We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 2nd Nov

Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 2 November 2010 at 6:38PM in Old style MoneySaving
Morning all
I've been up since 3:30 so thought I'd start the daily. I could have done with some more sleep, but next door are making a lot of noise so I gave up & got up.
DW is on, kettle about to boil for a cuppa for hubby, then it's packups, breakfast & off to the station with him & off to work for me.
Chicken casserole for tea tonight & I need to make some cakes for work, I'm feeling lazy so it will probably be flapjacks.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
«1345

Comments

  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 7:51AM
    morning HH nothing worse than noisy neighbours :cool:

    off to work in a few mins , will drop DD1 at the bus stop as i go .finish at 2 then will come home and clean up and catch up with the ironing

    eggs and mushrooms for breakfast
    chicken salad for lunch
    DD1 is making fresh pasta and tomato sauce at school and DD2 is making a quiche so thats what we are having for tea :D

    have a good day everyone hugs and spoons x
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »
    morning HH nothing worse than noisy neighbours :cool:

    I think here WE are the noisy neighbours :o:(
    A very grumpy Bitsy today. I slept funny on my leg yesterday and it was giving me some jip but nothing I couldn't handle. Went to bed last night, went to sleep for about an hour or so and whatever has happened with the way I lie I can't walk properly, I can't lift my left leg properly - it's bloomin' agony. it feels like my pelvic bone isn't aligned as I don't have full range of movement.
    Needless to say I was supposed to be picking a mindee up after school today but due to the distance I drive and I can't even do that, I don't think I could even walk to the school from the car so I've had to let them down and cancel :(:(
    Then like Bargainbird we've got problems with DD at night (something in the air or to do with their age?!!). had put previous issues last week down to her being poorly but she's on the mend now and it's still continuing. Feel so sorry for my poor neighbour, DD was SCREAMING when she was put back in bed for a good hour or so :eek:

    So am tired and in pain and I don't know how to fix my leg/joint. There will be very little OS as I can barely get around.

    Sorry it's such a whingy post, especially when some of you have mobility issues daily :o

    Anyway hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning All

    I felt the interview went well yesterday - not saying its in the bag but I was pleased with the way it went.

    First day at the new office today so I need to leave about 7:45 as I need petrol today and I won't be back until after 6....this is my life for the foreseeable lol Going to drive it today and see how I feel tonight and if its too much I'll try the train and see how I fair with that.

    Dinner will be something quick tonight - DH starts work at 6:15 so chances are I won't see him .....how depressing!!

    Anyway no OS will take place today and I'm even going to buy lunch!! Such a rebel... :D

    Traaa x
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 9:03AM
    Morning all,

    Rain due later, not sure if I have any washing, will go and round some up, but will have to hang it on the airer. Still very mild here, meant to be 15 degrees today, so still no heating :T, the only time we feel a bit chilly is getting into the shower and then getting into bed, as soon as it gets really cold it will go on, but we really dont need it at the monent.

    Going to make my dad some cakes today, will do a banana loaf and maybe a sticky ginger cake. Also need to hoover through and make sure all it clean and tidy, I have a work meeting here tonight about my 2nd job, cant have people saying Im a messy thing :D

    Will go and see my dad today, see if he is any better, and see if mum wants anything.

    Dinner tonight will be chicken thighs, with a mushroom risotto peas and brocoli.

    Bitsy, hope your poor leg feels better soon xxx

    Have good days all xx
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,793
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Bitsy Beans - hugs going your way - can be very difficult when you don't get a proper nights sleep!
    JC - fingers crossed for you x

    Morning all - everyone up here - rainy out, and I have a washing machine full. Will put things onto the airer - but have to use the dryer for the bedding that the boys had accidents on last night!!!

    Dinner will be from the freezer - perhaps a spag bol as I seem to have loads of it. And childrens lunch is already done. Right - I must hit the shower - wonder how many of us do this in our PJs (he he he!).

    Have a good day
    Me, OH, grown DS, (other DS left home) and Mum (coming up 80!). Considering foster parenting. Hints and tips on saving £ always well received. Xx

    March 1st week £80 includes a new dog bed though £63 was food etc for the week.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning

    RR - Glad the scan was ok, but hugs to you xx
    Csarina - Poor DH hope he's better today x
    FB - Keep us informed on this snogging won't you smooch.gif:D
    JG - Hope your feeling brighter today x
    Bitsy - Get to the doctors missus.

    Sleepwars - DS went to bed at 7pm woke at 9.30 went back to sleep at 10.45 and slept until 5.30am, he's had porridge for breakie.

    Mum bought DD2 some new gold ballet pumps from Primani, she got up this morning and came downstairs dressed with her new shoes on at 6.30 :eek::rotfl:
    One more day till back to school banana.gif
    Tea tonight probable shepherds pie.

    Not "supposed" to rain today so 1 load is ready to go out and 2 more to do. Need to get school bits ready etc and get kids out to the park/woods.

    Have good days hi5.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBKqdPLhDcbuqt6JsrdTiPNgDiPDk0i8Oc39p4Ym3S672CiNA&t=1&usg=__MTat6d4d3nb62UfcEsoXqVV-dlQ= and
    HSarmhugs_9780.gif
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all

    Dull and raining here. Last night's dinner was delish, egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, etc, not very healthy but cleared up lots of bits in the fridge that otherwise would have been thrown away! Tonight will be a quick one for boys as DS1 has Cadets tonight, but DH and I eat later, maybe jacket pots as have nothing defrosted - once I get to tomorrow will be better as I can have time to get a proper look at what's in freezer etc.

    DH gone off early to work, he was going early then we had a telephone call to say he wasn't then we had a telephone call at stupid early o'clock this morning to say he was needed afterall, grrr, but can't be too cross as it seems someone has suffered a bereavement last night so won't be in, our thoughts and prayers are with them. So not sure how the rest of this week will turn out DH may be covering the job until the colleague returns to work.

    Still seem to have mountains of washing and ironing even though I've been doing it since we got home on Sunday - how does that work?

    Work yesterday was the day from hell, we had so many customers for most of the day we couldn't see from one end of the office to the other - finished up with a half hour for lunch and a bad head by the time I came home, but soon disappeared after a drink, change and a couple of tabs. Hopefully today won't be as bad - but will have to wait and see! Only got today then half a day tomorrow then I have days off, will be able to get really stuck in to all the jobs, need to get the house cleared up as we want to continue with the decorating that has been started but not finished - the next 2 weekends should see it finished if we pitch in and get on with it.

    Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Morning! Woken up to a cold wet day on the Lancashire coast....still no boiler :mad: now having to miss a trip away to Sheffield on Thurs/Fri with DH while he works as the boiler manufacturer's engineer is coming to take a look so thats a day's leave wasted! Hoping the visit is early in the day so I can get down to Sheffield later on & have Friday there, but am not holding my breath! Our gas fitter is working away this week so can't source the innards for the gas fire until next week so no warmth there either.

    Hey ho, at least we have a working gas cooker & leccy for hot water!

    Will have to do some ironing tonight to keep warm :p DS2 is home tonight (not usually on a Tuesday but tube strike meant his lectures are cancelled tonight) so need to think of nice supper rather than just toast! He's then away until Sunday so another quiet weekend to watch the first rugby international ;)

    Right, am off to work for a warm! Hopefully my IT profile has been uncorrupted so I can get some work done!

    Hugs to all who would like one, especially to Redruby's dad & Csarina's OH.

    Floss xx
  • Morning All

    Bitsy.... (((((((Hugs))))))

    esmf.. I am still in my jammies :D I get showered and dressed when DH gets home at 9am

    Grey and very blowy this morning I hope it doesn't rain because DH wants to get some more done on the shed between shifts.

    Got on the scales this morning :eek: and I have put all the weight back on that I lost in the Summer :cry: so I am back on a diet until Christmas then a little break for the festivities and diet again from Jan 2nd.

    Well I had better go and give DS a nudge he has got to have his breakfast then out of the door at 8.10am

    Have good days all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Morning All,

    its cold and overcast here this morning. I am feeling pretty much the same, but at least I'm not worse :) Thanks for the sympathetic noises last night but I don't really deserve them I am a bit :o. My lovely husband has sorted out my parking problem for me too hopefully, which means the next five Mondays will run smoother.:)

    Bitsy get to the doctor and get that checked.xx

    Redruby hope dad is faring a little better today. Same for Mr Csarina XX

    I have another hospital appointment this morning at ten, but its a nice new hospital with a carpark built under it, so no stress there :) Then I need to find the strength from somewhere to clean the house properly and not just do bits. It really is a bit of a tip, and that's not helping my stress levels either! I have stuck some entil and carrot soup in the SC already as its parent's night tonight, so we need quick fast and hot for dinner, I will make some bread when I get back.

    Hope all are well, hugs spoons and hi fives :D

    Jackie XXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.