PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shabby Chic; Volume III

Options

Comments

• debs154
    debs154 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Wow emma kate - thanks for the advice and the link - amazing stuff and love the cats!
  • Jemma91
    Options
    I want to paint a dressing table it may be wooden it most probably will be melamine. Is it best to use a paint brush or rollers?
    Im planning to paint it a glossy black if that makes a difference lol
  • emma_kate
    emma_kate Posts: 491 Forumite
    Options
    It's totally a matter of personal preference as to what you use. If you are going with a roller make sure it's a gloss (smooth) head though!
  • emma_kate
    emma_kate Posts: 491 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2012 at 4:24PM
    Options
    0065i.jpg

Before
    0152w.jpg

After. My latest creation with milk paint from Homestead House in Canada. You get an ultra chippy look.
    0073pm.jpg
    0182xk.jpg
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    Options
    fab, and I do love your blog ♥
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2012 at 1:28AM
    Options
    I'm thinking about painting the front frame of an old crt tv in chalk paint. Anyone seen anyone else do this, how did it wear when the tv warmed up? It's blackness is bugging me in the kitchen ...

cheers

edit - washed it down ready to chalk paint, then remembered tvs are a dirt magnet and decided against it :( Draped with a tea towel now.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive looked at esp primer but somewher on this thread somebody mentioned an alternative which is cheaper but I cant find the post. Does anyone know wht cheaper alternative to ESP is please? I want to paint a gold coloured mirror frame cream or maybe silver for the hall.
    xxp00
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    chalkysoil wrote: »
    I'm thinking about painting the front frame of an old crt tv in chalk paint. Anyone seen anyone else do this, how did it wear when the tv warmed up? It's blackness is bugging me in the kitchen ...

cheers

edit - washed it down ready to chalk paint, then remembered tvs are a dirt magnet and decided against it :( Draped with a tea towel now.

Ooh I don't know about painting a working tv. Perhaps google might come up with a solution?
  • pennib
    Options
    p00 wrote: »
    Ive looked at esp primer but somewher on this thread somebody mentioned an alternative which is cheaper but I cant find the post. Does anyone know wht cheaper alternative to ESP is please? I want to paint a gold coloured mirror frame cream or maybe silver for the hall.
    xxp00

I have used liquid sandpaper, is that what you mean? Easily available in diy stores.
  • pennib
    Options
    emma_kate wrote: »
    0065i.jpg

Before
    0152w.jpg

After. My latest creation with milk paint from Homestead House in Canada. You get an ultra chippy look.
    0073pm.jpg
    0182xk.jpg
    Great makeover Emma. I've never used that paint before. Do you think it will stand the test of time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport