Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Congratulations craftygranny, lovely win ;)

Tomsmom, blimey, that would make me claustrophobic too. You and going to get fed up of my higs but sending you some more xxx

We had a good day at the shops today, MIL didn't come as she said is was too cold outside and I am ashamed to say I agreed with her that it was very cold rather than encouraging her to just wrap up warm and come :o;) We have almost finished presents, just 1 thing more to buy I think? We had a lush lunch at Pizza Express. I then spent a hellish hour and a half at the school disco but came home to tea made by my OH. He didn't make me any cake (thank goodness, he would make far too much mess!) so I need to pop to Wifey's and flourgirl's to get my pudding ;)

Take care everyone xxx
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Evening all - I stood my ground and worked from home today but I did have to provide a minute by minute account of my time - she refused to transfer the files over as it wasn't a priority and tried to force me into taking leave.
    one of the girls felt so "encouraged" to attend work that she got her neighbour to dig her car out and burst into tears when she got there as the roads were so icy she was frightened to drive (60 year old diabetic with a terminally ill elderly mother)
    chief exec sent everyone home at 3 with all users email and it really kicked off as one of my colleagues said he was going and was told he could apply for leave or if not and he went he was breaking his contract - he very calmly pointed out that it made no mention of call staff having agreed to stay later and boss was shouting and screaming and had to apologise...............they all left once the row finished and they made up at 3:25:rotfl::rotfl:

I walked to the village shop this afternoon just to get out and the A road which has supposedly been treated still has a covering of snow on it - didn't walk as far as the 1:10 hill to check that. A couple of blokes have helpfully cleared our only flat route onto the main road which has now frozen and is a sheet of black ice where it was manageable ruts before :eek: We walked back and had a couple of hours in the pub have left OH there - hope he manages to get back ok as it's bitterly cold out there and although we were all driving each other potty will be on edge until he's indoors.

Feeling really miserable - can you tell :)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Emzy81
    Emzy81 Posts: 481 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2010 at 10:08PM
    Options
    Well that took a while! :eek:

Thank you for that craftgranny and it seems im already on the list but thank you for saying you would put me on it.

Now the fun part of looking through them all properly, I'll enjoy that :)

Sounds like you've had a bad day paddingtonddo I hope tomorrow is better xx
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2010 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Padster, sending ((((HUGS)))) just for you. Check, check and check again your contact of work. I hate bully-boy tactics.

I went into work today and it was a scary 10 miles of black ice, you can hear the tyres making a noise. I got into work and I found my hands were aching where I had gripped the steering wheel so hard.

Nice curry tonight and finished it off with more cake, saved some for you, rainmac!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    PepPop wrote: »
    Rusty What sort of size of roses did you get? I've been trying to make up my mind for ages but don't have a clue what size to pick - HELP?!

I originally got 1.5cm flowers as I presumed that was what everyone was using, but then bought some 2.5 off the advice from rainmac and they are what I used on the bear card :)

Cant stop, am freezing so gonna head to bed!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Page 2 :eek: I hope we never get to page 3!!!:eek::eek: Now that would be a bit drafty:rotfl:

Hugs to all of you who need them xxxxxx

The fruit loaf was a success, although it was a bit well done it did taste yummy on the inside. I think if I make it again I will do a light crust setting. So today its toasted fruit loaf and real butta for lunch and homemade soup and DH's crusty bread for tea, very frugalicious!

Spent ages last night putting together bits I have bought and made for Christmas, just need to get shopping now for the main bits. I hope the weather is fit enough for the post next week as I have piles of stuff to post.

Its a bit warmer here today 2*:T
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a quick peak at the thread when I was at work last night, all that talk about your lovely food made me hungry, so I had to make do with pickled onion monster munch ;)

Been really busy at work and not had time to catch up on blogs or do any card making, hopefully it will be less busy tonight so might get a chance to blog hop later

Have a good day everyone
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    jazabelle wrote: »

I've got all my secret santa present ready to go - I suppose I better send it soon, in case it gets stuck in the snow!

Sorry to snip you Jaz.

Just to let you know, although I've not been around much, I'm still doing the secret santa, and my parcel is almost ready, so I'll post it next week. :D

I hope everyone is well and that the snow isn't causing too much trouble for you. Gosh it's cold though.

Take care and have a nice weekend everyone.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    Morning all still lots of snow and icy here looks like its starting to melt but its to freeze later
    Billy has been called out to an emergancy job to clear the snow off a factory roof so it means that his 5 day won't start till monday now
    card class later then we are going to put the tree up as we need cheering up

Padster sending you hugs
    Rainmac that was a shame your mil couldn't go lol

hope everyone has a good day
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2010 at 1:52PM
    Options
    We've had rain overnight so it's washed away a lot of the slush and the road is a cleaner.

Stay warm everyone.

What time's lunch, flourgirl? I love anything with fruit in so your fruit loaf sounds so yummy but it can sometimes give me chronic indigestion, Yep, I'd love a slice, does it come with a Gaviscon topping??
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure