We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…715716718720721…907

Comments

  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    3onitsway wrote: »

    We've taken a break from cleaning L's swamp. It's now at the stage where it looks worse before it gets better. She's a manky mare and she needs a bedroom twice the size of this house to contain all of her crap.


    I tackled Joes room last night! I walked in and was major :mad:. I also had help (or more like destruction) from Alex. Three bin bags of carp. And I've not yet done the wardrobe. He is a serious minger :eek:
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2010 at 1:38PM
    3onitsway wrote: »
    It does work for thousands, honest. :p But they're not on here or in the mail complaining. :D

    Your OH hasn't lost his job due to his latest saga has he?

    I had a random out of the blue phonecall from them yesterday. During the security questions bit:
    Them: Can you tell me oldests name and dob?
    Me: J and date.
    Them: Can you tell me how and when we normally pay you?
    Me: No because i've never been paid.
    Them: Oh, right. :p

    But at least it proves staff don't get preferential treatment! :rotfl:


    We've taken a break from cleaning L's swamp. It's now at the stage where it looks worse before it gets better. She's a manky mare and she needs a bedroom twice the size of this house to contain all of her crap.
    I asked his mam the other day about his job and she said he was off sick so i don't think it's that. Also, the saga only began last week and i highly doubt the CSA are that fast :p

    Muppettes :(

    The letter says if i believe otherwise i can ring them, but that i must have proof. Well how can i prove it? Surely they should be forcing him to prove he's NOT in work :mad:

    Is it at all possible that his work have lied to them? Because he's pretty friendly with his boss. I'm guessing that wouldn't be legal at all though, and that they wouldn't risk that.
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I deal with that by never being properly visitor tidy - I go with "wouldn't die of embarrassment if visitor came" and apologise for the mess.

    That seller's taking the pee a bit! Have you checked couriers? I use Interparcel for a bunch of quotes :)
    I would die if people called round unannounced... I need to have noticed of at least 15mins to do a mad dash shoving crap out of sight...

    Thanks for the link, I shall investigate... As of yet I've done nothing about getting quotes because that would involve having to weigh and measure the boxes... And that's just effort...
    cazscoob wrote: »
    krystal what happend with the pram i must have missed that??
    I bought a pushchair that was listed on eBay in excellent condition... When it arrived it was in very poor, and very dirty condition... And whiffed... I am waiting for a paypal refund to clear so I can send it back...

    Caitlyn and I fell out this morning... I went for a wee and when I came back downstairs she'd climbed onto the unit underneath the window and pulled my vase of anniversary flowers over tipping water all over my netbook and the new unit with new suedey boxes inside it... She then fell asleep on me for the first time in months... Which was quite handy because it meant I could go and build the new chest of drawers in her bedroom without disturbing her nap, or having her round me being a PITA...

    Dishwasher has come too... It's sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor and I am resisting the urge to just plumb it in myself because it's mans work... And D decided last night he should really make an effort to do the mans work instead of leaving it to me like he usually does... I give it a week...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I have a whingy pain in the !!! baby today, does anyone want him????

    Som - I know I cant believe how quick my holidays went!!! too fast!! have some lovely pics of e in the pool I will post when OH returns with camera
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Things are very tense in the Redstar household. Mortgage adviser rang yesterday to say that the underwriter has 'several concerns'. Tried to answer them as best I could, but I'm now waiting very anxiously and have everything crossed that they are going to grant us the mortgage.

    Hope you get the decision you want xx
    SugarSpun wrote: »

    I only put stuff back on the shelves when Molly's asleep. The period where the living room is for adults and things are in their places soothes my Type A soul enough that I manage not to bite through my lips when she pulls them all down again in the morning.

    I like the sitting room tidy every night and no sign of toys or books. Sitting rooms are for adults when the children are asleep.
    JAM1376 wrote: »
    Quick sneaky post from boring work...

    Hi all, waterporoofs - all in one or seperate? Fleece lined or not? Any opinions?

    Seperates - you get more wear as you can wear just the jacket in light showers and both if it's lashing it down.

    Not fleece lined then you can use them all year round. Get a slightly bigger size so you can add a fleece or wear them over other layers in the winter.
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    My double ear infection has now somehow got into my mouth and my gums are swollen. I also have those sore bits on the roof of my mouth too and a clicky jaw. So I can't eat very well becuase it feels like tooth ache on every tooth!

    That sounds really nasty. Hope you can get some rest today and hope you feel better soon xx

    Went to the running shop. Had to take my boots and socks off and roll my trouser legs up so the man could watch me jogging round the shop in bare feet :o Anyway he recommended these and I love them:
    http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=40889&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1
    They feel so much more comfy and I feel really light and bouncy in them. Taking the dogs out in a minute, so I'm going to test them :D
    Here I go again on my own....
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Well. I stand corrected. He has indeed lost his job.

    Funny how the CSA take days to announce i'm getting eff all, after being "unable to contact him" for the past 9 months.
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I am so !!!!ed off right now, oh is out playing with his friend has been since half 9 (he didn't get up till 9) and i text him at quarter to two saying i would really like it if he came home soon cos e is being a pain and we have unpacking to do etc and im not getting any of it done cos e is being so whingy

    So I ended up just ringing him cos he hadn't replied and i said will u be home soon he asked the tome and then said i won't be home anytime soon!!!!!! Then he said what difference will it make me being there if e is whingy i can't stop him. Well how about u would just be here to support me u fucj, I am so angry right now so so angry
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    i would be mortified to send a dirty buggy!!! i always have them striped, washed and the frame and wheels all cleaned! what buggy did you buy? i thought you loved yours or are you addicted lol!!!

    Tia hope you get well soon :( its no fun being ill and a mummy. At least you can rest whilst A is at nursery having fun!

    Beenie my sister has given up with the CSA and now gets her ex to pay direct to her, it was taking my sister to phone them every day for them to put the money in her account and they were holding it for a month at a time for no reason. Her ex had it taken straight from his pay so she would have it and not have hassel PMSL!

    What bed have you picked RMAC?
    What's for you won't go past you
  • 3onitsway wrote: »
    MFD V is always taking her shoes & socks off to change into her Crocs. They must be really comfy! If theres a 50/50 chance of getting them on the right feet, why are they on the wrong feet 99% of the time?

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    On Monday the crocs went with us to the CM! He was wearing his normal shoes but there was no way he was letting go of the crocs so I let him take them. Apparently he played with them all day!

    I love them because hubby and I bought them when we were in Maui on honeymoon for my youngest nephew who loved to play with them and 4 years later they are back with our son who is obsessed with them too :D


    Has everyone else heard that it is supposed to be beautiful weather this weekend? We are going to see if we can sneak off to Wales for the weekend.


    Tidying away - we have a bay window but the floor length curtains don't go into the bay, they go straight across to make the room square...every evening when I put Benjamin to bed hubby tidies up all the toys and sticks them in the bay and closes the curtains so we have a toy free living room :D



    Kindof - ((HUGS)) hun, sounds like your OH needs reminding he has a family now :(
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am so !!!!ed off right now, oh is out playing with his friend has been since half 9 (he didn't get up till 9) and i text him at quarter to two saying i would really like it if he came home soon cos e is being a pain and we have unpacking to do etc and im not getting any of it done cos e is being so whingy

    So I ended up just ringing him cos he hadn't replied and i said will u be home soon he asked the tome and then said i won't be home anytime soon!!!!!! Then he said what difference will it make me being there if e is whingy i can't stop him. Well how about u would just be here to support me u fucj, I am so angry right now so so angry

    DH did that to me while we were on holiday and Amber was poorly. We had a MASSIVE bust up.

    They just don't get it that we need support. It won't make a difference to E if he is there but it will to you. They can't just come along and enjoy the good things and leave us to deal with all the !!!!. And you know fine well that if you were out he would be calling you demanding you come home.

    My DH did eventually say sorry and start to understand but that was only after he realised that we would be going home and he would be leaving. It was that bad. But he had claimed not to have gotten texts due to where he was and I was later told that he did get them and ignored them.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.