NHS discount book & gold card???

Options

Comments

• bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work for Bradford & Airedale PCT and I've used the NHSdiscounts.com to book for Center Parcs and Haven before but nothing else!
    might have a look at this card though!
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • adam_P
    Options
    I recently went to a practice in Ruislips Middlesex on the gold card scheme, saved me a bucket of money.. you all know how expensive dental treatment can be.. so was well worth while.. even got my teeth whitened

if anybody is interested the address is

Kingsend Dental
    34 Kingsend
    Ruislip
    Middlesex
    HA4 7DA
  • Dipity
    Dipity Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    We have just got smart cards at the Gp practice I work at and we can get 10% off everything at Boots. Not sure if this is just local or nationwide.
  • jmama4
    Options
    Hi, I am just about to book a trip to Disneyland Paris with a 50% discount due to NHSdiscounts.com. you do need to look frequently but for me that has just made a trip to Disneyland possible for my family when we would not have been able to go beofre.
    Julie
  • jmonkey
    Options
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    Hi me and my mum run a ironing service and we advertised in the handbook last year paid £1500 and got no customers from it, we was then informed that the handbook was never handed out there was quite a few of the other people who advertised in it that have sued that company so im quite suprised they are still doing it.

Stephb xx

I too have paid out £564 to be in the discount booklet as a Driving Instructor and got no response whatsoever in nearly 12 months. I would be interested to know how you sued the company as I am in the process of doing the same. There is a lot of angry business's that feel the same too. Sue
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Our NHS gold cards were delivered in a brown box that sat in the staff room for months and months. I only noticed it by chance most people haven't even picked there's up. It's still there over a year later.

Most of the offers in the booklet weren't local and weren't things which would interest me, so I haven't looked at it since. The whole thing seems a waste of resources from my point of view.
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • photocanvas4all
    Options
    This is quite a mystery! It seems there is some Big Time Deception here, but some NHS have this MediCare system actually working...

After a surprise phone call inviting me to be one of just 3 photographers selected to be 'promoted' by the NHS in the area on their intranet, with a potential 10,000 client base I had a visit today from the Salesman with a very convinvcing patter and the offer of advertising space for 500 quid, (the cheaper aoption!)
    I did a search and fouond several disgruntled professionals who claim they have been ripped off as no business has come their way.
    Moral of the story? Steer clear of this, IMHO!
    It would be good to have the official NHS line on this, as it has been around a while now...
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    dorothy perkins apparently offers a discount to NHS workers
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did my "mandatory training" this week and was given the gold card and booklet there. (NHS)
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Do NHS Volunteers get these discounts? I have an ID card and have been CRB checked, Occupational Health checked etc so am an employee in that sense, just don't get paid!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure