We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Monday 1st Nov

1235

Comments

  • Donate them to a nursing home or homeless shelter?
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,691
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Evening All

    Redruby, glad your dad is home, hope he continues to improve - have they checked for a urine infection as this can often cause a bit of confusion in older folk.

    BB go for it, if it is not for you any more then at least you have given it a go again.

    Good luck to the interviewees and JackieO's DD for the new job.

    JackieG sorry you missed your appointment hospital parking is shocking. Have a good night sleep and deal with everything in the morning - at least the car tax is done now.

    Flutterby - are you going to continue with the 'snogging'?!

    Not done much myself today just work. Had to call at the country store on my way home as we have a little visitor in the loft! Heard something scuttling about the other night so have set a trap. I hope whatever it is enjoys my chicken breast! Also had to go and buy a 21st birthday card.

    The weather here is absolutely shocking, torrential rain and not very warm. Got soaked on the way home jumping in and out of the car and then had to help the hens into bed! Been for an early bath and may well just fall asleep soon. Not had a good night's sleep lately and the clocks changing have made things worse. I'm sure it will sort itself out soon.

    Hope you all have a good evening. Take care XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Jackie G I know you said no hugs, but I like breaking rules, so have one anyway :D

    Nic1lou2, poor you, hope you feel better soon xx


    Anekirr, hello and welcome xx


    Camelot, thanks hun :A, you are the 2nd person to mention a urine infection, I will mention it to mum when I phone her later on, and get her to check xxxx
  • Flutterby - are you going to continue with the 'snogging'?!

    :rotfl: I may do...

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 1 November 2010 at 9:07PM
    I think adelight you will have to give him something like beans on toast with poached egg for tea one night, and if he is not happy explain that he ate the meat for the meal as a snack!! - Worth a try.

    I am fine for a meet either Leeds/Sheffield, I am in the middle for either, I think Jayward may be up for it too, if she feels up to it, maybe we could persuade Pen-Pen to join us too?

    I got a couple of pair of cord jeans from the M&S outlet reduced to £9.50. Don't know what happened to the M&S sizings, they used always to be generous, now I have to get a bigger size there than anywhere else:cry:. I had found tham last week, but ended up dumping them, after trying to stand and queue and my back refusing to stand, today it was empty:D

    Today I have done nothing but cook tea, YS steak from Tesco, it was really thick and tasted great, been browsing. Will get my !!!!! in gear tomorrow. First thing we have a BG guy coming to see if our roof is any use for the free Solar Power. DH has been moving the radio in the caravan, from a large cupboard to a small one;).

    R-R - does Dad have dementia? ((hugs))
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    They have been giving OH injections each night to prevent thrombosis....his right arm is now causing him some considerable pain and apparently he cannot use it.....what are they trying to do??????
    The C. Diff has almost cleared but now he has this new problem to deal with.....they are getting the orthopaedic surgeon to see him tomorrow........what else can go wrong????????????????
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • ((((csarina)))) hope OH feels better soon

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Csarina, hugs for you and DH, hope you manage to get some rest tonight.xxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    donny-gal wrote: »


    R-R - does Dad have dementia? ((hugs))
    DG

    They have tested him, and one Dr says maybe and another says definitely no, tbh I think he might have :(, and this knock on the head has made it worse.



    Csarina, hugs to you and OH xx


    Meant to say earlier ITV tonight at 9, a drama called the little house, I read the book which was brilliant, so might be worth a watch.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    csarina wrote: »
    They have been giving OH injections each night to prevent thrombosis....his right arm is now causing him some considerable pain and apparently he cannot use it.....what are they trying to do??????
    The C. Diff has almost cleared but now he has this new problem to deal with.....they are getting the orthopaedic surgeon to see him tomorrow........what else can go wrong????????????????

    When they gave my DH these when in hospital in Spain, they did it straight into his stomach. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.