NHS discount book & gold card???

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sue_Harris
    Options
    adam_P wrote: »
    I recently went to a practice in Ruislips Middlesex on the gold card scheme, saved me a bucket of money.. you all know how expensive dental treatment can be.. so was well worth while.. even got my teeth whitened

if anybody is interested the address is

Kingsend Dental
    34 Kingsend
    Ruislip
    Middlesex
    HA4 7DA

This Practice along with loads of others across London are giving the NHS Staff discounts on their selected Private Treatments via the first medical NHS Staff Benefit Programme for NHS Staff - :TGet your first medical NHS Gold Privilege Card FREE from your NHS Department!

:jYou can now get discounts from Cobella Hairdressers at Selfridges and Kensington High Street and a great new Indian Restaurant in Mile End Tube Station ; Zain's Restaurant & Grill:beer:
  • Sue_Harris
    Options
    smartcat04 wrote: »
    We usually get our pay sliips delivered to work but a few months ago some were missing and got posted to peoples homes. Those that were posted got the gold card but the rest of us didn't. From what I can gather there wasn't much of interest in it.

Things have changed since 2004!

All you have to now is go to your HR Department and ask for your first medical NHS Gold Privilege Card and they will provide you with one FREE of charge as participant of the National Staff Benefit Programme for NHS Staff.

Don't be fooled into buying Cards or Vouchers if your are an NHS Employee - the fm Gold Privilege Cards are FREE for NHS Staff.
    The Exclusive Discounts and incentives for the NHS Staff are available via the DiscountsNHS.com website.

With your first medical NHS Gold Privilege Card, you can get fantastic discounts across London. These are just a few of the established businesses participating in the first medical National Staff Benefit Programme for NHS Staff:

Award winning Hairdressers Cobella at High Street Kensington and Selfridges Store, Award winning Toni & Guy at High Street Kensington, Award winning Thai Square Group, Award winning Dental Arts Studio Group, Award winning Indian Restaurant Gaylord, Saab Fulham, Award winning Hob Haridresser Group, Nothern Motors Vauxhall Group, Award winning Blue Elephant Restaurant and La Portes Des Indes Restaurant, Alan Day Honda & Alan Day VW, Award winning Indian Restaurant Indali as well as the multi-award winning Hairdresser to the Stars: Stuart Phillips in Covent Garden
  • Sue_Harris
    Options
    smartcat04 wrote: »
    We usually get our pay sliips delivered to work but a few months ago some were missing and got posted to peoples homes. Those that were posted got the gold card but the rest of us didn't. From what I can gather there wasn't much of interest in it.

Things have changed since 2004!

All you have to now is go to your HR Department and ask for your first medical NHS Gold Privilege Card and they will provide you with one FREE of charge as participant of the National Staff Benefit Programme for NHS Staff.

Don't be fooled into buying Cards or Vouchers if your are an NHS Employee - the fm Gold Privilege Cards are FREE for NHS Staff. The Exclusive Discounts and incentives for the NHS Staff are available via the DiscountsNHS.com website.

With your first medical NHS Gold Privilege Card, you can get fantastic discounts across London. These are just a few of the established businesses participating in the first medical National Staff Benefit Programme for NHS Staff:

Award winning Hairdressers Cobella at High Street Kensington and Selfridges Store, Award winning Toni & Guy at High Street Kensington, Award winning Thai Square Group, Award winning Dental Arts Studio Group, Award winning Indian Restaurant Gaylord, Saab Fulham, Award winning Hob Haridresser Group, Nothern Motors Vauxhall Group, Award winning Blue Elephant Restaurant and La Portes Des Indes Restaurant, Alan Day Honda & Alan Day VW, Award winning Indian Restaurant Indali as well as the multi-award winning Hairdresser to the Stars: Stuart Phillips in Covent Garden
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Carrera74 wrote: »
    I work for the NHS (in Preston) and have never heard of this gold card or a discount card either. I am a member of NHS Discounts but never use it.
    in preston you get given the booklet at your mandatory training days.
  • Hemichromis
    Options
    LondonDiva wrote: »
    However, NHS, policemen and firemen get 20% off at nando's!

an that there is the only discount have found useful and significant all the others are either very small discounts or they are large discounts on very expensive things like haircuts (£22 for trim for a balding man) i can get 25% off. fortunately my fiance is handy with clippers
  • Hemichromis
    Options
    I wonder ow much these cards and discounts cost to arrange? personally i'd prefer a 10p pay rise
  • tg13
    Options
    Yes they do exist, go to medicarenhs.co.uk which is a site which shows discounts for NHS and DVLA staff in their local area. It is really useful as I get discount at my Vet's, a couple of restaurants, my local butchers and many more in my town.

T:T
  • jellybean39
    Options
    Watch this company!!!!M!

We signed up as a hairdressers barber shop as we give discounts to th ehospital where we live.

Cost us near on 800 quid but they lied to us telling us all NHs staff automatically got a card. We were also given them but when we tried to use them only could be used with NHs card or wage slip so absolutely useless to my staff.

Do not part with any money if Medic care ltd ask you to as they are a rip off con merchant company who are very convincing.
    Mum 30k/29000
    BC1 11500/11300
    BC2 10500/10300
    BC3 6500/6400 NW 950/800 Next 600/450
    Here we go a again!!!:mad: DFD Oct 2016 hopefully!!!
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As an NHS worker, we often have the discussion about the discount cards which were handed out around 2005. We are all of the opinion that having followed any of the leads in there, products were significantly dearer being bought with the card. Never knew about Nandos, shame. We went there once and paid an absolute fortune for a rubbish meal.
    I wouldn't bother paying for an advert to be in one of these booklets because the NHS just doesn't hand out any information to their staff.
    It would be much better if there was a web based place for you to put your adverts and then people could search by region and product/ business.
    That would be too easy though presumably!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • fgibson
    Options
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    As an NHS worker, we often have the discussion about the discount cards which were handed out around 2005. We are all of the opinion that having followed any of the leads in there, products were significantly dearer being bought with the card. Never knew about Nandos, shame. We went there once and paid an absolute fortune for a rubbish meal.
    I wouldn't bother paying for an advert to be in one of these booklets because the NHS just doesn't hand out any information to their staff.
    It would be much better if there was a web based place for you to put your adverts and then people could search by region and product/ business.
    That would be too easy though presumably!

The Medic Care company have a web based search, if you visit their website you can register for free and view the discounts, you search by country, region and town.
    They list all their adverts on there. :T

I work within the NHS and like you I use to have a booklet but when I asked our HR dept about it they told that the NHS is going alot greener so have stopped with the NHS booklets which Medic Care use to provide for our Trust and with that they have adapted their website accordingly with the above mentioned search. They seem to promote it alot within the trust,we have posters all over the place about. We even had an open day which I believe they attended (colleague told me, I never usually bother with them) .

Worth checking out their website tho :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport