We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 2nd Nov

124

Comments

  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Afternoon Everyone,
    So I had my afternoon in the garden yesterday and ooh woo am I paying for it now :( can't move my right arm because my shoulder is frozen & sciatica like you would not believe :eek: Bitsy you have my heartfelt sympathy today. I'm so cross with myself because I knew I was pushing it physically, but mentally I felt so much better for being out in the fresh air. Oh well we live & learn, so today I am just taking it easy & although it's another nice day I will confine my garden activity to sitting on the bench (for as long as I can) with a cuppa & watching the birds :)
    Hugs, hi-fives, spoons & best wishes

    jaxx
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

    It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Can join the " i'm tired moany thread " please :D

    RR - :eek: Hope your dad is ok hugs to you all xx
    JG - I echo what Bitsy said, slow down, from your list today i would have done, soup, hospital, bought bread/rolls, tidyed kitchen and tidyed FR and reeeeeeeeelax. I too get abit rant.gif about housework, but do you know what, as i'm the one left to it, i shall do it in my own time.....if DH mentions it we all know where he can go :D

    2 loads on the line but i have to keep double checking its not raining, kitchen done and floor washed, hoovered downstairs, got steam cleaner out and done bathroom, hoovered bedrooms, took kids for a walk around the village to the park made DS walk too, that took an hour, had lunch LO pork, made cottage pie just waiting for the spuds so i can mash em. Now sat on my jacksy for the afternoon :D

    Off to watch "something Special" with spike ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    mmm/julie - Just spotted this :eek::eek:crikey hope they're all ok
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,842
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

    Not posted for a few days but have been reading. Have done next to nothing os wise over last few days as dealing with ds2, travelling north for a visit to his dad and feeling a bit fed up at the moment.

    csarina - hope your dh manages to get home at the weekend, at least you know he will be looked after properley then.

    Redruby - Hope your dad is ok. thinking of you all.

    JackieG - As others have said look after yourself first.

    DS2 has gone back to school today, after a tiring week last week with him when he was hit, I did speak to community officers who were going to have a chat with the local kids. Then saying he didn't want to come back with me yesterday and that he hates his new school and I have ruined his life. I spoke to the headtacher this morning to make her aware of what happened, we'll just have to see how he gets on today. Its time like this when I miss my mates up North and there is no one as yet here that I can talk to as easily as I have only been here 10 weeks and it takes longer than that to make good mates. My dh was on a course last week so I was on my own trying to deal with him, trying to keep him entertained for 15 hours a day is a bit tiring and my emotions were all over the place too. I need to buck up and try and stop worrying about it all. I just feel off colour with it and think it is the stress causing this as I am also not sleeping well. I feel a bit of a fraud as I know there are other people alot worse off than me. His dad had him friday night, then brought him back sat evening as he was going out, dropped him off at 11 sunday then I picked him up again at 5pm sunday evening as he couldn't have him overnight as he was working the next day. He only sees him once a month since I moved and all they do is sit and watch tv:mad:.

    Going to spanish class tonight(even though I am not really in the mood) think it will do me good. Craft group tomorrow morning. then need to sort out my volunteering to get me out of the house a bit more and meeting people.

    Enough of my rambling. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take Care.

    Lynne
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    redruby so sorry to hear about your dad, ((hugs)) i hope you can sort something out for them both xx

    Csarina lets hope DH is home soon you sound incredibly stressed , once he's home you can relax together ((hugs))

    Bitsy that sounds painful hun , hope it improves quickly

    chucking it down at the moment and its dark :eek:
    managed to do my ironing since ive come in , having a little break then tidying up

    stay inside everyone its not fit to go outside
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi chums ,had a nice afternoon at craft and just got home.
    Yesterday when I was at my niece's place I was talking to my sis-in-law and she was saying how hard it is to get their open fire to light .My niece lives in the back of beyond halfway up a hill outside Westerham.Last winter her fuel bill for LPG (as she's not on the mains ) was over £500.00 .This was very hard for her to cope with as she is widowed with two young children, and she is dreading this winter.Her house is rented and very nice, but in the sitting room there is a large open fire that she can burn logs on which as she lives in the middle of a very heavily wooded area she can get vitually free from one of her neighbours who is a woodsman.I am sure there is some sort of gadget that makes paper 'bricks ' out of newspapers but I can't remember where I have seen it.It if I remember right used to compress old newspapers very tightly so you can use them as firelighters.my niece needs every penny she can to try and keep her head above water. Yesterday she was out trying to sell some of her jewellery to get enough to put away for the winter fuel bill.Bless her, her OH took his life about 2 years ago now and her and the children ended up virtually penniless.I feel so sorry for her situation and wondered if anyone knew of where I could get this gadget which I would happily get for her .The children have been her saving and they are very good ,but there are times its practical help thats needed.
    So thinking caps on and if anyone knows anything I would appreciate a heads up on it.
    Csarina I do hope you get you OH home soon.R/ruby hope you can get your Dad and Mums sorted out O.K.
    I'm off for a rummage in the freezer foor dinner I'm sure I have a shepards pie in there that will be just the job as it only has to be defrosted and chucked in the oven
    Take care all
    JackieO xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 6:06PM
    JackieO wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for her situation and wondered if anyone knew of where I could get this gadget which I would happily get for her .The children have been her saving and they are very good ,but there are times its practical help thats needed.
    So thinking caps on and if anyone knows anything I would appreciate a heads up on it.

    Jackie, your poor niece sending big hugs to her, try this I think this is what you mean xx

    Had a busy stressful day, will be back later, need to do dinner xx
  • Jackie you are a darling :D Some of the people on either the preparing for winter or heating thread having been talking about those over the last few days, you could have a wee read and maybe ask some of them what they recommend?
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thank you for that, r/ruby I have ordered one for her
  • Evening all

    Not read thread yet so ((((hugs))) to those in need.

    Not a great day! Did more community work with work kids, clearing an overgrown area. most of group worked v hard, but there are 3 lads who did bu88er all :mad: These lads are friends and they never work when they are all in together, but if there are only 1 or 2 of them in they work really well. It's so frustrating. They kept complaining that they were getting dirty. I pointed out that this had been scheduled since the start; we had done community work Monday so they should have been prepared; all we repeatidly told to wear old clothes all week and I even text them last night to remind them! Grrrr.....

    ....and then to top my day off when I got into my car after work I released handbrake and there was a snap and my blooming handbrake cable has snapped :eek:. Luckily I was able to ring a garage who said I could leave it there overnight (I park on a slope so couldn't have taken it home!) and they will fix it tomorrow. God knows how much it will cost me :mad:

    Rant over.

    Sorry to be a misery guts!

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.