Please Vote For The Dfw Official Slogan

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Why a slogan?

Many outside this board are confused that DFWs' (Debt-Free Wannabes') signatures are boasting about being in debt. Of course the real boast is that DFW's are taking that debt on and dealing with it.

Thus the aim is to have a slogan that all DFWs together can add to the bottom of their signature which gives the message that this is about proudly working to get rid of mistakes.

It's not about 'no blame for being in debt' it's about 'being proud to have had a lightbulb moment and be dealing with it'

Where did they come from?

DFWs suggested them in this thread. Choosing wasn't easy but I've focused on those that get the message across to others (rather than those which are good - but really only for those in the know)

Martin

PLEASE VOTE ON YOUR PREFERRED OPTION

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Which gives the best message about why you're proud to be a DFW 224 votes

Debt Free Wannabee: paying it back with interest
8% 19 votes
Have seen debt's dark side, now seen the light
11% 26 votes
Debt Free Wannabee: it's payback time
31% 70 votes
Become debt free the MSE way
21% 48 votes
Paying my way to be debt free
4% 10 votes
Proud to be dealing with my debts
20% 45 votes
Repaying my promises with interest
2% 6 votes

Comments

• Frugal_Fox
    Frugal_Fox Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    Options
    oooo - getting excited now - my slogans been chosen - thanks Martin!!! When will you announce the results Martin?
    "A simple life freely chosen is a source of strength. Do not be pursuaded into buying what you do not need or cannot afford." Quaker Faith & Practice 1.02.41
  • livinginhope
    Options
    I can't understand why anyone would think we are boasting about our debts?
    I wouldn't wish my situation on anyone,but we are here sorting it,I can't keep looking back thinking what if I'd done something differently,this is here and now,and yes I AM PROUD TO BE GETTING SORTED.
    So to anyone who thinks we boast about our debts,come and spend a say with me,experience the constant looking over your shoulder,ignoring the phone calls and struggling with the budget,you will then see it's nothing to boast about!
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    livinginhope - don't worry - its just a few people. Remember many come on here and don't even see DFW - the signatures sometimes may be confused. This is to make sure it isn't

The poll is open three days! Then it closes and it becomes "official" - hoorah

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i have voted already :) and im proud to be tackiling my debts and getting them down :)
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • bluezone
    bluezone Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    I've had my vote - yippey
    😁
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have voted too!
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    Martin - you have to PROMISE to wear the slogan on a t-shirt the next time you do some TV, ok?? :D:D:D:D
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, I can't decide! :confused:

Will have a think and get back to you! :think:
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • hannah:-)_2
    Options
    Just voted! Fab idea ;)
    Official DFW nerd 187 :T Highest debt Oct 06 £23,319 _pale_ Cleared end 09. :T
    Student again now and trying to fight the debts that are creeping up again :eek:
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Just voted too.

Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories