Warning: Avoid Swipe Auctions (swipeauctions.com) Scam

Options

Comments

• competitionscafe
    Options
    losty wrote: »
    Hello there,
    I cancelled a few days after I joined as this looked suspicious and don't get a refund and I wasn't happy with the way this was setup. According to your terms I am eligible for refund and now your online assistant is saying that "It has always been our intention to refund our valuable customers as per our Money Back Guarantee, but with the merchant account shutting down and not allowing us to refund, we are unable to assist you any further with a refund."

What kind of business is this? Where is my refund.

Gerard

See this comment:

"FYI, I talked with the people at service alberta about my Swipe Actions Refund. They said that whether or not the merchant loses their credit card processor, Swipe Auctions apparently still must issue a refund as per "Fair Trading Act."
    - taken from:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/SwipeAuctions-reviews-refunds-safely

As Swipeauctions are now refusing all refunds (and apparently "Jennifer" is no longer replying to emails) your best bet is to contact your bank or credit card company and dispute the charges based on Swipeauctions failing to honour their own terms and conditions and not adhering to the laws of the country they operate from.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • MalGreen
    Options
    Have you ever tried to read terms and conditions before registration and giving number of your credit card? Swioe Auctions provides information about $159 fee and it is non-refundable. Sorry to hear that you wasted your money But I managed to win several items on this auction, maybe you also shpuld try. You can read about this auction on

swipeauctions.!!!!edconsumer :T
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    malgreen wrote: »
    have you ever tried to read terms and conditions before registration and giving number of your credit card? Swioe auctions provides information about $159 fee and it is non-refundable. Sorry to hear that you wasted your money but i managed to win several items on this auction, maybe you also shpuld try. You can read about this auction on

swipeauctions.!!!!edconsumer :t
    f___ o__!!!!!
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    MalGreen wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to read terms and conditions before registration and giving number of your credit card? Swioe Auctions provides information about $159 fee and it is non-refundable. Sorry to hear that you wasted your money But I managed to win several items on this auction, maybe you also shpuld try. You can read about this auction on

So you work for them and have won items. Theres a suprise LOL
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

As mentioned by Krucker you can email me your questions or concerns at the email above and I will gladly assist you. I will ensure a positive resolution.

Within your email please include your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post.

Regards,

Jennifer
    Head of Customer Service
    Please ask MSE permission before you post on behalf of a company.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Swipe Auctions has closed down but today I discovered that another very similar site may be about to launch called Sell Off Auctions (selloffauctions.net) Another one to stay clear of - in fact they may even be owned by the same person as Swipeauctions?

See:
    http://emailinternetscams.blogspot.com/2010/11/selloffauctions-are-they-affiliated.html
    http://www.eiscams.com/penny-auctions/selloffauctions-com-explain-swipeauctions-edgecast-account/

"Sell Off Auctions displays the following address: TRUE NET MEDIA LTD 72 HIGH STREET HASLEMERE SURREY GU 27 2LA The same address as Swipe Auctions Circle Media Bids LTD."
    http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2010/11/have-you-bid-on-selloffauctions-com-reviews/
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • scamwatcher_2
    Options
    BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

Swipeauctions dot com aka Swipebids dot com is now operating under new website.

Kindly pass this message around as it will save tons of people from getting scammed again by Jesse Willms.

Here's the new site - selloffauctions dot com
    Look at all the similarities and you will know.
    Try their online chat and you will know.

Above all, I am more than 100% sure that it is new venture of swipebids dot com / swipeauctions dot com
    My information comes from trusted source, someone very close to those guys.

Save yourself from another scam guys.
    swipeauctions.com is now selloffauctions dot com and they are BOTH scam as we know.

Regards,

Anonymous
  • chrissy100
    Options
    I have only just discovered this thread.....

I was charged $159 too, without my knowledge! I have downloaded, filled in and returned the refund request form. This was sent on the 19/10/10 and had to be signed for. The tracking shows they recieved it on the 1/11/10. But I was informed I had to wait at least 28 days and then phone them to confirm details.

I do not have a telephone number and I can no longer get onto the site to look for one.

From reading all the other posts. It looks like I am going to have to take this further.

The address I have is in the USA.

SwipeAuctions.com Refund Centre
    3140 S Peoria St. #K271,
    Aurora,
    CO 80014
    USA

I don't suppose anyone has a telephone number for them do they??

Chrissy
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    MalGreen wrote: »

I'm assuming English isn't your first language. I am assuming that you work for this organisation, which is why you are praising them so much.

Tell me, what does the "!!!!" in "!!!!edconsumer" stand for?
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

As mentioned by Krucker you can email me your questions or concerns at the email above and I will gladly assist you. I will ensure a positive resolution.

Within your email please include your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post.

Regards,

Jennifer
    Head of Customer Service
    Do you also want our banking access codes as well?

(Btw, you should really say "email address" rather than just "email" as the former's a noun and the latter's a verb. Just saying.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure