PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    A spend in A$da to report....£3 on Hallowe'en sweeties:eek:, 74p on cheese scones and 48p on cat biscuits.

Off to update sig and make a start on Novembers meal plan & shopping list
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm going to declare this a good month :T It was definitely under £250 but I lost one of my receipts :o

Mrs M ~ Please could you put me down for £250 again in November? I'm going to meal plan as I really need to lose some weight, my poor legs get really tired and my back is achy!! :rotfl:
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hang in there - as with de1amo, my ex husband has learnt how to live with his depression, and pretty much has control of it, without medication, so there is hope :)

I just wish there was a higher success rate with BPD - still, we have to keep trying, as the alternative isn't acceptable.[/QUOTE]

The thing with bi polar is once your well it no longer exists as an issue in its-self--the meds i take keep me on the low side of normal so at times coupled with things life throws at me(middle-age) i can fall into malaise.--a good side of the meds is that i stay within an emotional spectrum--i never get over excited and i never fall too fall into dispondency--just directional malaise due to middle age!
    İf my grocery challenge ever rises to 1000s you know i am ill!!--spending huge amounts is an early warning sign!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right finally caught up with October's thread, still have November's to go though! I have almost been having withdrawal symtoms the last few days as real life got in the way and prevented me from posting!

Mrs M, could I please declare at an appalling £611.28 against my £450 target and can I try again for £450 please for November.

I really need to get a new slow cooker - mine has a big crack in the bottom of it.

Hello to all newbies and good luck to everyone for November.
    There's a 6.2 ltr slowcooker at $15 in Arg*s,if that's any use,Offer's on till 2 november [it's in their half price sale]
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everybody

As you can see from my sig I'm about £100 over and have no excuses really!
    As it was half term I decided to do an A*da shop on Weds which ended up at about £70 and toyed with putting it in November to make myself feel better but I've left it:D.
    Not declaring 'til tomorrow night so things will get even worse!
    Have a good weekend.
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    £1.65 on toothpaste. I reckon that's it for this month:j

I'm just putting together Novembers meal plan and getting that ordered from Mr A online. So I'm declaring £109.89 for October out of a budget of £130 :beer:
  • MancMillyMolly
    Options
    Over budget fopr me, although not by too much.

I'm declaring £370.40 from a £350 budget. There's always next month :p

MMM :)
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • Changingme
    Options
    Total spends for the month £281.58 I have stocked up on some things.
    Save £4500 in 2014
  • mum2b
    mum2b Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ARGH I have totally lost track of this thread now, things have been pretty manic at work etc etc......anyway my total spends are £240.22 which I am very proud of even though it is over budget (£225)!!!
    I blame approved foods and if I hadn't placed my first order this month I would have been under budget by £8.04 hey ho!
    Please could you put me down for £225 again this month? Seems to work for us.......
    We are having celebration take away tonight, DP proposed yesterday :o) Bring on the champers, choccie and junk :beer:
    Sep GC £235.51/£225.00
    Oct GC £240.44/£225.00
    Nov GC £170.76/£235.62
  • Diflower
    Diflower Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Oh wow congratulations mum2b, definitely cause for celebration:T

Well we are still in October so still going over budget. On the other hand, November should be off to a lean start as there won't be much needed.
    Also the freezer has a better selection in it now, it's not very big and was only run down and defrosted at the beginning of October so that's one excuse I shall stick to.
    Sig updated and hopefully finished but may go and get eggs tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure