Would any of you go as far as to sneak drinks into a pub?

Options

Comments

• xzibit
    xzibit Posts: 655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep all the time!! I know it's tight, but I often take some cans of lager/cider to the pub, and hide em in the beer garden, buy a pint, drink that, and then go outside and top up the rest of the night. Or if i'm going somewhere that isn't possible, I either smuggle tiny bottles of vodka in with me, or bottles of drink in my pockets!!!
    Until they start charging realistic prices, I dont see me buying every drink in the pub.
  • kittykate_2
    Options
    I buy packs of shots from the supermarket and put them in my handbag. At the start of the night my bag is jam packed full of shots for me and my mate (who's a guy so he hasn't got an handbag to put his in), we buy drinks and sneak shots so we get peeeeed faster. I started this after it cost me abotu a fiver for a shot of aftershock one time. The shots I get cost about £2 for four.
    :A I love MSE!!! :A
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When we were staying at a hotel with rubbish beer last year we went down to the Coop and bought several bottles of nice ale. Bought one pint in the bar, then went upstairs to refill each time after that. Why pay silly money for rubbish beet/lager/spirits?
    Happy chappy
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    I often have a half bottle in my handbag :beer:
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Jamie85
    Options
    When we go out, before I leave I just drink a lot of straights, vodka or JD....it kicks in about 20 minutes later once we are there and I just buy very few drinks throughout the night to keep me topped up :D while my mates are all spending £30+
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ever wondered why most bar staff are on minimum wage...

Hope you never need to whinge about your job being outsourced (well it's all MSE so that's ok). No problems with the peeps who have a few before going out, but if you're using the facilities, pay the price!
  • sarahlouise210
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote:
    Ever wondered why most bar staff are on minimum wage...

Hope you never need to whinge about your job being outsourced (well it's all MSE so that's ok). No problems with the peeps who have a few before going out, but if you're using the facilities, pay the price!

Be under no illusions that if everyone "paid the price" then the bar staff would receive an increase in wages !!:rotfl: I take my own drinks wherever possible ..if "the price" was not so ridiculously overpriced then I would not have the inconvenience of carrying my own..but as it is then I will continue to do it. It especially hurts when you have to take the kids to a function where they drink constantly - 4 or so hours of this can really break the bank!
    I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Super - I wanna go out and !!!!!!!! to whoever is paying the rent, gas, rates, lekkie, staff etc.. If it's that over-priced why don't you just have a barbie/drinks at home?

ps the !!!! started out as B O L L O C K S!
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    I do this most times we go anywhere. If I didn't bring my own I wouldn't be able to afford to go out. I just take a empty plastic bottle with vodka or brandy in.
  • lisa_75
    lisa_75 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote:
    Super - I wanna go out and !!!!!!!! to whoever is paying the rent, gas, rates, lekkie, staff etc.. If it's that over-priced why don't you just have a barbie/drinks at home?

ps the !!!! started out as B O L L O C K S!

I agree. Someone is paying to run the bar, that is why the prices are so high. If you don't want to pay pub prices, stay at home. It is like taking a packed lunch into McDonalds!

If I am having a skint month I just take a tenner and make that last. You have to get pretty drunk to drink £30 worth of alcohol in a pub. Maybe if you spent more time chatting and enjoying yourself and less time trying to get as hammered as possible you would have a better time and spend less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure