We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Monday 1st Nov

1246

Comments

  • I could slap myself :(

    Went to the hospital, got there at 1.15pm - my appointment was for 2.30pm. I kid you not, I spent until 2.55 looking for a space. I finally found one, got out of the car in the P1ss1ing rain, and saw a sign saying staff only, had a look around to make sure as it was in a funny place and sure enough there was another car with a parking fine on it. Had a major panic attack, and called to say I couldn't come and drove the six or so miles home crying my eyes out. No sympathy, please, I am really annoyed at myself I feel as if I had a tantrum, and I had so been looking forward to this appointment and the help I hope to get from it.

    Then to top it all I realised about fifteen minutes ago that my car tax ran out yesterday and I've been driving all over Glasgow today with no tax. I bet one of those enforcement vans saw me, I am so cross, the money is there for it, it just slipped my mind.

    I think I will be going for a shower and my bed soon, hopefully I will be in a better place tomorrow.

    Glad to hear dad's OK redruby, and hope MRCsarina is doing well, too. Hugs all round.xxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Then to top it all I realised about fifteen minutes ago that my car tax ran out yesterday and I've been driving all over Glasgow today with no tax. I bet one of those enforcement vans saw me, I am so cross, the money is there for it, it just slipped my mind.

    don't worry bout this, although legally it's an offence, DVLA normally only care about those that are 1 month plus out of date. Buy at post office tomorrow morning and you'll be fine.

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Jackieg I know you said "no sympathy", but please accept a Wolfy (((HUG))) :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Thanks both, I've done it online, which was my original intention when the reminder came, but it was more than 15 days before and I couldn't and then daftJackie took over and it got lost in the paperwork mountain!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks both, I've done it online, which was my original intention when the reminder came, but it was more than 15 days before and I couldn't and then daftJackie took over and it got lost in the paperwork mountain!
    OK, to avoid same problem next year, get your mobile phone, go to the calendar function and put in a reminder for mid October 2011. Sorted! :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2010 at 7:42PM
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) To Jackie and Redruby....jackie I knoew the problems with hospital parking, I had to get to the hospital by 2.15pm yesterday to be sure of getting a place. Thankfully the staff know I come a long way to see OH and let me in, I never stay longer than the hour stipulated.

    Ruby glad your Dad is home and the scan was ok.....it does sound as if he has concussion.......

    OH emailed this afternoon to say that he has been fine today, he fell asleep for 2 hours this afternoon, he is now getting dressed in the morning and has asked me to take in a clean tee shirt and top for him tomorrow.......I guess he is going to need a nap after lunch for a while. I am going to carry on sleeping in the guest room for a few days after he gets home to make sure he gets a restful nights sleep, I do not want to disturb him if I cannot sleep.

    Just had my supper, I was starving...settling down to watch TV its the start of the masterchef final tongiht......
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Afternoon all

    What a rubbish day! Took a couple of hours off work as I felt lousy and came home early. Was intending taking myself off to bed but I am still sitting here. My eyes have all swollen up with an allergic reaction (not too unusual for me), my leg is all swollen, itchy and inflammed with an outbreak of psoriasis/eczema (sp?), and I have an upset stomach, then I walked in to find my little dog had done a tiddle on the floor (he hasn't done that since he was a tiny puppy) and then finally opening the post to find a tax demand for my husband for over £1600:eek::eek::eek::eek: Now as he pays his tax PAYE through his wages, this has come as a complete shock to us and we cant figure out how this has happened. I have been over on the money board posting, asking for advice.

    OK rant over, I think I may make myself some tea and toast and have an early night, tomorrow hopefully will be a better day!

    RR glad to hear your Dad is ok. Hope he returns to normal quickly.

    Csarina good news that OH may be home in next few days.

    Jackieg - sounds like you have had a bad day too, hope tomorrow is better for you too.

    Donny - sounds like a good idea meeting up, maybe some other Yorkshire based peeps might like to do so too, I think it was NPM who was asking about a Yorkshire meet, perhaps we could do a mini one? Hope you got what you went for at Glasshougton

    Off to get a cuppa and try to calm down

    x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nothing OS to report today, but and sending mahoosive ((hugs)) to RUBY n JACKIE G:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

    (Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Fingers crossed bramble!

    We had an evacuation drill at work, the entire shopping centre poured out onto the street but it did waste an hour :D
    I don't have OH will ever learn, yesterday we had our conversation about him eating meat/everything just because it's there again but did he listen? Apparently not as he just ate a big dinner, then decided to just eat the chunk of beef left over from sunday dinner! I know I got the beef massively reduced but I told him it could be used for other meals or sandwiches and he didn't listen! A chunk of beef big enough for three big sandwiches is not a bloody snack!!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Hello all I'm fairly new here and to old style living!
    We got no trick or treaters last night :( I stocked up on sweets and chocolate at Lidl yesterday (mini twixes, mars bars, etc) and now have a pile of it on my kitchen counter. It's soooo tempting and I'm trying to be good! What shall I do with them? I'm thinking of sending hubby into work with them so at least his workmates can put on the pounds and not me!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.