We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 2nd Nov

245

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 9:43AM
    Good Morning everyone ,damp and dreich here in North Kent .Have to take some library books back today and drop some banking off for Dd but no shopping to get thank goodness.this afternoon I have craft class, so a nice afternoon chatting and making cards in the warm.
    I went to the Heart of the Weald Hospice in Pembury for my lymphodema assessment, and all is working as it should, and it has reduced yet again from 27% down to 19% so both the nurse and I were pleased.When I go the next time in December if things carry on as they should I will be measured for some new sleeves for my arm.The clinic is supposed to be moving to where I live locally at the health centre in Rainham in the New Year so that will be better than a 60 mile round trip every time.After I came out I went on to Westerham to visit my sis-in-law and had a nice natter with her.
    Coing home yesterday late afternoon the trees were beautiful to see with the sun setting on them.I could kick myself for not taking my camera as I would have got some splendid shots.
    had a nice lecture at Uni last night all about Greenwich and its environs over the last 1000 years ,very interesting.I must get started on my first essay this week.it will be about the effect the Thames had on the tourist and entertainment industry in Southend.I have to try and get to the Uni library this Wednesday to see if they have some books about Southend's history. Busy week all round I think.DD started her job yesterday ,well she turned up and the new offices hadn't been finished so she was told she could go home and start on wednesday instead but she would get paid for the two days as it wasn't her fault so she is very pleased as she will get a full weeks money for only three days work.Sounds like a good firm to work for to me.
    Well time for tea and porridge ,I hope everyone has a good day
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    morning!

    day off!:j(working 6 out of 7 this week so looking forward to today!)

    Bitsy - I always sleep with a pillow between my knees as it aligns my hips properly - I was having a lot of pain and had to keep taking ibuprofen before I did this but maybe as has already been said you should get it checked out first.

    RR and Csarina - hope your poorly chaps are feeling better x

    JC - fingers crossed after your interview!

    JackieO - glad your hospital appointment went well x

    JackieG - hope your hospital appointment goes well and good luck with the cleaning! I clean a lot every day but you can never tell!:D

    Butterfly - good luck with the diet!

    plans for today

    coffee with Mum at the WI.
    soup for lunch
    off to Worcester to do a spot of shopping and meet up with DS1
    collect DS2 from work this evening(mum taking him)

    thats about it for now from Tap Towers:D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Morning All

    Bit of a strange morning here. We heard an explosion of some sort at around 7.15 - it sounded a fair distance away but also sounded like a big one. DD came in and asked what it was, and I had a really bad feeling about it. Turns out it was a gas explosion in a row of terrace houses and a few people have been caught up in it :( hopes and prayers that everyone gets out safely. Fingers and toes very much crossed.

    DD rang the local radio station to see if they knew anything about it and ended up being live on air - she was so nervous, bless her.

    OS today will consist mainly of continuing the cleaning as I'm off out later this evening with friends :p DH will be sorting dinner tonight, so that's one less thing to worry about too.

    MMM :)
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well feeling a wee bit more positive after my whinge this morning. Got an ice pack in my groin and I have to say it has helped mobility somewhat. I am taking ibuprophen (I can never spell that :o). If it doesn't improve after the pills and ice then I shall be visiting the doc.
    Tappers - I do sometimes sleep with a pillow between the knees but I end up losing them so don't bother half the time. I think what's done this is I really prefer to lie in the recovery position which my hips and pelvis and lumbar region don't like it!

    JackieG - Have you tried breaking down your housework into a different room each day. I know if I feel I have to clean the whole house in one go it's enough to put me off before I start :o Doing it in smaller chunks makes it more manageable x

    MancMM - I've heard about the gas explosion. I hope they find everyone safe.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Morning all not been on as been decorating girlies room and then spent yesterday tidying up after being OHs gopher;)
    Jackie O glad you got on so well at the clinic we are over your way at medway maritime for a minor op for DD1 in Dec
    Csarina hugs
    RR hugs to you hope your dad has had a comfortable night
    Dinner tonite is spag Bol as DD2 is doing that in cookery so i will make up some extra to bulk it out
    Hugs n spoons to all who need them
    Have a good day
  • Glad your leg seems a bit better Bitsy. I do the flylady lists but just now I am only managing stage one, and not even in all the rooms :o Jusr heading out the door now, see you later! x
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Morning all................................(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0 if you need one.

    I am hopping mad this morning the same low life anon has left another sarcastic comment on my blog because I posted about OH's arm last night. If it were not for some slap dash care in the assessment ward of ERI he would not be sitting in hospital having injections to prevent thombosis in the first place, I hate it when people post anonymously, you have to reply on a public board not in private, afraid I was very scathing back. Have heard this morning that the Public health people are looking into how OH caught the bug, apparently they will be phoning to speak to me.....so........
    Sorry rant over................

    Another bright morning, cold but sunny and rather windy again. I forgot to put the bin of garden waste out until late last night, ended up with soaking feet....managed to step in a large puddle....they were early, collected the bin around 8.30 this morning.

    Off to see OH this afternoon, have all his stuff in the bag ready to take, need to put fuel in the car. I doubt his arm will keep him in hospital any longer, they will want to get rid of him, so guess the weekend is still on.

    I need to set the fire for when I get back and sort out something for my supper, might do a small cauli and calebrese gratin with a baked tomato and a jacket spud, I can fo the spud and the potato in the remy and the gratin in the micro.

    Right offsky to get on
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    bitsy beans, doctors, now!
    redruby, hope your Dad is doign okay and your day doesn't get too stressful.
    csarina, sorry about the idiots leaving those comments. At least OH's case is being investigated.

    Not much going on here, I have a FREE day :D Patiently waiting for my milk and more delivery to turn up, then after breakfast I shall crack on with uni work. I fell asleep watching ask rod gilbert last night and woke up 10 hours later feeling rather refreshed and ready to tackle all my work today.
    Ahhh I finally got a refund from some stain remover, left the envleope and cheque on OH's desk and he just told me he's ripped it in half and thrown it away when cleaning :(
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Glad your leg seems a bit better Bitsy. I do the flylady lists but just now I am only managing stage one, and not even in all the rooms :o Jusr heading out the door now, see you later! x


    But stage one is just fine and dandy. I remember someone telling me that as long as you can find a space to sit down and it's clean enough to eat then it's fine ;)
    Be kind to yourself Jackie - we all are terrible at making ourselves bad for not doing this that and the other. You're doing your best and a little cleaning is better than none. Lets face it in 10 years time the dust today will not matter one jot and there'll be just more dust to replace it.

    And feel free to fling this sentiment back in my direction next time I am having a moan about how I can't get on top of things ;)

    I swear my house would be decorated in post-it notes about all the mantras I ought to remind myself of :rotfl:

    Adelight - ring the company's accounts department and ask them to stop the check and re-issue. Shouldn't be a big deal as the cheques not been cashed. And learn the lesson not to leave stuff like that around your OH ;)
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Good Morning All

    Am on my course at the moment but system is slow so have a spare couple of minutes :)

    Redruby - I love sticky ginger cake

    Mancmillymolly - thats terrible fingers crossed there is some good news.

    Well my body clock seems right messed up at the moment, was wide awake at 4am - managed to get back to sleep but wasn't good sleep iykwim.

    DW emptied, washing out on rads and another load in the machine. Kitchen wiped down and kitchen floor hoovered and washed.

    Have loads of paperwork to get through but also want to pop to a supermarket when course finished for a few bits.

    Anyway really better get back on with it.

    Have a great day & hugs wherever needed.x
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.