Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• tlck9
    tlck9 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    need to order oil in the cornwall area, has anyone had any good quotes recently?

Also does anyone know of a maintenance agreement for service and maintenance, i used ti have one on my gas bolier for £9 a month, which included 1 services and any callouts, labour and parts if anything went wrong...but domestic and general dont deal with oil boilers

Any ideas appreciated

I was also told that ordering 600 litre instead of 500 litres was quite a bit cheaper, any experience of this
  • tlck9
    Options
    thanks I had used this site for prices but didnt realise they offered maintenance agreements

Does anyone have a miantenance on theirs is it good value?
  • itsnever2lateisit?
    Options
    ellieuk wrote: »
    Just ordered 1000 litres at 39.2p (+VAT)
    Thats good, where are you? I just been quotes 41.66p + VAT
    [strike]Debt @ LBM 04/07 £14,804[/strike]01/08 [strike]£10,472[/strike]now debt free:j

Target: Stay debt free
  • tlck9
    Options
    42.77 cornwall
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Anglesey - Gwynedd - managed to get it down to 41.1 plus vat today, after hassling, started off at 42.5!! Let us buy 800 litres, any less and would cost more, so bought less as will last until summer.

Last week I have been told it went to 39p, so missed the boat!!

Regards oap
  • oap
    Options
    Solrry when I said bought less, meant 800 litres!!:confused:
  • spongaldrifter
    Options
    Xbert wrote: »
    Insert From Martin

Where to find the cheapest fuel oil isn't easy. While gas & electricity price comparison services are common place, the same isn't true for fuel-oiled heating.

The discussion that follows is a merger or two that contained much information. The answer seems to be 'get lots of quotes, and don't believe the hype'.

In the third message of this discussion you will see a list of comparison sites, and then in the sixth a press release from a newly launched company. Please do enter the discussion, hopefully together as collective MoneySavers we'll find a solution

Martin

Original Post below....

I posted this first in the 'I wanna ..' forum, this looks more appropriate.
    First price is 24p/litre last week in Cornwall. I'm going to start getting some quotes for myself. If people think it's useful I'll put them up here. I know the suppliers respond to the spot market for oil, but at least some idea of what the going rate is might be useful to somebody, somewhere!

Quotes will be for 1000 litres of standard 28ps heating oil, excluding VAT.

Target price for domestic heating oil
    Does anybody know where to find target prices for domestic heating oil (1000 litres of 28ps)? It's pretty unrewarding phoning around all the distrbutors and the boilerjuice and greenwelly (yes really!) websites both returned prices that were worse than I could get straight off the bat.
    It's hard to believe that in this day and age of consumer regulation up the Ying-Yang there appears to be none that applies to heating oil.

Thanks.

First post so please be gentle with me!

Hi, where do you get these good prices from, i live in the Highlands of Scotland it cost me over £500 for a 1000 litr's, i was 32p last year i'm paying up to 49p now, it's up and down, it seems to go down when you have just filled up. kind regards Simon.
  • spongaldrifter
    Options
    Hello. Come and live in the highlands of Scotland, we are paying up to 49p a ltr for oil, we use 3 tanks a year for our water and heat, it will cost us an extra £500 this year, we have cut down to have the heat on for only 5 hours a day now, with coal, wood and electric as back up , our annual fuel bill will be £2100 this year, it maybe time to change the oil for a wood burner with a back boiler as when oil prices go up so does heating oil, we have tried to cut back, what more can i do? it get's very cold up here.
  • oap
    Options
    We think wind turbines are the way to go, we think eventually we will all have to have one, we went into it but as we are in our seventies would not recoup the price, however, if you are young enough well worth it.

You need planning permission I think if its in the garden, and the ones on the house are apparently too small!!

Any unused electricity gets sold to the electric company.

There are new electric boilers now that will run your existing raditors.

We are fed up to the back teeth at present with the whole dam thing. Paid 41.1 per litre for our oil yesterday.

Regards, oap

ps there are websites with all the info on about wind turbines.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    tlck9 wrote: »
    need to order oil in the cornwall area, has anyone had any good quotes recently?

Also does anyone know of a maintenance agreement for service and maintenance, i used ti have one on my gas bolier for £9 a month, which included 1 services and any callouts, labour and parts if anything went wrong...but domestic and general dont deal with oil boilers

Any ideas appreciated

I was also told that ordering 600 litre instead of 500 litres was quite a bit cheaper, any experience of this
    Try Tincknells of Newquay. Cheapest I have found, they offer servicing too.
    http://www.tincknells.com/contact.htm
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback