Warning: Avoid Swipe Auctions (swipeauctions.com) Scam

Options
123457»

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Something tells me she wont be back Mothball mate, not since they got exposed and have since started trading under a new name in a vague attempt at still trying it on ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    marley - they should rename themselves to one of:

retards r us
    we love george bush
    enron
  • chrissy100
    chrissy100 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 December 2010 at 12:59AM
    Options
    Not sure if this will help, or if you already have this info, But I found this and spoke to another agent! Lets hope we can get our money back with this!

Go to this page for info......... http://swipeauctionsrefund.com/

Chat with a live agent from there too.

Below is the transcript of my conversation:

You are now chatting with 'Ashley#SA7978'

Ashley#SA7978: Thank you for visiting SwipeAuctions.com Livechat Line. Our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service while assisting you with any questions or concerns you may have. May we start with your name please?

Chrissy: Chrissy

Ashley#SA7978: I would be happy to assist you with your concern, so in order to pull up the details of your account; can you please provide me with your full name, e-mail address and zip code?

Chrissy: Christine - I am in the UK, my post code is (Removed for this post)

Ashley#SA7978: [FONT=&quot]SwipeAuctions is winding down operations due to merchant shutting down our processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, SwipeAuctions is unable to issue any refunds for membership fees (see the SwipeAuctions Terms & Conditions). During SwipeAuctions wind down period, all products corresponding to already paid winning auctions will be shipped in accordance with the Terms & Conditions.[/FONT]

Chrissy: I sent in a refund request form. I know that the form was recieved as I checked on the the tracking and it had been signed for. I amunable to call them now, to finalise the refund. What do I do now?

Ashley#SA7978: [FONT=&quot]We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced in obtaining your refund. Unfortunately, we have not been able to process the refund through our Merchant account since they have denied all refunds. We do however want to work together with you to obtain your refund. Kindly e-mail our support team at [/FONT][EMAIL="support@swipeauctions.com"][FONT=&quot]support@swipeauctions.com[/FONT][/EMAIL][FONT=&quot]. Please provide them with your name, email address, address, postal/zip code, and as much of your information as possible to assist them to locate your account. The Support Team will then provide you with a Release of Funds Authorization Form. This is the form you will need to provide to your Bank or CC Company to obtain a refund. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for response from our support team who will respond during the working hours of Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST.[/FONT]

Chrissy: Ok. I will do that. Thank for the information and your help.

Ashley#SA7978: Kindly e-mail our support team at [EMAIL="support@swipeauctions.com"]support@swipeauctions.com[/EMAIL].
    Ashley#SA7978: Provide them your full name, zip code and email id.

Chrissy: Thank you.

Ashley#SA7978: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

If anyone has aready sent their clam form off...... I have also put the Order number and user name in the email.

But send the email and see if we can get this other form. Like I said don't know if it will work, but anything is worth a try!!

Lets hope we can see some good news on here soon.
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2010 at 11:27PM
    Options
    chrissy100 wrote: »
    Not sure if this will help, or if you already have this info, But I found this and spoke to another agent! Lets hope we can get our money back with this!

Go to this page for info......... http://swipeauctionsrefund.com/

Chat with a live agent from there too.

Below is the transcript of my conversation:

You are now chatting with 'Ashley#SA7978'

Ashley#SA7978: Thank you for visiting SwipeAuctions.com Livechat Line. Our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service while assisting you with any questions or concerns you may have. May we start with your name please?

Chrissy: Chrissy

Ashley#SA7978: I would be happy to assist you with your concern, so in order to pull up the details of your account; can you please provide me with your full name, e-mail address and zip code?

Chrissy: Christine. I am in the UK, my post cose is

Ashley#SA7978: [FONT=&quot]SwipeAuctions is winding down operations due to merchant shutting down our processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, SwipeAuctions is unable to issue any refunds for membership fees (see the SwipeAuctions Terms & Conditions). During SwipeAuctions wind down period, all products corresponding to already paid winning auctions will be shipped in accordance with the Terms & Conditions.[/FONT]

Chrissy: I sent in a refund request form. I know that the form was recieved as I checked on the the tracking and it had been signed for. I amunable to call them now, to finalise the refund. What do I do now?

Ashley#SA7978: [FONT=&quot]We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced in obtaining your refund. Unfortunately, we have not been able to process the refund through our Merchant account since they have denied all refunds. We do however want to work together with you to obtain your refund. Kindly e-mail our support team at [/FONT][EMAIL="support@swipeauctions.com"][FONT=&quot]support@swipeauctions.com[/FONT][/EMAIL][FONT=&quot]. Please provide them with your name, email address, address, postal/zip code, and as much of your information as possible to assist them to locate your account. The Support Team will then provide you with a Release of Funds Authorization Form. This is the form you will need to provide to your Bank or CC Company to obtain a refund. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for response from our support team who will respond during the working hours of Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST.[/FONT]

Chrissy: Ok. I will do that. Thank for the information and your help.

Ashley#SA7978: Kindly e-mail our support team at [EMAIL="support@swipeauctions.com"]support@swipeauctions.com[/EMAIL].
    Ashley#SA7978: Provide them your full name, zip code and email id.

Chrissy: Thank you.

Ashley#SA7978: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

If anyone has aready sent their clam form off...... I have also put the Order number and user name in the email.

But send the email and see if we can get this other form. Like I said don't know if it will work, but anything is worth a try!!

Lets hope we can see some good news on here soon.
    Chrissy would suggest removing your postcode from the chat log above
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Suggest removing your email too!

As for a refund a better option may be to contact your bank rather than trying to jump through all the hoops that the scam wants you to.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • omen666
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chrissy100 wrote: »
    Thank you omen666. I didn't think about that..... I have removed it from mine..... can you take my post out of your's? lol
    lol, I know better than that. As Competitions says suggest removing your email and your name too.
  • chrissy100
    Options
    I have had a reply them, Below is a copy of the email. Plus there was a link to a form ready filled in with my details, for me to print off and take to my bank.

They replied very quickly with this form. So I suggest anyone who is looking for a refund, to email to the address mentioned in my post above.

Good luck. Will let you know how I get on.

Chrissy

Subject: Refund from SwipAuctions

Good Morning/Afternoon,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience as every possible effort to process the requested refund through our Merchant Account has failed. We had recently lost our Merchant Processing Provider, and furthermore are unable to electronically process any refunds.

Due to strict credit card regulations we have been prevented from issuing refunds by check. At this point, our only recommendation available is to have each consumer contact their bank directly and have their associated bank process the refund to their credit/and or debit card. Attached is a "Release of Authorization" Form that you may submit to your associated bank in requesting a refund on their end.

It has always been our intention to refund our valuable customers as per our Money Back Guarantee, but with the merchant account shutting down and not allowing us to refund, we are unable to assist consumers any further with a refund.

Our sincere apologies,

SwipeAuctions
  • chrissy100
    Options
    Thank you competioncafe, you are right about going to the bank. But least you can get the form from them first.
  • omen666
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your email address and First and surname still visible. Lets hope you get your cash back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure