What do you earn, how much do you owe and how much are you paying off?

Comments

• mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    i earn nothing, looking for a job and dont qualify for JSA
    Owe fiance around £1550 and have £250 over draft
    Pay back nothing at the moment but when I have a job I will pay back whatever I have left after bills
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    I'm officially the poorest person on this thread.

no, i am no income and owe £1800.
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • My wife and I bring in about £40k between us which works out about £2500 a month.

Unsecured debt of £48k (see below!) *minimum* repayments are £900 (in a good month we will overpay to take this up to £1100)

Secured loan repayment is £180. (£17k loan)

Mortgage repayment is nearly £800. (£117k mortgage)

So we don't have a lot to spare each month by the time we've paid for bills, food, etc... any spare goes towards the debts!

James
    Total Debt: Owe about £19,000 on credit cards plus £24,000 which is my half of joint loans.
  • kevin_M
    kevin_M Posts: 551 Forumite
    i earn around £1400 after the tax man and NI man takes takes his cut

dept payments are £300ish
    rent tax fuel etc £500ish
    spare cash £600ish

debt see sig

last year i owed around 22k
  • aceades
    aceades Posts: 117 Forumite
    Ok , I earn about 950 a month (paid weekly) run a privetly rented house and provide for two people ( my partner doesn't work). i pay 70 a week rent, this is the only thing i pay regularly because i struggle with everything else, it costs me about £30 a wek in fuel to get to work.

I should pay for TV license but i dont have one, council tax but they have never billed me, i have a monthly internet and telephone bill of about 30. i also have a 1000 overdraft which i am constantly on the limit of usually over the overdraft by the time i get paid, i have 1000 credit card which i on interest free at the moment, also about 8000 loan which is also on interset free (luckily) i have the intention of paying these buy cannot afford to as cant really afford to buy any food or clothes etc, i have an electric bill evry few months whoch i just pay becaue i have to be basically in a bit of a mess and cannot get out - my light at the end of the tunnel is hopefully a payrise in a couple of weeks and also the bank charge reclam as they have had so much from me. i feel really crap about it because i am out of the house by 8 in the morninga nd not back till 6:30 and i still have to borrow money just too get through the week without even thinking about making minimum payments form loan etc - what the hell can i do about this, the only way i can pay anything off is to starve myself and stop going to work which wouldn;t help in the long run, ,having no income, o and being dead lol

I dont let it get me down though just somohow mange to get through day to day, casuses a lot of stress for me though which isn't good i would feel so much better if i was just on top of things even a bit , like if i could afford to actually pay my bills and live - oh well we all have our dreams
  • aceades wrote:
    Ok , I earn about 950 a month (paid weekly) run a privetly rented house and provide for two people ( my partner doesn't work). i pay 70 a week rent, this is the only thing i pay regularly because i struggle with everything else, it costs me about £30 a wek in fuel to get to work.

I should pay for TV license but i dont have one, council tax but they have never billed me, i have a monthly internet and telephone bill of about 30. i also have a 1000 overdraft which i am constantly on the limit of usually over the overdraft by the time i get paid, i have 1000 credit card which i on interest free at the moment, also about 8000 loan which is also on interset free (luckily) i have the intention of paying these buy cannot afford to as cant really afford to buy any food or clothes etc, i have an electric bill evry few months whoch i just pay becaue i have to be basically in a bit of a mess and cannot get out - my light at the end of the tunnel is hopefully a payrise in a couple of weeks and also the bank charge reclam as they have had so much from me. i feel really crap about it because i am out of the house by 8 in the morninga nd not back till 6:30 and i still have to borrow money just too get through the week without even thinking about making minimum payments form loan etc - what the hell can i do about this, the only way i can pay anything off is to starve myself and stop going to work which wouldn;t help in the long run, ,having no income, o and being dead lol

I dont let it get me down though just somohow mange to get through day to day, casuses a lot of stress for me though which isn't good i would feel so much better if i was just on top of things even a bit , like if i could afford to actually pay my bills and live - oh well we all have our dreams

The thing about your council tax doesn't sound good. I'd call them and sort it out otherwise you could be in a right mess and the council aren't ones for being lenient when you owe them money!!!!!!!!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • We earn around £12,500 a year. Plus child benefit x3 and some WFTC

We have debts of 27k (roughly)

We are currently paying back £670 a month - which is over half our monthly income! If only I had £670 spare cash to spend every month. I'd be rich!
  • zag2me
    zag2me Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    1) £1900 a month
    2) Debt £2000
    3) Pay off about £500 a month currently
    Save save save!!
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    That's pretty good, soon you'll have no debt...
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
  • I took advice from the CCCS (a debt counselling service, charity so no fees) they recommended writing it all down, this made it plainly clear how bad things were. List all your essential outgoings: Mortgage, food, utilities bills and discard all that you can live without, they then take the rest.

Personally our debt was at 30K a year ago now at 25K (some creditors refuse to stop adding interest), we pay off £960 per month from income of £2600.

Freebie sites and the money saving forum here all help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport