We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…471472474476477…907

Comments

  • I totally agree with mfd on dropping the subject, i think this whole dining table thing had been drawn out too long and blown out of proportion, let's all remember we a different people and are going to do different thing with our children,
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I have to say I took the 'climbing is unacceptable' comment the same way as MFD, but was clearly nowhere near as upset about it. I felt as if I was being told my parenting style is unacceptable cos my son is a climber, when really its nothing to do with parenting styles - some kids are inclined to climb and some arent, and some will be obedient when told not to and some wont. Every family is different!
    The only reason I have a problem with the climbing is that its potentially dangerous. I am of the school of thought that when he falls off he will learn it hurts, but again thats not everyones cup of tea!

    MFD, please dont lose any more sleep over this, B is a beautiful happy and well developed boy, and in your words its only a problem if you have a problem with it.
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • Wanders in.......looks round.......thinks !!!!!!........and floats off on her cloud....... Will come back later, when hopefully the fluff has too......
  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    Yikes, I'm not getting into the table debate! I'd be worried from a safety angle though as my uncle wound up with a blood clot on the brain from falling off a table at a similar age :(

    Kindof, how's E feeling, is he still snuffly?

    SS, :rotfl:at your dream. OH mum gets the Daily Mail, which is always good for a laugh.

    Bruno, glad you had a better night. Sometimes a bit a subterfuge is a good thing, and E must've felt happier thinking you were just working.

    :heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010







  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I want to say again at this point that I love that everyone does stuff differently and I also love hearing about people's reasons for why they do stuff. Some people do stuff I wouldn't, some people do stuff I wish I could, and everyone loves their kids and wants to do the best they can for them and does it in their own ways. And that is awesome.

    Also, :j for Bruno's better night. Are you planning to disappear every bedtime?

    Bexta, I can't read the Daily Mail, it makes me seethe just from the smugness that emanates off the pages.

    Argh, I made six pots of jam yesterday and only one sealed, I was going to just reboil them but Husband wanted to test out the pressure cooker for sealing them. I now have three pots of jam and a sticky kitchen :o
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Morning (still) all. I've had to have lunch already, seeing as I've been up for so long. Izzy told me she wanted hers, but is now climbing on the arm of the chair (there is a table next to it the other side!) and pretending to eat her pretend plastic food instead. and force feeding me with it too. Yummy!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Becles wrote: »
    Have you got an out of hours service? Our doctors has a number for the clinic at the hospital on their answerphone and you can ring and see them on weekends. Or maybe an NHS walk in centre? You really need to be seen as it sounds like you need antibiotics or something.

    Busy day today with some audio typing and a spreadsheet to finish for work and the usual housework to do.
    Yeah we have a walk in centre but i cba to go sit amongst the chavs waiting for their morning after pills, for 3 hours with the kids in tow :eek: That would be even less fun than being here ill :o

    And btw Becles in case no one told you, it's Sunday today so i think you should chillax :cool::D:p
    3onitsway wrote: »
    Beenie My throat infection a couple of weeks ago had ming lumps on my tongue & throat, made me totally wiped out, occasionally faint and puking. Please go and get yourself some antibiotics.

    Ooh that's good to know that you had the lumps too i was starting to think i was a proper minger. I even thought i might be allergic to the diff flavour Listerine i bought the other day, cos i've never had lumps on the back of the tongue before._pale_ Really hurts though :(

    I get tonsillitis fairly often but this is different. My doc always gives me post-dated prescriptions too, for like 10 days time when it'll have cleared up on it's own... But not before i've written a will out thinking i'm actually dying :rotfl:
  • I'm looking at trike for Elliot for Christmas, there is so much to choose from, I am currently looking at the smart trike deluxe in green, hmmm decisions
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • We dont even have a table :o

    And if we did i sure as hell wouldn't let Lily on it. As soon as she's on anything that has height she crawls to the edge and trys to jump off! :rotfl:

    We think she has a cold again, she's all blocked up and couldn't sleep again last night. She sneezed earlier and the longest bit of snot flew out and hung there _pale_

    That Yoga video was sooo funny! I thought that it would be the woman falling on the baby, i didn't expect that! :rotfl:

    Kindof, i was going to get Lily one of them trikes but DH has said no as he thinks she wont ever use it :(
  • dt1_2
    dt1_2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    I'm looking at trike for Elliot for Christmas, there is so much to choose from, I am currently looking at the smart trike deluxe in green, hmmm decisions

    Oscar has the smart trike recline, he loves it and it is easy to push.

    Well DS1 has a job interview today, wife is sending him texts ''i miss you, i still love you kind of thing.
    DS1 1989 - DD 1994 - DS2 -2009
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.