We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily 5th Nov 2010

tru
tru Posts: 9,139
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
Forumite
edited 5 November 2010 at 8:04AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 5th november. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the
Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.


Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning :hello:

Some people have asked me why the sticky is in black and red
when I post it- I take it from HERE, it was made after much deliberation and consultation between posters :D

Nicola, sorry for your loss :sad:

I have 3 days off :j I plan to spend the mornings sorting out the 'needs', then spend the afternoons doing all my 'wants' :D

The chickens have been ignoring me for a few days. They used to rush over to me whenever I went into the garden, especially Ruby who always wanted to be stroked. Now, they look up and carry on with whatever they were doing. I need to get back in their good books :think:

The last of the tomatoes have been picked, they're in the kitchen ripening off. I've left the greenhouses open so the girls can have a root around.

We want to sort through the freezers and meal plan for the next couple of weeks. The cupboard is full so I'm pretty sure the only shopping I'll need to do will be for chilled and fresh stuff.

I'll start the 'needs' by updating the budget spreadsheet. I haven't recorded the ins and outs (oooo-errrrr!) for almost a fortnight.

donny-gal wrote: »
Bitsy & Tru I hope your have got your respective OH's involved in the house, please don't give me that "they have a stressful job" so have anyone who works, the house can be a full time job, so delegate a lot. We both worked, and I came to the conclusion if we split the jobs 30% me and 70% DH, with all the extra jobs that came along, it was an equal split.

TBH this has thrown us, we sort of fell into a routine which suited us both. Now I'm working too, there is much confusion :rotfl: We're getting there now though. I refer to it as organised chaos :D


Bulletproof
«1345

Comments

  • Morning all
    It's drizzling here today, not enough to need the wipers on slow, but too much not to have them on at all.
    No cooking for me tonight, hubby & I are going to the Carvery to celebrate the anniversary of when we met, it's very convenient having it on November 5th, make it difficult to forget. The local Carvery is £3.50 so not an expensive night out.
    I'm off to work in a sec, hubby's been dropped at the station, breakfast has been eaten, packups made & fish fed & DW's been unloaded.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good morning H/Hester I hope you have a good anniversary meal tonight and morning Tru
    Well its damp and drizzly here in north Kent and I think its in for the day.my joints are giving my gyp today so I had better wrap up warm when I do the school run this morning .Proper Guy Fawkes weather this morning, shame really for all those who want a bonfire tonight. Rarely see 'penny for the guy' round where I live, perhaps kids don't do that anymore.
    Personnally the way the government is at the moment I would have given the bloke a medal.:):)
    NSD today as I'm all shopped out from yesterday and don't need anything .I might make a curry later on today as I have quite a lot of chicken left over and my son-in-law loves my curries as I don't make them too hot for him(woosie)
    But apart from that a bit of knitting perhaps and maybe a little ironing ,not a lot to do today so it will be a P & P day (potter and pootle).I hope everyone has a more industrious day than I will I think after my grind over my essay yesterday I am going to just have a day where I don't do a great deal Oh the luxuries of being retired I can do what I want and when I want to and I can't ever get the sack, can't be too bad :):):)
    Cheers Chums
    JackieO xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Mornine Tru Hester and all to follow,

    Looks a bit grey here but no rain yet, think we are due some later on.

    Off to work today, but finish at lunchtime, will pop in and see dad on my way home, will take him a fresh cream cake or two, to try and fatten him up a bit. I hope he had a good night last night.

    Need to have a quick tidy before I leave this morning, and s + s the kitchen, I need to pop to the post office and collect a parcel.

    DD has requester nachos for dinner, so thats what we are having, does not seen like a real meal to me, just crisps and mince :o, but we will see.

    Will do a wash later on, and get it on the airer, head start on the weekend washing.

    Csarina hig hugss to OH, hope he is ok.

    Have good days all, hugs where needed xx
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    morning

    Tru - Enjoy your wants:D
    RR - hope dads ok x

    Blooming sports direct....:mad: ordered 3 itemsfor an overnight, rec'd email at 1.39am stating 1 of them had been cancelled from my order due to lack of stock, why dont they flippin well ring so you can choose an alternative :mad: so annoyed

    and breath......

    plans for today dd1 off school bad tummy, dd2 to school, roast chicken for tea. usual tidy up

    have good fridays xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • ubamother
    ubamother Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    I need to rant - here goes.....



    I'm soooooooooooo tired.


    That's it.


    I'm not a natural ranter - can you tell!!

    My plans for the day are
    1. work
    2. bed
    There is no energy for anything else!
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all

    Mild and wet here, looks set in for the day.

    I'm feeling very pleased with myself this morning, had a productive day yesterday, did get the washing, drying and ironing nearly all done, just 1 small load left (which is clothes that were worn yesterday) and today I'm going to strip and change the beds - I will have to use the TD to get bedding dry, but just need to get it done.

    Got the housework done - will be attacking the porch if time allows later. This morning I need to go to the bank, the scales (haven't been on the scales for 2 weeks ekkkk!), then do a food shop and I must get stuck into some baking/cooking when I get back, cupboards, fridge really look like bare. Have been really good this week though, have only bought a very few items to get us through the week, last night's dinner was spag bol for DH, me and DS1, DS2 had jacket pot and a battered piece of fish that I found in the freezer.

    Have done a menu plan and shopping list for today - seems like I need quite a bit - but am going to take cash out of the bank and do the shop with that - I've never shopped with cash before and I'm scared of getting to the cash desk and not having enough money! But think this is some of my problem as I just think I can pay by cc if it costs more than I thought!

    DH off to work at stupid early o'clock this morning so he'll be tired with he get's in tonight.

    May get chance to wrap the x**s stuff I've got so far, so that would be another job out of the way.

    Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Morning!

    Well the heating was working when I left the house yesterday, decided to go & meet DH in Sheffield :D so will have a potter round here today while he earns his crust!

    Rugby tonight, Sale are playing London Oirish. Then internationals tomorrow.

    Hugs to all who would like one,
    Floss xx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    ubamother wrote: »
    I need to rant - here goes.....



    I'm soooooooooooo tired.


    That's it.


    QUOTE]

    :rotfl::rotfl:made me laugh hope you perk up soon;)

    i'm tired too , its my day off and i had planned to some deep cleaning of the kitchen cupboards , but i feel too tired , trouble is when i am like this i eat a mahoosive amount of absolute carp as well :eek:

    taking DD to school then waiting in for a parcel , i also need to go to t3sco as they have over charged me by £2.45 :mad:

    have a good day all xx
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Morning all
    yukky weather out but i have loads to do indoors as DD1 is home today from wales and i need to move all the stuff off her bed n do the ironing
    No fireworks for us as too expensive and with a big park behind us means people bring them here so we get a display for free :j Dog n cats arent too bothered by them at all so thats ok
    Dinner roast chook
    well better get on
    Hugs to all those who are unwell and those looking after poorly relatives
    Have a good day
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2010 at 10:27AM
    Morning all..............................(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

    OGH stayed up too long yesterday, went to bed after supper and did not get up again, as far as I know he is still asleep. will be going in and waking him shortly for his breakfast and then he can get up till after lunch, snooze this afternoon then up for supper.

    I am bereft, I have a little clock which is controlled by radio waves, I looked at it this morning it, said 7.50, so got up, when I got into the litchen it was only 6.50 for some reason it is an hour fast, it was fine yesterday......oh dear I love that little clock, there is a button on the top you press and it lights up, very handy when its pitch black.

    Well its very peaceful here, no fireworks going off at all, will wait and see what happens tonight, expect there will be some bangs from the village, but we are far enough out for them not to really bother us.

    Friday clean, the kitchen and bathroom will get the steam clean treatment, the sitting room a duster thrown round it and the carpet hoovered, need to tuen the rug in front of the fire. Also put a loaf on I have been using shop plastic bread whilst OH was in hospital. Time for some nice fresh wholemeal from the panny!!

    That will be my morning, will be snoozing myself when OH is in bed after lunch.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.