PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Off today. It was so warm when I was pulling some weeds in the front garden it could have been early Summer. Just beautiful!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am so glad the weather is mild, cheaper for consumers, greener and s*d the energy companies :p

Amen to that!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sunny_Day wrote: »
    Haven't run my heating since 2008 due to lack of money! Only comes on when my ancient Mum comes to visit. However, I live in a 1890s mid-terrace house with walls 18-20+" thick and with very good insulation on the loft (a benefit I got when on JSA).
    I get a lot of heat seep from my neighbours. And I have a lot of thick sweaters and a hottie, for the really cold evenings.

Wow how interesting. We had a similar age home before our move 3 years ago & that was freezing.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    On this morning for less than an hour, on this evening but it got too warm so I turned it off again. I do have my winceyette jimmies on, and the laptop keeps me warm too.
  • chickens11
    Options
    Its raining here and really dont feel cold, I did put the heating on when I got up but didnt have it on for long as its not cold.....I will light the fire late afternoon , its very comforting when its dark , dismal, raining ....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • chickens11
    Options
    Had our first frost of the winter this morning so my heating came on on the timer at 6, we had sun all day which heated the rooms so no heat during the day ......But when the sun went down at 3.30 I lit the fire , its now pretty chilly out , but lovely in front of the fire with the dawg.....It will be a nother frost in the morning so heating will come on at 6 again......Weve been very lucky with this autumn temperatures so cant grumble now we have to have heating on.......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    Heating has gone on tonight im fed up of the washing having to be rewashed cos it smells mustydamp i use a dehumidifer when washing goes on airer but it just not enough now
    oh well 25nov is good dont think ive lasted this long before well except when im skint but that dont really count for me its having the choice as in money on meter do we need it on or not im amased noone has asked for it to go on sooner unless they have realised no money no heat mmm hope so just checked temp its only 15.2c so might need to leave it on longer ??? No point having it on in the daytime im the only one at home so seems a waste
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Heating has been on here for the last week, just for an hour in the early evening to take off the chill.

I had not needed to wear socks until last week but now daytime and evening I am fully layered and with a dressing gown over me.

Have really noticed a sharp drop in temperature this last week.

Have done well to make £15 of pre pay gas last a month, not for much longer though I fear .
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had frost last night, we don't have the heating on in the morning because we get up at the last minute and go quickly out. This evening had the heating on for an hour again, the sun had warmed the lounge up and we keep all the doors closed at this time of year to trap the heat in. We still have plenty of leaves on the tree's and it's almost December.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • i.love.baking
    Options
    had the heating on on the timer for a while, hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. had to turn on earlier tonight- freeeezing. I live in a victorian stone terraced house with single glazing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback