🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Memorygirl Matrix

Options
Memory_Girl
Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
edited 17 October 2010 at 1:52PM in Debt free diaries
Welcome to the brand new Memorygirl thread - The Memorygirl Matrix

Quick update to get you up to speed and hopefully you will want to jump in and play along.

The last thread is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2445739

But be warned, at nearly 5000 posts it will take some reading.

The original thread “Memory girl’s Make Do and Mend” has been running since the beginning of May 2010 and originally was about me trying to create a happy and stable home life for my two wee boys; following brushes with being credit crunched, losing a business and being left standing in the bank one day with literally ” 71 p and three nappies.”

Unfortunately what followed was more battling with cars breaking down, the bank (attempted and thwarted repossession application) and battling the bureaucracy of the benefits system (being left without tax credits and Healthy Start vouchers for 7 weeks) – at which point I declared I have had enough , my kids need to eat – I’ve got to get back to work.

At which point the universe started blessing us with minor miracles – so to keep you up to speed (and so you can understand the buzzwords, here goes)

Lots of us have read “The Secret” – so we are focussing on attracting what we want into our lives by asking very directly.

Whilst we are still watching the pennies we are focussing on creating abundance in all of our lives.
FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
Pension Provision £6688/£2376

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    I'd come to a session in Cambridge MG.... although I'm only a part-time student. I can also probably help with flights for you down here, and accommodation.

can't post a 'wanted' for football shirts yet as I've requested curtains already today! will do it as soon as i can.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • fantasia322
    fantasia322 Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2010 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Woohoo I'm the 1st 1 to post on the new thread. MG.
    I've only been here for about a week but already the positivity and the 'universe' are starting to ring the changes.
    Bless you x

OOps 2nd lol
  • crickett1234
    Options
    Do I get a prize for being the first (or one of the first) to post here? :) Heck, the paint is barely dry!! :D
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
    Herm Albright 1876-1944
  • Memory_Girl
    edited 7 October 2010 at 3:33PM
    Options
    It’s me again!!!

So what is my Master plan to take over the world?:D

Well thankfully it’s a lot less sinister than that. I’m actually pulling my old profession out of the dark box it was locked up in and (Gulp!! In the middle of a recession) launching myself back into the world of training and professional speaking. – no!!! Seriously!!!:rotfl:

Its not as daft as it sounds, because I happen to be the 5 times World Champion in my chosen field and have already written two books on the subject – but this is the first of me trying to figure out how to create a business from nothing, on no money, with no partner and still have some decent time with my two boys. So I am struggling to learn enough about sales and marketing to get me rolling.

My first target is to make sure I sell 10 of my books per week – this means I will then have the same income as I did when I was on benefits.

My second target is to share my training day “The Students Survival Guide” with 1000 people in the next year. To this end the matrix are suggesting locations (The Memorygirl World Tour – LOL) and together we will figure out how to get everyone in the room together for a day of Mind Mapping, Memory, Speed Reading and Study Skills. This is the course I use when working with kids that need to get “A”s or want a first class degree.

My third target is to contact our Universities to work with some of their students and staff -current aims are to be working with both MBA and PHD students as well as doing some staff development training.

The fourth –well it’s the icing on the cake really, providing a killer keynote for conferences, award ceremonies and special dinners. This really is a “killer keynote” that actually got me a standing ovation from Mr Big during my “audition” – focuses on teaching the delegates how to memorise a pack of cards and using that to show how some simple strategies really can help them, and their businesses do more, with less time, less resources and less money – with people that are better equipped for change. (and its loads of fun to do)

Just to add a little spice to the proceedings, Mr Big has set a challenge that I actually start work in my new business on Monday the 18th of October.

...................... so I make that 10 days and counting ........................ until am off benefits and back into the world of work.

Stay, play and feel free to chip in if you fancy.

Memorygirl
  • Memory_Girl
    edited 7 October 2010 at 3:34PM
    Options
    Woohoo - I only popped over to cut n paste my next post - and look who showed up:p

You guys are seriously quick off the mark:beer:

Didn't want ot get into trouble with the PTB - so quick new thread for us to play with.

Spread the word .................... cos with only 10 days to go I am going to need all the help I can get.

Memorygirl
  • crickett1234
    Options
    MG, did you mean Monday the 18th October? Cos your post says 8th October... which is tomorrow! :)
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
    Herm Albright 1876-1944
  • baking_mama
    Options
    Today I asked the universe to make me smile and it sure did.
    10 000 smiles on children's faces, what a wonderful place mg's thread is. Thank you to Oliveoyl and Memorygirl. :A
    Emails sent to my contacts at local college and primary school.
    I also had an idea, maybe if those children over here who donate their t-shirts would want to write a letter, too - maybe? Kind of a penpal idea...

mg- that was so wonderful of mr.big, enjoy your pressie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :j
    :) Art is a life-saving device. :)

:)MSE is a life-saving device. :)
  • Memory_Girl
    Options
    Erm - thanks cricket

Don't fancy a job do you - you are so efficient (and scary, has that been mentioned before??:D)

New thread for a new push to get me off of benefits and into work - Go Me!!!!

Memorygirl
  • Memory_Girl
    Options
    :DTypo - me???? Surely not!!!

Fixed now - thanks hon.

Did the rest of my first two posts make sense?

Memorygirl
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hey mg i'm glad you chose that name for your new thread
This discussion has been closed.