its had it, I got it from Aldi and its been brilliant. Have only had to have new batteries once in 2 years.

    Offsky to make OH his lunch, he is writing up his journel on his lap top, seems okish this morning, he walked up as far as the veg patch whilst I sorted out the rug in the sitting room.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    NPM, we only gave our music CD in 2 days before the wedding :eek:
    We had Canon in D, Green Eyes by Coldplay to sign, and came out to I'm In The Mood For Love by Jamiroquai, nice and upbeat! First dance was Sea of Love by Robert Plant & the Honeydrippers. Hope all your plans are working out ok.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all

    I need opinions.....I am still sorting bloomin wedding music:o but I have to meet with registrar on Weds morning so have to make my mind up:eek:.
    I have come up with this, let me know what you think.

    Walking in with DS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Us3PfJfkY


    Signing register
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-Aej5ahhU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpEOFy8oQg

    The second one is because i nearly didnt go on my first date with OH as was getting sick of the whole "trying to meet someone" thing. Life would now be so different.
    I have also found a gospel choir version of Lean on me that I want but will have to see what registrar says incase he thinks it is religious because of the gospel choir thing.

    Walking out ( OHs choice:o)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-olADzllc&feature=related


    will come back in a bit and read daily and post properly once I have stopped stressing about music!:rotfl:

    It all gets the seal of approval from me (not that you need it ;)) Not a bad manners fan but it's your OH's choice :D

    I don't think there will be a dry eye in the house when you walk down the aisle with DS to Wish Upon a Star - getting all misty eyed at the thought :o

    Just thought I'd share my favourite Pulp song whilst we're on them - I haven't heard this for YEARS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LE9s8RxYg
    Reminds me of my youth :D
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Afternoon All

    Had a productive morning and made another pair of gauntlets - they are really popular :D

    DD, DS and DD's BF are going to the fireworks display tonight fingers crossed it is not too wet.

    Csarina Good for you having a nap, try not too wear yourself out running about after OH.

    NPM.... Love the songs, made me chuckle when I heard bad manners for walking out :rotfl:I hope all is well with Noah (((Hugs)))

    V8monkeyboy Fingers crossed for you today x

    Well I have got to go and make a seeded batch loaf for DH to go with his beef stew tonight ( he loves to soak up the gravy with it :tongue:)

    X
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Afternoon from a wet Berkshire .....

    Urgh the weather is rotten, no firework display here, next door are having some ;).

    NPM - Great choices of music :T

    BB - I too am a bit of a moper upper :p

    Have a great Bonfire nightHSStarsSparklesColours.gif
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • I think we'll be staying in the weather is awful, I have sent OH on a search for some catherine wheels or similar we have some sparklers leftover from last year, I think that will do :o
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Its blattering down here just at the moment, we can hardly see up the farmyard.... Stove is lit, OH has just got up after his map, I recorded Kirsties programme the other night, so watched that in OH's relaxer chair, its ssssssoooooo comfy, best £80 I ever spent.........I got it second hane two years ago.

    My delivery came so I have tried the muffin mix, made 6 (we ate two)
    2010_1105muffins0002.jpg

    I used cranberries in this lot, will try grated carrot and some ginger in the next ones, the mix is a basic one you add what ever you want to flavour. The weights are in kilos, drives me nuts converting them, just trying to convert the mixture to make a chocolate cake for an 8" tin......the store cupboard is full, I just managed to get the 18 toilet rolls in and shut the door quick before they fell out again!!!
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Those look good csarina, I have some tofee ones from BigBrands forLess in the oven, hoping they'll be yummy too.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.