We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 2nd Nov

135

Comments

  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Dad had another fall in the night, this time out of bed :(,mum had to phone an ambulance again, I have been on the phone all morning to social workers and his GP, waiting for a call back from the GP, they both desperatly need help, I am going up there shortly to clean for mum, dont know what else I can do but I am sure it will help if its clean and tidy.

    As per usual when stressed I cook :o, have made 24 banana cup cakes, a banana loaf and a sticky ginger cake ( Essex girl I shall send you a bit ;)), also a huge pasta bake for tomorrow nights dinner and 4 small pasta bake for the freezer, easy dinner for dd.

    Ok just going to hoover here, then off to help mum xx
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning All,

    Haven't posted for ages, but its good to read and catch up with you all.

    My daughter heard the explosion this morning as well, prayers for those caught up in things.

    Feel like things are coming to a head at work and seriously thinking of handing in my notice, can't really afford it although we would probably manage. But as my mum said last night it's no good being the richest person in the cemetry:(

    I have been sadly lacking on the baking front recently, stress and baking don't work for me, I have to be in a happy place:)

    Have a 50th birthday party at the weekend so need to think of something to wear (that covers all the lumps and bumps)

    Have a good day everyone x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh no, Redruby what an awful worry for you and your mum. I hope they can get to the bottom of why your dad's having these falls.

    Csarina here's hoping things start looking up for you and OH; I reckon the sooner he's allowed home the better, he'll convalesce much better in his own familiar place.

    Bitsy oh, ouchy ouch, I do sympathise, having woken up in the wee small hours screaming in pain myself, on many occasions.

    Adelight your OH wouldn't last 5 minutes with me.... swiping the stuff that should be used for lunchtime sarnies and ripping up a cheque! Exasperating, aren't they, at times?

    Hankies and hand towels are on the A-frame over the bath, as it's damp out. I tend to only use the TD if it's bedlinen or bath towels that I can't get dry outdoors.;)

    I've also put the yogurt maker on; I got it when we visited Lakeland at the beginning of October, and it's getting a lot of use already; I've been having some yogurt flavoured with a wee bit of HM jam, with a handful of bran flakes thrown in for brekkie, and I think it's doing me some good.:T

    Mr LW forwarded me a picture of his colleague's Labradoodle puppy. I WANT ONE!!!!!:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all:D
    God i'm exhausted today, OH was led on his back snoring all night and wouldn't turn over, he's like a chuffin brick wall to move:o:o
    Am making potato n leek soup, and doing the floors and washing and drying.That's my lot for today as feel crap.Then am going round to Mums as she's putting me on her insurance for her new car:j:j:jIt's a new black focus with tinted windows so i'll be able to drive round looking like a pimp/dealer:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just booked tickets to see the Lancashire Hotpots at Xmas so flat caps at the ready:D;)
    (((HUGGLES))) to all in need eps BITSY, RUBY N DAD, JACKIE G N CSARINA :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

    (Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Candygirl come and sit beside me on the carp bench then <shuffles over>

    I am hobbling round and doing everything at a snails pace but it's better than sitting festering over not being able to move like normal. Bit breezy so have managed to hang the washing out, got another load on in WM at the mo.
    DD gone to bed (lucky her!) and DS is sitting playing with plastacine, they've both been really good kids this morning especially since I've been less than hands on. Am starting to flag now due to lack of sleep. Me and H have agreed that after an initial visit if DD wakes again she gets left to it. Hate hearing her cry for me but it has to be done as she's pulling a fast one now ;) lets hope she's quick learner ;)

    Redruby - I am sorry you're dad's had another fall. Must be terribly worrying for you. Your parents are very lucky to have you as support for them xx I hope they can get some help asap.

    Julie - As long as you can manage financially then I guess you have to do what's best for your sanity x

    LW - A labradoodle? I assume it's a cross between a lab and a poodle? Erm not sure I like that sound of that! Not a fan of poodles I am afraid. A friend when I was little had a little yappy one and you couldn't stoke it nicely like my lab at home, too much curly hair and to top it off it was called Pepe <runs and hides from all the poodle lovers on OS>
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Candygirl come and sit beside me on the carp bench then <shuffles over>

    I am hobbling round and doing everything at a snails pace but it's better than sitting festering over not being able to move like normal. Bit breezy so have managed to hang the washing out, got another load on in WM at the mo.
    DD gone to bed (lucky her!) and DS is sitting playing with plastacine, they've both been really good kids this morning especially since I've been less than hands on. Am starting to flag now due to lack of sleep. Me and H have agreed that after an initial visit if DD wakes again she gets left to it. Hate hearing her cry for me but it has to be done as she's pulling a fast one now ;) lets hope she's quick learner ;)

    Redruby - I am sorry you're dad's had another fall. Must be terribly worrying for you. Your parents are very lucky to have you as support for them xx I hope they can get some help asap.

    Julie - As long as you can manage financially then I guess you have to do what's best for your sanity x

    LW - A labradoodle? I assume it's a cross between a lab and a poodle? Erm not sure I like that sound of that! Not a fan of poodles I am afraid. A friend when I was little had a little yappy one and you couldn't stoke it nicely like my lab at home, too much curly hair and to top it off it was called Pepe <runs and hides from all the poodle lovers on OS>
    Thanks hun:A:AOH has just denied snoring so i'm taking a clothes peg to bed tonight to nip him with every time he grunts:D;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

    (Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Redruby - so sorry about your Dad, thinking of you all x x x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 1,033
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi Guys
    Can't beleive its 12.27 and no-one has commented that its NOVEMBER!!. HH must have been asleep this morning - auto-pilot?
  • I think we're all ignoring it mehefin ;)

    Redruby that's a shame about your dad falling again, call his GP and see if they can do an Occupational Therapy referral ASAP regardless of whatever is going on, they should be able to sort out a few things to make mum's life easier, and provide a bedrail for dad. Hope its just a wee blip and they settle down again soon. Hugs for you and yours.xxx

    I am about to make lunch, jacket spud and some really strong cheddar which isn't veggie but I don't care, I like it :o Hope all are OK x
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mehefin wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Can't beleive its 12.27 and no-one has commented that its NOVEMBER!!. HH must have been asleep this morning - auto-pilot?

    Too tired to notice :o :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.