Becoming Debt Free- The Rock N Roll way!!

Options

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    Options
    Im glad about the voucher too do you know how long they take to come through could use it next month! I have also made the decision to cancel a few things as I could do with spending money for Download! I have decided to cancel my Bass lessons at the end of February so thats £60 a month saved and I have PPI that I took out when I took out the loan so I am going to shop around to see if I can get it cheaper than £14.25 a month (it used to be £7 a month but they got taken over and prices went up!). I am considering cancelling it altogether actually I only have 4 months left on my loan but part of me is wanting the security! I need to shop around for Contact Lenses so I have a few busy days ahead.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most sites seem to take about 3-6 weeks to send them through, some are quicker but it's nice when they do arrive :D

I sadly remember when Download was called MOR and was under £20 a ticket!! Good idea to stop the bass lessons, can re-start them when your debts are lower anyway. I'd probably cancel the PPI myself, if you can that is, as you've not long to go on the loan anyway.
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Thanks Kirri, the plan is when I have relocated I will take them up with a different teacher but its a waste unless Im in a band theres no point! Im not sure about the PPI I have shopped around for it cheaper with slightly less cover and it £7 a month but I dont how long you have to be on it to get any money if I do become Unemployed, Im thinking about the Credit Cards just in case!

Well payday tomorrow and Im £20 overdrawn Im really not happy about it I was hoping to get rid of it..it costs me 50p a day to use it but wont be as bad as Dec I was charged £5 I reckon I will be £2 this month. I have done really well with the spending having NSDs etc. But the last spend was umplanned as we went out to the Ballet for a friends birthday so unless its planned Im not going!! Nothing to the Credit card either grr!!

I got my Santander statement today and the good news its not as bad as I thought. I will pay the minimum payment off on Sat! Off for a run!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Today has been a good day, apart from the fact its payday but also because I have made a few important decisions..the first being is that I wont get Contact Lenses that saves me £15, two is Im giving chocolate as of Monday cos it costs me a fortune. I'll only do it 3 weeks in a month to prevent PMT. I ashamedly spent £1.20 on chocolate today so i need to find some alternatives.

Friday night in but Saturday night out with people staying over so the flat is spotless and Ive done my clicks. I need to find my camera cable so that I can put stuff on Ebay tonight!!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Right Good News and Bad news the Bad is my college course got cancelled, an evening course and its getting refunded...onto my credit card as I paid with it. I will have to go in on Mon and get it back onto my card. So thats £75 off but I will do another one but this one is free as I have a ILA and the course thats been cancelled was ILA registered!

Paid Santander minimum payment off next is Tesco when that bill hits the mat on the 7/8th. So will update sig!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Well I was out partying last night and went out with £35 and came back with £8 left in my purse so thats going to the next night out. So far nothing else is planned this month but I have a gig to go to in Glasgow on the 15th. Im only planning to spend money on food and a Tshirt thats it...no clothes shopping for me!

Also I sold a book on ebay so far so good. The declutter phase is going well with 2 charity bags going in two weeks, I've also given an old Digital Camera and Portable CD player which Ive had for years!

My Dad is now doing Green Metropolis too..so thats good for him as he's had some uncertainty on his job security. Right off to tidy up the flat after our overnight visitors...its not that messy, I tidied up as I go along just dishes and put away the airbeds...Seeyas!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    A wee update, still ebaying did about 5 items but a lot of books went on Green Metropolis, my loan payment out yesterday so will change my sig. Posted my ebay book on tues. Went through a lot more but I have a lot of larger items to Ebay but will wait for a free lsiting day for those. Just waiting for the Tesco statement to pay the next payment so far I have £50 towards it!
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Just nipping to say hi....a very quiet thread. Ok not much in the way of Debt Busting but had a NSD today and I am now planning my freebie weekend with no spending at all no going out no spending. I have a gig on in a fortnight so need to save money to buy food, a tshirt and the odd coffee but nothing else. Off to check my ebay....:cool:
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Ok I got my Tesco Gift Card from Valued Opinions so that will get spent tomorrow. Only spent £11 today, of which was spent on a tube of hair dye which will last me 6 months and some coloured paper for my Killjoy costume for the My Chem gig!

Also got the Debenhams Beauty Club card and for signing up I got some free samples of perfume :j. Had a very relaxed day and also got treated to a hot chocolate in M&S-WIN!

Also have been thinking and have found a new determination that I am not going to be a slave to the Mon to Fri job. I will try and find a way of making money and still be comfortable! Just trying to think positive!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    What do you mean by you're on your own? You starting a solo rock career?
    Also have been thinking and have found a new determination that I am not going to be a slave to the Mon to Fri job. I will try and find a way of making money and still be comfortable! Just trying to think positive!

Any ideas so far?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport