PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• poppy-glos
    Options
    triticale wrote: »
    Looking at my total I've spent two thirds of my budget in under half of the month - does anyone elses end up like this?

hi, mmm, i get that spend it at the beginning bug then forever try to play catch up! now i allocate myself a daily amount i can spend, then post in red if i'm over it! (to remind myself to have some nsd or low sd's to bring myself back onto budget... This month for example it's 7.33 a day, hence my post being in red as it's more than 11 times that at the mo...

good luck

poppy x
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • triticale
    triticale Posts: 771 Forumite
    Options
    poppy-glos wrote: »
    hi, mmm, i get that spend it at the beginning bug then forever try to play catch up! now i allocate myself a daily amount i can spend, then post in red if i'm over it! (to remind myself to have some nsd or low sd's to bring myself back onto budget... This month for example it's 7.33 a day, hence my post being in red as it's more than 11 times that at the mo...

good luck

poppy x

That's a good idea, I did manage quite a few NSDs last week and hopefully should manage 3 or more this week. Can I ask what 'pcmo' and 'egm' stand for in your sig? :)
  • EvieSaver
    EvieSaver Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    oops, had a little spend last night at my local shop for alcohol - I am so weak but hey, cheers anyway :beer:! An extra £8.92 added to my total. Big SM shop tomorrow, haven't wrote my list yet but the cupboards seem really empty - hope it won't be too expensive.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £6.50 spent on beer last night as a treat for me and DH after we spent all afternoon blitzing the house:beer:. I feel like I have a new house!:j

DS has been sleeping through the night since last week so lets hope he keeps it up as it's amazing how much more I get done/better we eat when I am not wandering around like a zombie:eek:

Made the quorn burgers from their offer cookbook last night and they were really nice. HM Shepherds pie from the freezer with veg from the veg box tonight. Might do a microwave jam sponge as well as I feel cold today (any excuse;):o)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • MrsEm
    MrsEm Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    OH had my debit card in his wallet from the weekend so that certainly stopped me spending anything today (I didn't even buy any milk)!:D
    MFW 2011 #170...£3800 OP YTD - need to reconsider my 2011 target (ooops!)...in it for the long haul...
  • Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Just popping on to update siggy, two NSD yesterday and today. :T Very pleased and we need to get a lot more if we're going to be on budget this month.

Have a good evening all.

Take care,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Evening all!

NSD yesterday but have spent today on milk, toilet rolls, snacks, lunch stuff and orange juice. Didn't do anything with the apples yesterday in the end as I was nursing a little bit of a hangover all day - oh dear! I went into town today after work to get the above from Sainsbury's & Farm Foods as I remembered that we are all off on Friday this week for an inset day and then it is half term next week so wanted to stock up on a few things as I will be quite busy the next few days.

I don't try to have a daily spend budget but dread to think how my spends against my target would compare!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    Options
    hi all, had a low spend day today only spent £3.32.

Just bought some thing to make a sarnie with and crisps and chocolate for the allotment. Going down tomorrow as well as i'm off work this week, so I'm not going to spend anything ..... hopefully :D
  • Diflower
    Diflower Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £3.92. Onions, carrots, celery, eggs & couldn't resist coop sausages for £1.
    Went just to the next village rather than a big shop, sure I would have spent more otherwise.
    Their post office has a good selection of wool, so went for a big ball of some lovely stuff I used last year for *mas pressies. Now have the fun of deciding what to make with it, and who for.
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £1.05 spent on eggs at the organic shop (taste much nicer than in the supermarket!. Updated siggy :cool:
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills