We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

slow cooker quick questions thread

1…9293959798…167

Comments

  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    I was considering buying a SC BEFORE joining this forum/OS Board - what I read on here convinced me it would be a good purchase.

    Have to say, I've never regretted getting one - in fact I traded up to an even bigger one from my first :).
  • I'm dead excited have been reading the quick questions thread but will have a look at the complete collection too for ideas. Can't wait to do next week's meal plan now!
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    the very, very, bestest thing about them is that they're great for keeping mulled wine warm :T:T :D:D
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Chris25 wrote: »
    the very, very, bestest thing about them is that they're great for keeping mulled wine warm :T:T :D:D

    Hadn't thought of that one :rotfl:. Can't wait for Christmas Eve now - just the thing for coming home from Midnight Mass :beer:!
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    What are you planning to christen your slow cooker with? :D

    I think I did stew in mine. Mmm, stew :drool:
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • ooo i remember being in your shoes what ever you do if you use meat do it really long on slow and you`ll be rewarded!! remember not to keep opening the lid as this slows the cooking down lots,with my meat in for 9 hrs i stir twice and no more ooo best thing i ever bought,have fun!!:j
  • winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    Chris25 wrote: »
    the very, very, bestest thing about them is that they're great for keeping mulled wine warm :T:T :D:D

    what a fab idea.....roll on christmas:D
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    KatP wrote: »

    Trouble is I won't be able to try it out until sunday as by the time I get home from work tonight it will be too late and we're having a party tomorrow evening.

    So any tips for a newbie???
    COngratulations, I know how exciting it all is! I remember when I got mine. Dead exciting!

    Party tomoro night? What food are you serving? I would throw a chilli in it for cooking for tomorrow night, what better way to show case your new toy?! :rotfl:
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Enjoy it! I don't use mine as often as I should but the days I do, especially in the winter, it's just fab coming home knowing your dinner is all ready.
  • We have two slow cookers, especially for parties. One for the chilli, one for the curry and the veggie option goes in the oven.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.