We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Monday 1st Nov

2456

Comments

  • Good luck for your interview JC, and also to Bramble for yours today :D
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    morning!

    off to work soon - new shifts are a pain as I havent a clue what I'm doing anymore!

    Have tidied through and run the vac around - cleaned the loo and got a load in the WM.
    Havent the foggiest whats for tea later - not home till 6.30 so might leave it to DH to decide.Plenty in the freezer.

    Going to visit DS1 tomorrow. He's skint as usual and feeling very low , not been able to visit us due to lack of dosh and is trying hard to find a proper job, he's doing a bit of bar work and djing at a pub atm. I'm going to treat him to a nice coffee out and a good chat to try and perk him up.

    Nothing else to report for now.

    Redruby - (((hugs))) hope you get some positive news later re your Dad x

    Good luck to those with interviews x

    Csarina - hope your DH is feeling a lot better x

    off for a quick browse now before work x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Morning all.
    Good vibes and hugs for redruby and csarina. Your brother might just be scared, my uncle seemed flakey when his Dad and Mum were both ill but he just found it really difficult to be around their house and wanted to pretend it wasn't happening. Not great, but everyone deals differently and sure yoru brother will come around soon.

    Feeling very tired and heavy today. 50% aching from doing a biggest loser work out yesterday, 50% tired from a 1am disagreement with OH. He says he'll make it up to me. He is lovely but how disorganised and borderline lazy he can be drives me round the bend at times when I am a PROACTIVE GET STUFF DONE kinda person and he just whines!
    Off to work soon, hopefully a nice quiet, easy day then I can come home and maybe the flatmates will have done their cleaning...
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Good Morning All!:)

    Grey start here not sure if rain is due so not sure whether to put washing out.

    Had a great halfterm week with the kids, did absolute loads - so they will be happy to go to school for a rest! :rotfl:

    Part of the black handle on my SC is starting to break, the black plastic that touches the glass - has this happened to anyone else? Cant understand why, I've never put lid in the DW?

    Have put Gammon in SC for tea, with new pots and chantennay carrots. If I have time today I may do a bread pudding ,havent made one for yonks and have some bread to use up!

    Got a nice bag full of stuff to take down the recycling bins this morning too!


    Redruby - It's always the same in families where you usually get one person that has to do all the running around etc (thats usually me too) fingers crossed for your dad today xx

    jackieO - good luck at hospital today and for DD new job x
    Taplady - Thats a nice thing to do with your son today, must be hard times out there, hope it cheers him up! x


    Off on school run now, ttfn and have a good day!:)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good Luck today to JC and Bramble and a huge gentle hug to csarina and redruby.

    Feel a bit in limbo today as everything seems to be waiting for something else to happen till it can get done. Waiting for mirror to arrive to hang over living room mantelpiece to finish off the room.

    Garage is full of loft insulation topping which can't be put in place till electrician and plumber start work in loft in next couple of weeks to fit new shower in family bathroom and in DDs bathroom.

    Two of DDs should be getting their bedroom painted and wallpapered sometime this month. Utility room has now got worktop over washing machine and a ceiling mounted clothes airer has been ordered from amazon to hang over the worktop area next to boiler. I also ordered a 2.1 M one to hang in garage for bigger items so hope this will stop laundry taking over the entire house.

    Gas oven in new house is over ten years old (top oven and grill does not work) and main oven seems to take ages to warm up properly if it does at all. Lunch yesterday was horrible as chicken had not cooked properly despite being in oven longer than it should and I'm scared I'll inadvertantly poison us all :eek:

    Pointed out to DH that I had been struggling with awful ovens for six months now and had had enough so looks as if we shall have to get a new decent electric double oven installled. Can't wait till we have the house sorted out so it works for us as a family.

    Might poach the chicken later, pick meat from carcass and use it to make a pasta dish for tea. If I go to Sainsburys later will get the bogof leeks and make leek and potato soup. The big sack of potatoes we have in garage fall apart if you try to parboil them - Grhh - but will do for soup.

    Hugs to everyone
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning,

    RR - Hope the scan goes well hugs to you
    JC/Bramble - Good luck for the interviews crossfingers.gif
    JG - Hope hospital visit goes ok x

    I need advice peeps, DS is still messing about at night....last night he went to bed at 8pm woke up at 12.45 stayed awake til 4.30am - not crying just wide awake playing with toys in his room then woke up again at 8.30am - apart from stapling him to the bed and giving tranquilisers has anyone got any ideas ? I'll ring my cousin too as her daughter never sleplt at night either so will see if she can offer any advice.

    Kid enjoyed the evening out lastnight.
    DD1 is coming back from mum's today too :D
    OK i am THINKING about playing netball again, i used to play for the county many moons ago and someone in the village has advertised for players, Do I go buy trainers etc and go for it or not i think maybe i'm too fat for it now :o

    Tea tonight LO pork with mash etc.

    Have good days lovelies xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2010 at 11:14AM
    Morning all..........................(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0 if you need one, especially Redruby, hope there is some news about your Dad.

    Was up early, nice morning so washer on, almost finished, we are forecast rain for later want to try and get it dry outside. Also done the Monday clean, not much dust in our room, but then no one has been in it for almost a fortnight.

    Waiting for a call from Oh this morning, see what the Drs have said, he should finish his course of anti biotics tomorrow........he will not be sorry they make him feel sick........wondered if there might be a message from him on my computer this morning, but nowt....oh well.....

    Slept ok last night, woke at 5.15am and snuggled down for another 3 hours.....so feeling a bit better this morning, having a bit of a quiet day.

    I have been thinking quite a bit whilst OH has been away and have decided to give up quilting. I am going to finish the UFO's I have and will still do cards, bags etc but people are not willing to pay the true cost of quilted items, so will be going through my stash to find what I can sell and the rest will be donated to the quilting group. I have made so many quilts over the past 12 years.........and I seem to have lost interest somehow. I have a load of books I am going to offer them at the quilt group first and will then put them on Amazon.

    Washing has finished so better go and hang it out......

    Update:

    Oh has phoned they are looking at him coming home by the weekend.......will know more tomorrow.

    Does anyone have a recipe for a lemonade type of drink. Aldi have an offer on lemons at the moment, thought I could maybe make and store some for OH........
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Good Morning Everyone

    Redruby - Best wishes for your Dad today
    JackieO - Good luck for your hospital visit today too.

    Have been missing in action as lost phone line and internet Thursday, half our village did, coz someone decided to steal the copper wire from our telephone exchange. I am with sky talk and now no that when you are with a 3rd party you cannot get any info from BT at all. Also BT customers were back on Saturday & others not till yesterday evening. Anyway is back now thankfully and have been playing catchup ever since, think will be playing catch up for the rest of the week too:o

    Did manage to get some urgent stuff done as my Mum & sister kindly lent me their internet.

    Plans for today - catch up fully with course work and try to catch up with office work. Need to menu plan - kids were away all week with OH, they had a great time but because I was out most of the time we have eaten rubbish over the weekend. Want to get back to some healthy food.

    House isnt too bad but there is housework to be done and I guess some ironing - havnt even had a chance to look at it :rotfl:

    So will be a busy week all in all, still devil makes work for idle hands :D
  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Morning All,
    Well it looks like all my plans for today may take a back seat because the sun is out :j. The original mission was to find my dining room table :o I know it's in there somewhere amongst the clean washing, bulbs and :xmassmile shopping :rotfl::rotfl:but I know I will feel better for being outside ho hum, also DD has text to say she won't be home tonight, so will have chicken risotto tomorrow now & will do something with red meat for us tonight.
    Must also send some emails to arrange pick ups for the items I won on ebay last night, I was incredibly fortunate in winning 5 items, a highchair for dgs2, a wardrobe for DS, a set of kids books, a mold & paint kit for dgs1 & a cabinet that will a) be my 1st shabby chic project & b) somewhere to store my craft stash, all local so no p&p & total spend of £28.18 :T.
    Hugs to Redruby & Csarina x
    Good Luck vibes to Bramble & JC for interviews & JackieO for hospital appt & DD's new job x
    Hugs & spoons to all in need & best wishes for a lovely day to all x

    jaxx
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

    It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Morning,

    Ruby- positive thoughts for your dad,and hugs for you all.x
    Csarina- glad to hear OH may be home later in the week :)

    Did some food shopping yesterday,but didnt spend too much so that was good.Came home from the match and had the beef I'd cooked,just had to wait for the spuds,but we were much later than usual for a Sunday.We got a call from DH Aunt to tell us his cousin has bowel cancer.She is the same age as me,so that was a shock.Luckily it hasnt spread,so is going to have a longish treatment before they consider surgery.

    We didnt have any trick or treaters,but our drive is long and dark,perhaps it puts them off.I always feel a bit melancholy at Halloween these days as thats when my Dad died,4 years this time.I bought a lovely bunch of roses and pinks in his memory,so they are cheering me up today.

    DH just has to look at a couple of jobs today,then he's finished-we may go to the Trafford centre and have a look around-try & get some presents sorted.My neighbour has just been,and given me a copy of Easycook magazine so I'll have a flick through that later:)

    Hope everyone has the best day they can.x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.