We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…485486488490491…907

Comments

  • SS where are you collecting your amazon vouchers from - I just noticed in your sig. Is it just SB/BP, or are you doing surveys and things too?
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Speaking of BP, I still can't verify my mobile so can't submit any redeems at the mo. I hope it gets fixed soon. We will be able to sit around on the 7th and moan about it!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Dooyoo and BP ladybird :)

    Edit: but that includes £10 from BP that I thought I'd redeemed but haven't had :mad: so it's really £30
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Becles, are you getting things wrong or do you just think you are?

    I don't know. Just feel whatever I do isn't good enough and feel really unappreciated at home.

    Had a panic attack earlier and now I'm really angry with myself. I can normally control them and fight them, but this one took control and I feel like I've let myself down now.

    Kindof - I've had battles with my parents over stuff with Charlotte. They do weird clothes changing things and go against my wishes. I've learned to ignore some things and just pick battles with things that cause huge problems, like filling her full of sugar and crap just before I got her back so I kept ending up with a hyper child who ran if off then crashed into tantrums every afternoon.

    *hugs* to everyone else having a rough day xx

    *hugs* Gill. That sounds awful. Hope your friend and baby are ok xx

    Molly is cute SS xx
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Gill, I think the only thing you can do in a situation like that is to let your friend know that you are always there for her no matter what happens... Avoid bad mouthing him, or voicing doubts over him to her as that will make her feel like she needs to take sides, but if she knows she can turn to you in a crisis then it gives her a small ray of sunshine. :)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    :grouphug: and thank you Becles. FWIW, I think you're a marvel.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    *hugs* Gill about your friend.

    *hugs* Becles for panics :(.

    SS, brilliant videos. Molly is very clever and adorable. I'm glad ladybird asked about the abundance of legs, as I was going to post the same question!

    Stupid poopy boiler is not working, so it's pretty cold in here. I know exactly what's wrong with it, but idiot people somewhere along the line have put this faux tile panel blocking access to pipe bit underneath - I am not about to go ripping it off and risk getting in trouble. Rather make the landlord pay for gas man to come out for the sole purpose of turning a simple valve to up the pressure.

    Going to go get warm under bed covers now.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Aless, that's what the landlord is for!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    Gill, that's an awful situation for both of you. I hope it's something that can be resolved (hopefully by nasty man falling off edge of the earth)

    SS, Molly is very cute and clever!

    Em, that mega sucks about no choccie :(

    :jCAFC for your new pram, but :eek: at gun toting baby Landen!

    Becles *hugs*. You haven't let yourself down at all, but it sounds like you have a lot on at the moment.


    I haven't got a single person who could be entrusted with madam for more than maybe 30min, even if she wasn't BF. My mum, who I would trust totally is overseas, OH mum too old and blind, and even OH doesn't want his sisters to have her for any length of time.

    We get along with 2 of them, but their parenting styles are really less than good. Today, his sister and neice were trying to tell me Sophie wasn't hungry, she was being a drama queen, and wouldn't have it I knew the difference :mad::mad::mad:

    :heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010







  • kindof, my mil is exactly the same, i'll take jack round complete with outfit for the morning, obviously there is something seriously wrong with my choice in clothes as she will always magic some other outfit from somewhere, i actually think she's been to tescos at like 2am to buy him something 'more suitable', drives me up the wall, but i just smile and say thanks as its easier and if i giver her that she might let me have my own way on something else.

    hugs to becles and gill and anyone else who just wants one :grouphug:

    i think dd has conjunctivitis, her left eye is all gunky and she couldn't open it earlier when she woke up:(
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.