We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…727728730732733…907

Comments

  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Yay for David!!!! Yay for more sleep in the Hammy household! :T :T :T
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • MichelleM
    MichelleM Posts: 382 Forumite
    Thankyou ladies. :) I value your honest opinions.

    I will have to start doing some more research. Im not quite sure which meal(s) to begin with? I was thinking around tea time?? Or should I go with breakfast?

    Yay for hammy! Did you sleep through too or did you wake up to check why he hadnt woken too? :P
    First baby born 10/06/10
    :heartpuls 6lb 10z:heartpuls
    I love my little family
  • I started with teatime, simply because it was the least rushed mealtime, and then I went with breakfast quite quickly after that as that was when he seemed hungry...
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • MichelleM wrote: »
    Thankyou ladies. :) I value your honest opinions.

    I will have to start doing some more research. Im not quite sure which meal(s) to begin with? I was thinking around tea time?? Or should I go with breakfast?

    Yay for hammy! Did you sleep through too or did you wake up to check why he hadnt woken too? :P

    I started with lunch time just so I could see how he reacted to food without it causing too much trouble at bed time

    I have been awake since 4 but only cos I have been in pain - David is more than capable of letting me know he is awake so I don't bother worrying about him when he is asleep :D
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • Shamelessly posting a few pics:

    Ooo - a box!!
    44205_1613121857471_1519032901_31522582_7752022_n.jpg

    A giggling box!!
    46988_1613121737468_1519032901_31522581_947108_n.jpg

    BOOO!!!
    65212_1613121977474_1519032901_31522583_7950725_n.jpg
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • MFD - fantastic!!!!
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Michelle, we wonderede how Amber would take to signs since we use them with Chris. So far she looks at us like we are mad. I 'think' she is aware of the milk one, she will sometimes get excited but as she is really not fussed on milk at the moment it could just be random. So no signs back.

    Amber was given solids at 21 weeks. When I say given, I mean she shoved her hands into my cottage pie and started eating it. The boys were a lot younger. Tried Amber a few times on porridge before that but she wasn't bothered. I don't like the 6 month rule myself. Some babies will be happy to not have solids till after 6 months, some are wanting it at 4months. So long as it's over 17 weeks (which is the only thing they all agree on now) and they are eating rather than the food being forced in, it's all good. Each to their own.
  • very, very cute MFD :D
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :T Yay for David. Sorry you have been in pain Hammy. Hope you are ok?

    And happy birthday to csh's Kieren.

    It's mighty quiet on here. Where is everybody tonight?

    I fell asleep, on the couch this time, watching Law & Order. I don't seem to be able to watch the whole of an hour long program that starts at 9pm.

    SJ, I too had my own house, bought with an ex, we split, I got the house. Met OH, he moved in, then I sold it and bought another, sold that when we split. Rented for a few years. God knows where the cash from the house sale went...... Then we bought together 3 years ago. If i'd have stuck with the first house, i'd have paid about 14 years mortgage that was somewhere around £250 - £300 a month and much more affordable.

    But it's all ifs, but and maybes and hindsight is a wonderful thing......sigh
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Every time you lot talk about something it seems to happen for me LOL! after the talk of the signing classes last night i have recieved a letter asking me to start in November!!!

    I am definatly buying a lottery ticket this week after you all talking about winning :D

    I think each baby is different and will need to be started on solids at different times, its like saying at 3 months every baby should be in 3-6 months clothes when some will be ready and some wont? my bigger ones were weaned earlier as that is what i was told to do? the little ones were given solids when i felt they were ready.

    i am bored, the weather is misrable and i dont feel like doing housework. Have reserved some toys at argos so can pick them up when Oh gets home. just got a top i won on ebay and it smells? whats everyones plans for today/weekend?
    What's for you won't go past you
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.