Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote:
    I DID not say that the agents twisted anybody's arm. All I said that when a neighbour or relation comes knocking on your door asking if you want to join the scheme, many people will find it very hard to say no. Perhaps it's because we are too polite, and don't want to let down our friends. That's why I said it's a form of moral blackmail.

Well not in my case it wasnt's lol, I just showed that you didnt have to worry about dipping into the piggy bank , and i lost money too as most of the agents did.
    :A :j
  • zsazsa_3
    zsazsa_3 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    my son made his claim today and when he asked they said its going to take approx 8 months befor he sees anything as they are being investigated
    this is normal with any company that goes into administration. The administrators need to have put before them a statement of affairs detailing how the company basically got into the mess it got into. The people best placed to do this are usually the directors and secretary. The administrator then needs to decide whether the company can be salvaged as an ongoing concern (obviously not gonna happen in Farepak's case) or whether it should be wound up <<< this is what is going to happen. Therefore all creditors must be ingathered and details of the amounts owed. The secured creditors ie the Bank etc will be paid off first also any employees that have been made redundant get some (not all) wages and so on down the pecking order. We (as agents/customers) will be the bottom of that list so if we do receive anything (which is very doubtful) it will more than likely take months to resolve.
    I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude :j
  • kez_s
    kez_s Posts: 802 Forumite
    Options
    It may take months, but I don't intend to back down, we have to keep the pressure on and it in the media spotlight, so that we don't get shafted in any more ways.
    ~ What's for you, won't go past you! ~
  • michjoe
    michjoe Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    kez_s wrote:
    It may take months, but I don't intend to back down, we have to keep the pressure on and it in the media spotlight, so that we don't get shafted in any more ways.
    Well said!!
  • max06
    max06 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Frell wrote:
    I have got a Park and Home Farm Booklet here, What I may do is place a small order (with each) and see what happens by keeping an eye on a few sites, and If I feel as though they are going down the pan I shall cancel and the money that I get back (i know it wont be all but will be most) then put that in to a savings account. Its kinda test the water before I trust them fully.

Why!!! Why would you want to do that - what gain would you get?
  • max06
    Options
    zsazsa wrote:
    I have not heard back from my MP but I have heard back from my MSP that is how I discovered a Motion had been enrolled in the Scottish Parliament in relation to Farepak.

Who is your MSP and their email address. I have emailed my MP but not heard anything back as yet. Ta.
  • max06
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. I have emailed the address on the Farepak site with my Agents details and also emailed another address which was on the site with the same details. Should I also call the number 0870 0669826 and register individually. I wish someone would make it clear.
  • michjoe
    michjoe Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    max06 wrote:
    I'm a bit confused. I have emailed the address on the Farepak site with my Agents details and also emailed another address which was on the site with the same details. Should I also call the number 0870 0669826 and register individually. I wish someone would make it clear.
    Do them all, we have
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have emailed on Monday,
    written on Tuesday,
    faxed on Tuesday evening, and
    tonight rang, she couldn't tell me if my claim had already benn lodged, but did advice that all my customers ring too.

So I've done notes for them with my agency number, amount, my personal details and the number, and will ask them to ring as well.

I emailed ITV about the Alton Towers tickets this morning, not for myself, but my customer who is a single Mum of 3. She wouldn't be able to afford to go herself, but could possibley sell them for extra cash for Xmas. I think from that email, HTV have got hold of my email details.
    When I came home tonight I had a email in Welsh from a Welsh Current Affairs programme, they wanted me to ring this afternoon, for a televised interview! Unfortunately I didn't open the email until 7pm, plus although have always lived in wales, don't speak wesh well enough to go on "Byd ar Bedwar" - the programe. But 4 of my customers do!!

It might be too late late, but I've emailed him back with my telephone numbers. Watch this space.

By the way I never (thank God) twisted anyones arm to be my customer, left the catagogue in work and they came to me, and have been satisfied customers ever since, increasing their orders over the years.
    :j
  • WeeStephen
    Options
    I am so sorry for everyone who has been caught up in this fraud, no other word for it.

My wife had paid £800 to get vouchers for Christmas. We have been on holiday for a week so only found out today. She is gutted and has cried all afternoon. We are lucky in that we can cash in some savings but it is still a sore one to take.

A lot of people have lost more than us and will struggle at Christmas. I gave up reading the posts after the one about the wee boy offering up his £1.62 savings.

Needless to say she will never, ever take part in this sort of scheme again. Even if your voucher/hamper provider has not been affected this year, please think twice about using them next year, this is bound to have an affect on the whole market.

I hope the people responsible have a great Christmas. Bet there's no shortages in their households. W@nkers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure