PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Its tough, it will get better and guess what its freezing brrrrr!

Options

Comments

• Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I imagining it or do Lidl or Aldi only take cash? (OMG I feel really stupid asking that :o)

I could be mixing it up with somewhere abroad...
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    They take debit cards too. Don't know about credit cards though, and they do cashback. :)
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • lambanana
    lambanana Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Sammy_Kaye: I'd go with tuna/egg mayo or possbily ham and grated cheese with some salad in tortillas...yummy!

I'm sorry the last thread had to be closed, I do enjoy reading and posting in this thread.

I'm going to Morrisons AGAIN today...might as well have my wages paid directly to them instead! We just haven't managed to get to the supermarket properly since getting back from our hols, our veg box was delivered so we have loads of veg and nothing to go with it!

Noticed Costco had put the corned beef back up to £6.50 for 6 tins from £5.99 which was disappointing, wish I'd been able to get two packs before instead of one but never mind.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • Katie1980_2
    Options
    Hello :hello: I am Kate and decided to join this thread, I am very into saving money at the moment as I am on sickness benefits and a student so not too helpful..

I bake alot anyway and am looking for more things to bake and so that I can put in lunchboxes for me for the week..
    my boyfriend and housemate laugh at me as I refuse to put the heating on at the moment and have still only got things on for the winter I don't care as I have a snuggie and it is amazing..

I have Mrs Beetons books and my gran took great pains in teaching me how too cook things from scratch.. and I love delia and marguettie patten
    Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
    £2,960 in debt to RBS paying off at £10 a Fortnight
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh my word!! I just read a bit from the other thread. My personal view and the reason for starting the original thread is that we all need a bit of mutual support from time to time and that means to be able to `chat` to people who have become online friends. I have learnt many new things while merely `chatting`, good tips here and there and mostly money saving. The emphasis was originally on tips and hints and developing an awareness that times were going to be tough and the chat developed from that. The threads have helped people to survive and sometimes provided a virtual shoulder to cry on when things got too much for some. Sometimes people fired arrows while hiding behind this or that username and that is not the spirit but when it happens then you begin to feel `what is the point` and that happened to me, hence me disappearing to carry on surviving without passing stuff onto others. I don`t know why certain lovely posters have gone to ground but it only takes one online virtual `bully`. The original thought was in `pulling together` and that seems to be even more relevant today
  • lambanana
    lambanana Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    You'll be the one laughing when you have a lower heating bill Katie :)

Also I asked DH yesterday about a cheaper Christmas and a strict budget for spending on each other and he said he'd rather spend more at Christmas than birthdays...that's lovely dear but you earn more than I do and can spend more on me than I can on you :(

I also really wish we could have Christmas just the two of us at home but it's always with his parents
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome Kate and Welcome back Kittie :)
  • PennyPinchingPrincess
    Options
    I shall briefly delurk on this shiny new thread :wave:

I enjoyed reading the other thread, it's a shame the it got locked. The levels of moderation on here really put me off posting, I'm sure I'm not the only one, so I mostly stick to reading, and sighing when things get closed or merged!

But, mustn't go on about it, or we'll have another closed thread on our hands!

So, how am I coping? Only just! I manage to stick to budget most of the time, but there's so much more I could do with getting, it seems never ending :( Not looking forward to the vat going up! I'm as frugal as I can be now, so I'll just have to put my budget up, which means my house fund will be even more neglected than it is at the moment :(
    Refusing to Sit Down & Shut Up since 1974 :kiss:
  • seasalt_2
    seasalt_2 Posts: 358 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2010 at 3:41PM
    Options
    Thanks frugal for pointing me here. And sorry if I was telling you things you already knew flowertot mum! Oops - pressed post before I meant to.

We lit the rayburn about a week ago because the weather was so bad and it has been lovely to have a warm house but today it is sunny. Have got it almost shut down - just enough to stop it from going out, but I still keep thinking I have got a temperature and must be going down with something!

One thing I have started doing this year is putting the cold ashes through a garden riddle and then tipping any reusable bits back in the coal bucket. Want to see if I can get our coal bill down. You should have seen me in my swimming goggles yesterday - got ash in my eye the day before - bit too windy!
    Jan 2011 GC £300/£150.79 (2 adults, 2 teens, working dog, includes food/cleaning/toiletries)
  • Thats_Me_3
    Options
    KITTIE!!! How lovely to hear you again! PLEASE STAY!

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport