What is this private message?

Options
I have received this message from a new member, should this be allowed?

*** HURRY, CLAIM Your Ref Links NOW! ***

NEW MLM/HYIP FORUM.

Come and list your favorite MLM/HYIP, AutoSurf, Doubler, GPT(Get Paid To), or any Online Money Maker Program and get your Referral rights before anyone else.

Only 1 Referral link per program allowed. Come and CLAIM Your Favorite Program FIRST!

http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?t...makerforum.com

& Get ***** FREE BANNER IMPRESSIONS *****

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I got the exact same message - and now the question:

How do you report spam PMs when MSE Abuse Controller isn't accepting PMs or emails?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • chatta
    chatta Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I believe its spam, cheeky person knew they couldnt post it on main site......... I got one too and wont be looking at the link :mad:
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    copy and paste the whole pm including their username and email to [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

could just one person email abuse and post here to say they have done :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SmileBeHappy
    Options
    i got it also, i wanted to reply with abuse lol but didn't
  • iwanttosave_2
    Options
    I never get spam PMs :(
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I never get spam PMs :(
    they probably know you're too sensible to fall for it :D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    i got it and have reported it to abuse
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• msmicawber
    msmicawber Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I got it as well, and have also reported it.
    Debt at highest: £6,290.72 (14.2.1999)
    Debt free success date: 14.8.2006 :j
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    He is spamming people I been wacthing him now for 45 minutes or so I jsut had a bad feeling about this person, he has always PM people since before 7. He posted in freebies forum and I reporetd him, Please report this idiot to there host.

I didnt get one as I blocked him when I replied to his post soon after he psoted. I have since watched him in his profile PM people for almsot an hour now.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,278 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can we confirm the username, please? I've got one too, but mine is a bit different to that of the OP: I've been offered a free bottle of what looks like some dodgy health-food product. tmmf! Pardon me, that was a cough, honest. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure