We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…722723725727728…907

Comments

  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I know... i feel all sad and lonely...

    really i *should* go to bed.....i feel so sick... have done for 3 days...
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I'm here but lurking around, mainly on DFW. I don't want to add up my debt but feel I might have to soon, and SERIOUSLY work on reducing it :o I don't do too badly I don't think, and I'm certainly better than I used to be, but I could do better.
  • I'm here - I'm just trying to catch up on some comping....
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    :jIn better news, the phone has just rung and it was the bank telling us that the mortgage has been approved! :j

    Yay :j

    *hugs* to the whingy babies and hope they feel better soon xx

    I've had problems all my life with my name. Everyone always asks "is that with one b and two c's?" or similar for my first name. My middle name is Ann so I always get "with or without an e?" Then I had an unusual maiden surname that nobody could spell either. I was pleased when I married and got a common name :D

    Been to boot camp this evening and my new trainers were brilliant. Got filthy as the field is thick of mud and we had to lay down in it and do abdominal crunches and leg raises.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm doing my tesco shop.
  • I'm here on and off....I was doing a shop to be delivered tomorrow in the hope that SIL's place in Wales would be available for us to nab a few nights away. But it isn't :( and I can't seem to find a suitable alternative. So it looks like we are staying here for the weekend :(



    BAH!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm now looking at more Uni courses. But there is only 1 that is near by that I'm interested in. So do I just pay the £11 and apply for 1, or do I apply for a few others in Glasgow and pay the £21 and hopefully I will get into atleast 1?

    So angry, fancy new Uni and it's all poncy drama and arts. Or nursing. Or tourism. I can't even get to Dumfries and do Vet nursing.
  • In good news I have just booked tickets for hubby and I to go and see Issy Suttie in Dobby in the Peep Show and I went to school with her :T:T:T


    Hope she is good :D
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Ea was Von-Doom your birth surname or did you change it? I'm dead nosey
    I changed it by deed poll 2 years ago, it was Dine. Nothing bad about my old surname, i just fancied a change and had a spare £35 :D

    Me changing my name caused my extended family on my mums side to hate me. They said i was betraying my nan (who was dead)
    I just said, well her surname was Jack, i got the dine name from my grandad who is nothing to do with any of you.

    They also hate Felix because he told them to leave me alone when i was crying about them having a go at me.
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I used to be ok, had a really[strike] common [/strike] popular surname to go with my [strike] common [/strike] popular first name, now it's a name I'd never even heard until I met my DH, and although it's actually pretty easy to spell - spell it exactly as you say it - people always ask.

    I just worked out our combined debts _pale_
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.