PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Hi, I put ours on for about an hour yesterday and its the house is still feeling alot warmer now. i notice that when you havent had it on for a while, putting it on for a hour and then turning it off again can make quite abit of difference for a couple of days. Last night was also the first night i shut our bedroom window!x
    I've done exactly the same - except the bedroom and bathroom window's always open. Warm bed, cool room...lovely!
    Normal people worry me.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    Heating on? Seriously? I'm still sleeping with the window open most nights!

Once it's cold enough to lock up, I'll think about putting the winter-weight duvet on the bed, but the heating's a couple of months away yet, at least. People moan about new builds a lot - but they sure do keep the heat in...

My window open and the lightweight quilt still on and this is not a new build. Also live in NE Scotland so not known for warmth. ;)
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    not on yet but tempted, am sat here in warm jammies, fleecey top over them and am shivering!! but that could be something to do with the fact that my pc is in the hall
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I felt the cold this morning for the first time ..... which means it must have been chilly because I'm usually the last to feel it. I have set the heating to come on for an hour in the mornings now but not at night yet. Enough latent heat from the cooker at tea time to keep us warm for a week or two yet I hope.

Ordered heating oil last week and it's come down in price very slightly since April. Need to find a wood supplier for my new Woodburner which will be installed within next month. I love a real fire and we enjoy going for walks to collect wood so heats us twice!! :)
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    I've had my heating on & off for the past couple days,just to warm the place up a bit but mainly a quilt does the same job,especially as my Gout has flared up which I've only started suffering from since I had a TAI Stroke last month.
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a nice day today,heat will stay off for as long as i can stand it.We are using about £1.42 awk in gas and from £5 to £6 in electric .Theres no heating on electric but i just can't get it any lower,dread to think what it would be like to heat by electric.
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    No need for it yet its ok today.
    It was very dark this morning though.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    off it seems abit warmer today and more importantly drier, i have washing on the line and i'm gonna throw the kids out into the garden for abit :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely off for me. I have all the windows open. I am digging out some warmer jumpers though, and I had my heavy wool blanket on the bed last night. OH pushed it away though said it was too warm for blankets! The only problem is we have had such wet weather the washing isn't drying very fast on the airers so I am reluctantly doing a lot of finishing off in the tumble dryer. Will most certainly keep the heating off until the end of the month. Don't blame those who are poorly though....hope you all get better soon.
  • Heating - whats that??? Ouur heating is not on and will not be until I am foreced to put it on. Moving in April to a house with storage heaters I am keeping it off as long as possible. We have a fire in the sitting room which has a fan in the bottom, if its really chilly at night I put it on for about half an hour and then turn it off. There is a thermostat on it and it cuts out when the room reaches temperature,

We still have the 4.5 tog duvet on the bed with a quilt folded at the bottom incase it gets cold in the night, windows are closed but the top vents are open in all the rooms. I open the bathroom window for an hour or so after we have had out morning shower.

We have timer and thermostatically controlled wall heaters in the bedroom, will not use the one in the spare room unless we have visitors, eventually plan to usre the one in our room on low all the time when the weather is very bad, we also have an oil filled rad for the hall, but I doubt we will need it.

Throws and quilts on the back of chairs.......I am keeping my fingers crossed we will only need the storage heaters on November to March.......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback