What do you earn, how much do you owe and how much are you paying off?

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok thanks I'll look into it but the benefit office said it was 16 hours with the same employer.

I've also just realised (sorry, having a thick moment) that by then I will be married and my boyfriend will be living here. So that will be £50 per month I won't be spending on travelling to and from London.

It's not so much the cost of them getting to school that bothers me, it's more the fact that getting to school should be free.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Rgc_3
    Rgc_3 Posts: 209 Forumite
    Ok thanks I'll look into it but the benefit office said it was 16 hours with the same employer.

I've also just realised (sorry, having a thick moment) that by then I will be married and my boyfriend will be living here. So that will be £50 per month I won't be spending on travelling to and from London.

It's not so much the cost of them getting to school that bothers me, it's more the fact that getting to school should be free.

Hi
    id most definately get onto cab and check your details as id magine if you can offer proof of income it may be back dated(I really dont know but it must be worth the phonecall to check)

best wishes
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Earn £840 from one job between £60 and £180 for another plus tax credit and child benefit pay £450 per month t debts going down rapidly!
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • I'm happy to post my info on here, but as others have ponted out it's personal and different for each person. I'm luck in that I earn a decent, if slightly irregular, wage, which enables me to clear my debt relatively quickly:

Income - £2,500 pm
    Debts - £25k :eek:
    Paid per month towards them...£1k :eek: :eek:

Sometimes I think what I could be spending an extra grand a month on, had I not been so foolish with my money years ago.....!
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Jamielad wrote:
    I'm happy to post my info on here, but as others have ponted out it's personal and different for each person. I'm luck in that I earn a decent, if slightly irregular, wage, which enables me to clear my debt relatively quickly:

Income - £2,500 pm

Sometimes I think what I could be spending an extra grand a month on, had I not been so foolish with my money years ago.....!

Pretty much the same here- income= £2600 pm, debts £25K +, paying off whatever I can afford per month- going to try for a grand a month from now on which will get me cleared in 2 years. If I hadn't been so foolish with my money for years I would have all this spare cash now :o
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Jamielad wrote:
    I'm happy to post my info on here, but as others have ponted out it's personal and different for each person. I'm luck in that I earn a decent, if slightly irregular, wage, which enables me to clear my debt relatively quickly:

Income - £2,500 pm

you're not alone in thinking that :(
    carve your name in red. the silver slipping and slicing. rose petals blossom and fall. soul steals away.

• I'm officially the poorest person on this thread.

but you're the richest if your signature is true!
    ;)
    :j Every day in every way, learning to money save:j
  • 1) 46200 (this recently went up alot)
    2) 16245
    3) 1125/month
    LBM: Nov 2004 Debt Apr06: £19,273.46 (Highest)
    Debt 2006: Jul:£18,552.06|Aug:£17,615.14|Sep:£16,297.98|Oct:£15,961|Nov:£15,760.66|Dec:£13,204.37
    Debt 2007: Jan:£13,183.71|Feb:£13,851.03|Mar:£13,349.15|April:£12,997.33 | May: £12,300.00 | June: £12,000 | July: £9,894.44 |Aug:£0
    Debt Free Date: 31 August 2007
    The £2 Coin Savers Club = £72
    Reclaiming my bank charges - £105 reclaimed
    My Diary: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=230561
  • emmajg
    emmajg Posts: 136 Forumite
    Hi
    currently I earn between £10-£400 a week depending on how many orders I get but now the wedding season is kinda dropped off (august was very busy) and I'm not earning anything much after this month :o( Thou got a job interview tomorrow for an evening job and if I get it I should bring home about £500 a month :o) fingers crossed!

Average £400 a month
    Debt about £25k
    Payment £300 a month for another 8 years
    Em Tysoe
    about £12k debt & 7 years left to pay
  • I get about £500 p/m, husband gets about £850. We owe £11100 and we are currently paying £382.50 a month towards debts alone. We're now starting to save as much as possible to be able to pay off a bit of our debts each month.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family