PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Spike :( Keep well

My heating is still off altho its pretty chilly here... I've got my fluffy socks on, jeans, a vest Tshirt and a sweatshirt on to keep warm, plus the laptop warming my legs :D

Gonna light half a dozen tealights tonight for ambience and a wee bit of warmth!
  • muffin_man_7
    muffin_man_7 Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2011 at 7:16PM
    Options
    mrsr wrote: »
    Hi muffin man

I'm pleased you think my usage is low.
    I have gas Ch ,the boiler for hot water goes on once at tea time for about 45 mins.We use the gas hob as much as poss for all cooking and boiling the kettle,as the Gas board have rated the boiler as D i don't surpose £1.40 is to bad.
    With electric i swich everything off at plug apart from internet,sky box, fridge freezer which is high energy rateing and stoped using the oven and bought a halogen oven and use that as little as poss.The TD,DW dont get used apart i may use Dw once in a blue Moon.The washing is done on a cold wash,the WM has a large drum so when i do need to do hot i can do all in one go,then there's all the usually like energy saving lights bulbs.No matter how i try i can't get it any lower, if we didn't use the telly i could lower it ,it's surprising how the monitor shoots up when it's switched on the prob is OH would leave if he didn't have his telly he puts up with all the other Ms stuff but not losing his telly:rotfl:

Thanks for the info based on the things youve said above my usage should be a lot lower

This will possibly make you feel a lot better about your energy usage
    we (thats little ol me and 2 teenagers) and we
    dont have DW orTD used to have TD when all 7 kids were all at home
    we don't need one with just the 3 of us our washer is big 7.5kg so it only goes on for full loads i use 30c most wash loads although i do have to do a 40c load now nd then or the washer starts smelling weird
    all 9 lights are energy bulbs and only 2 are on for any length of time
    we have gas cooker combi microwave elc kettle its safer with kids and not on more than 4 tmes a day
    gas c h combi boiler so we have nearly instant hot water dont know what theratig is council put it in in 2002 kis have tv an old 14nch portable very good for its age it has outlasted 3 lcd tvs so far and an oldstyle big one in the summerhouse since i cancelled the sky tv the box now is used like a freev box but only 2-3 hrs a night i have started swithing it off in the day no tv in LR i prefere being on here learning to cut back as much as i can i use dehumidifier to get clothes dry at night if it too wet to put them out i have a halogen oven i did originally buy it for my eldest but she was given one so i got to keep it not used it yet
    i have a slow cooker made a lovely veggie stew( note to self must do it again soon) and fridgefreezer 7yr old badly needs replacing will be soon i hope so fed up of sour milk at breakfast time will be getting my eldests fridgefreezer as she is getting an under counter fridge and we are swapping freezers i shall be having her small under counter one and she will be having my frost free one big tall one as she was given a DW recently so has had to rethink her kitchen
    it seems we both are doing the same things but you head with reducing usage we use lowest 5 units a day :jand ou highest ever was 39 units in one day:eek: hope you see how you are doing so good thank you for sharing you day with me sorry for the long post but i've noone in R L to share money saving stuff with i also hope

Your OH starts helping you wth your energy saving in return for keeping the tv:rotfl:
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • MrsRogers
    Options
    Hello Everyone :wave:

Well Autumn has certainly arrived as this thread is up and running again :)

Our heating is still off.. weather has been nice today however still very fickle.

Just reading about the storms due Monday :eek:

We have lots of blankets and stuff to layer with so I am hoping not to have to put our heating on for a while yet.

We have no def date in mind but our plan is to at least get through September & October!!!
    Goal - We want to be mortgages free :j

I Quit Smoking March 2010 :T
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still off here but a wee cocktail has taken the chill off :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Elmo1985
    Elmo1985 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    ours is still off though its getting chilly now - once baby comes along the heating will officially be on :D
    Sealed Pot challenge" member #1342 Online Saver £60.00
    :mad:DEMONS :mad:: Lookagain £1358 // Debenhams £
    [STRIKE]767[/STRIKE] // Cap1 [STRIKE]£141.00[/STRIKE] // OD £800.00
    Official DFW Nerd #1385 - Proud to be dealing with my debt!
    Pay one debt 2012! £0 / £800

:jBaby Girl born 25/09/11:j

• chinagirl
    Options
    Our heating of OFF !!! Hope to keep it that way at least until mid October :)
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mine is off - and when it goes on the temperature will be set at 15 degrees C. I warn visitors that they need to wear warm clothes. :rotfl:
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hello, 1st time on this thread, we had a woodburner installed just after last winter, did a few test runs earlier in the year and am hoping we wont have to put heating on for a while yet got chilly other night (just west of Hull) so fired some lovely dried logs, as the chimney runs through the middle of the house, the walls in the hallway are quite warm and second bedroom nice and cos the chimney runs up through it. So log pile is fully loaded but hoping we can hold off with the heating until at least mid October, we shall see in the meantime I hear we are expecting the tail end of hurricane Katrina?
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • guccigoo
    Options
    my heating is still off but im feeling the chill tonight and my feet feel like blokes of ice! Determined to keep off till the end of the month.
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Ada3050
    Ada3050 Posts: 227 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Still off...:j

However having a trial run tonight of some compressed sawdust logs to see how long they burn for. Wanted to test them for mid week fires after work.

They are too long for my victorian fire surround so broke them in to thirds and they burn quite well. Got nearly 2 hours from them before I put some wood on.
    Know the difference between what you WANT and what you NEED. :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure