We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…756757759761762…907

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    SS, does Molly have wellies?
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    No Tara, she has BabyShocks but no solid shoes :)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2010 at 5:00PM
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    No Tara, she has BabyShocks but no solid shoes :)

    How do they do then walking through leaves? Was thinking about getting Maddy wellies. She's still in cruisers.

    Edit, dinner time, back in a bit. X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • kitkat5566
    kitkat5566 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    I've heard this takeaway cookbook being mentioned lots, how good is it?! Is it the one on amazon that is just over £3?
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2010 at 4:46PM
    Tar,a Edgar has wellies, about £2 from sainsburys [LINK REMOVED]he walks ok in them, Chris's 1st pair of wellies were from asda and made from the foamy stuff like crocs, they were super lightweight and had flashing lights on the side but were about £7 I think they still do them just change the character each year
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Fine Tara but it's very dry outside. I'd let her do it if the leaves were wet but only if we were heading straight home.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Have this diary from my parents. Btw, MM showed me that site - blame her if you start browsing and it costs you a fortune! :p

    OMG, I want just about everything on that site! Eviiiiil.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Time for another break.. :D
    cazscoob wrote: »
    Hi Elle good to see you! hope your all good:)

    :hello: Yup, all's good here ta :) Rhys is a shouty, never-still monster as ever! :D

    State of the house is bugging me a lot though, hence today. It's still chaos but now more organised chaos :cool: I had a mountain of boxes to sort through for eBay, masses of paperwork and then all the already bought Christmas presents mingled together. Sorted into three separate areas now so at least it's more obvious what I have to do next. Really miss having a spare room I could just throw it all in :o

    Aiming to get house and Christmas presents sorted by end of November, but I might have to work four days a week through Nov/Dec so might not be quite so easy :cool:
    aless02 wrote: »
    OMG, I want just about everything on that site! Eviiiiil.

    Sorry! :o:p

    Hope you feel better soon Tara :)
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    Sorry not been around so having a major style catch up.

    Rmac – Not a magazine tester, just receiving lots of help and support for my current problems and my way of saying thank you is to cook up a batch of brownies. I am better for not having to cope with the rubbish work throw at me, just looking forward to it being over so I can find myself a better job. I am also a tester for CFR, thanks Aless.


    Signing – I used it with Katie once I realised she was going to be a late talker, we were also too cheap to pay for lessons so just used Mr Tumble. Her first sign was orange.

    Katie is currently on her toy phone talking to Father Christmas giving him her wish list – a scooter, Chuggington Trains, a dolls house and a picture of fairies.

    Katie has a feed in the morning (I have a date in mind when this will stop) never planned on feeding this long, but I’m sure it’s helped her become the independent little miss that she is :)


    Niceness - DH had to wait 12 months!

    Katie cuteness - singing random nursery rhymes, so far horsey horsey and baa baa black sheep. DH also informed me today that she likes to sing along to Paloma Faith New York

    DH has spent the last 3 hours trying to fixt the lights in the living room, we have 2 overhead lights, and the switch for one of them got stuck this morning and refused to switch off, so off we toddled to B&Q for a replacement switch, but as we rather quirky wiring it is taking him a while – at one point both switches were required to operate one light.

    Katie surprised us both at swimming and a proper dive from standing, without a belly flop, this is something that she hasn’t even been taught!

    Took Katie for McD’s for lunch, where she surprised the woman in front us be asking for carrot sticks, where on receipt of said carrots she ate the most I’ve ever seen her eat there, it seems that a pile of chips puts her off food, DH had the chicken selects and she “borrowed” he sour cream dip for her carrots.

    Cross stitch news, calling bird is complete I’m not 1/3 way through the partridge in the pear tree.


    Hugs to everyone.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Well, I managed to eat less than a quarter of dinnner and now have sulky DH, I tried.

    Thanks Sami, I could look on Tescos actually, think it's free delivery at the mo.

    Elle, it seems ages since I've crossed your path. Did read about Rhys's op though, was in Feb time? X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.