Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 25

New Post Advanced Search

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 October 2010 at 12:59PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.2K replies 103.4K views

Replies

• Another small spend today, £3.21 at Mr T. Shouldn't need anything else until Saturday when I'll be going to the Market for F&V.
    Like a lot of people I have also listed all my cupboards and freezer stock and am attempting to meal plan from them and spend as lttle as possible.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and advice.

UTS
  • recovering_spendaholicrecovering_spendaholic Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No spend days yesterday and today. Altered the meal plan a bit tonight as it was supposed to sausages, mask & beans which I still did for the kids but made a tuna pasta bake for me & OH. It was a bit tastless to be honest but there is still loads left so OH has agreed for us both to have the left overs again tomorrow night instead of the roast chicken I had originally planned. Can't think unfortunately of anything I can do now to umph it up a bit other than serving it with sweetcorn which it wasn't made with.

Typically DS didn't like the quiche that I had bought from the gluten free food fayre which was really annoying because it was really expensive. I nibbled at some of it but unfortunately he had smothered it in ketchup and eggs & ketchup are not a nice combination for me.

I will be glad really when my DD has come to the end of her block of cookery lessons. Every week for the last 8 weeks I have been buying ingredients for her but today's attempt did not go well at all & has had to go in the bin.

Mrs M - I don't seem to be on the list. Can you put me down for £450 again for November please? Thanks very much.

This might sound disgusting, but if I am re-heating a pasta bake I often break it up and stir in some ketchup and mix it in and then top it with some cheese and re-heat it in the oven. It seems to zing it up a bit - We always like it better the second time! Might be worth a try if it is a tomato based one and not a cheese sauce based one.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • First shop of the month - MrT - milk rolls and cake bars (on special) £3.16.

• lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a few NSDs then £3.89 yesterday on potatoes and a cake :o not very OS of me but fancied a treat. Not doing bad so far, it's the eating out, large breakfasts etc that was doing my head on but we've been cutting back & thoroughly enjoyed the sprouts with my toad in the hole yesterday instead of a carvery ...... I didn't buy sprouts last year and have only ever bought them at Christmas and they still tasted yummy
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • edited 1 November 2010 at 11:53PM
    NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 November 2010 at 11:53PM
    Hi all!

First spend of this month and I've actually UNDERspent, because my Mr T was VERY bare this evening. I went in for the Simple 3 for 1 moisturisers/face wash, but they had ran out, and they had also run out of the 12 rolls for £4.

So the damage for today is £15.39 in Mr T + £1 on some bagels from Mr S this morning. Updated signature

greent - I'm glad you enjoyed Edinburgh. I'm going there at the start of December. It will be my first holiday since June 2009! :eek: Before I started my money saving drive I used to have 3 holidays abroad a year, all spent on credit, but then I got to a point where I thought I need to stop, pay things off, and stop taking holidays! Hopefully being in the UK will be cheaper because I can print off all these 241 restaurant coupons and go on toptable etc. However since it's not GC related, if you, or jintyb (from Edinburgh), can PM and recommend a good restaurant to go to (think traditional HM pub food, but not Wetherspoons) in the centre I would really appreciate it. :D
    I've never been to Scotland, so I'm quite excited about seeing Scottish notes (a bit sad I know!). Knowing my luck I'll only be given English notes in change. :o
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T
  • Hideous start to the month for me - we needed re-stocking for the non-food items (pet food, toileteries etc.) so I'm currently almost half way through my spend for the month already, and I've only covered the first week. I've got some tricks up my sleeve though (a freezer that needs to be cleared and an M&S gift card - yummy!!) to get me through the month. Am determined!!!

MMM :)
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • Total of £23.55 spent in Tesco last night, hoping to keep away from shops until later in the week!
    #82 12k in 2018 - £3473.45/£12000 - 28.95%
    Retirement Fund £10850.02/£250000 - 4.34%
    House Fund £2679.13/£50000 - 5.36%
    Travel Fund £199.49/£2500 - 7.98%
  • AlwaysHappyAlwaysHappy Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember if I posted (senion moment), can you put me down for £200 if I haven't already asked, going to be tough as I have already spent more than a weeks budget and we are on day 2, however, the freezer is full as are the cupboards so keeping my fingers crossed
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • hi have tried doing this a few times and failed missrably just had the shock of my life when i added up my recipts for October and they came to a whooping £504.20 and that is after my 10% staff discount :eek: so I need to get back on the waggon. This month could be expensive as it is my dd2 18th birthday and we are doing a party for her at home the theme being bonfire night type food, she is paying for some of the food we are paying for the rest and some of the booze but i'm not counting the booze in my grocery budget.So taking that into account and the fact my store cupboards/fridge/freezer are fall I would like to be put down for £350.00 I know this is doable and hopefully i can lower it a bit more in the new year once i work out how to edit my profile i will keep update it to show how i am going, i am sure with all your help I can make this work :)

Barneydee
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • my First spend for November is £6.25 at asda
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46