We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…470471473475476…907

Comments

  • Morning all. We've been up for hours here. Izzy woke up coughing at half five and told me she was sore (not sure if she meant her ear or that she had a headache?) and wouldn't go back to bed, but wanted to go in her buggy, so we've been for a nice walk around the housing estate, and went to look at the motorway. There isn't much to do round here at 6am on a Sunday morning :rotfl:.

    The wedding was fab last night, except the groom had to go home because he had food poisoning :eek:. Luckily they had actually got married on holiday, so this was just the reception on its own, but still. Poor old bride had to have her first dance with her dad, and do the the speach herself. :(

    We are stripping off action man at the moment. She is getting very cross that his shoes are attached to him.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2010 at 8:18AM
    Morning all!

    I had the weirdest dreams last night, one was like a nightmare about Guardian readers* - I was watching a documentary about this middle class couple who invited two other couples over hoping for an orgy and the two invited couples were making these hilarious middle class excuses not to join in. It was so very very weird.

    *I mean no offence and read the Guardian myself but have strong prejudices against some readers based on the comments they leave on articles.

    I'd planned to head over to the Oktoberfest party today, lots of my friends are going, but it would require getting out of my jammies so I won't.

    Beenie, I've been trying not to be as bossy as I normally am but can't resist: go see a doctor, lovely, please.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    morning all

    quietly sneaking on whilst DH is walking the dog and pre bubba feed....

    Wont be on for much of the day I imagine, so apologies in advance if i dont get back to anyone today about Secret Santa....Please remember your PM's people!!!! LOL Ok tour guide leader moment over...

    im off to check whats occuring on ebay.... :)
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    OMB i just watched the hangover it was soooooo funny

    I've taped that but I've not watched it yet.

    Well when I say taped, I mean I recorded it on the Sky box. The boys laugh at me for saying I taped things :o
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Didn't get to see a doc cos they were full and i didn't push for one but i wish i did :( Got big ming lumps in my throat and on back of my tongue. No more puking today but still crappy :(

    Have you got an out of hours service? Our doctors has a number for the clinic at the hospital on their answerphone and you can ring and see them on weekends. Or maybe an NHS walk in centre? You really need to be seen as it sounds like you need antibiotics or something.

    Not sure why people are talking about children climbing on dining tables. Must have missed the original post. None of mine were ever allowed to climb on the dining table or any other furniture. I've always told them it shows a lack of respect for my belongings. That goes for the dogs too. They're not allowed on any furniture at all. Jack keeps getting into trouble for jumping on Charlotte's bed then climbing up onto her windowsill so he can watch what is going on in the street.

    Busy day today with some audio typing and a spreadsheet to finish for work and the usual housework to do.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    BrunoM wrote: »
    Much better night here - due to subterfuge more than anything else, 15 mins before bedtime I told Elijah I was going to work and went and hid in the spare room. Then he settled completely happily first time for OH :angry: cheeky little monkey.

    :T for your better night Bruno. But :rotfl:at you hiding in the spare room. Cheeky E.

    Ladybird How awful for the groom :( and the bride too.

    SS :eek: for your very bizarre dream!

    Beenie My throat infection a couple of weeks ago had ming lumps on my tongue & throat, made me totally wiped out, occasionally faint and puking. Please go and get yourself some antibiotics.
    :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Becles wrote: »
    .

    Not sure why people are talking about children climbing on dining tables. Must have missed the original post. None of mine were ever allowed to climb on the dining table or any other furniture. I've always told them it shows a lack of respect for my belongings. That goes for the dogs too. They're not allowed on any furniture at all. Jack keeps getting into trouble for jumping on Charlotte's bed then climbing up onto her windowsill so he can watch what is going on in the street.

    Pretty much the same in here.. anything on the table is free game for eating.. cats learn quick!!

    I have had a climber though and once found her atop a 6ft high shelf unit.. she was 14 months old, teeny tiny (weighed 16lb) and was wearing nothing but her nappy.. which was more than she usually wore! It took me half an hour to find her.. I have a pic somewhere.. she was a nightmare.

    She learned to walk 6 weeks later!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Becles I just commented yesterday morning that i'd had to get V down from the table a billion times - I have a climber! The climbing isn't so much the problem for me, it's that she'll think climbing is ok if I leave the room and i'm not there to catch her!

    Our dog gets told off for jumping on J's bed to look out of the window and snarl at the cats. Although if he's outside and sees a cat in RL he's scared of them. :rotfl:

    Pigpen :eek:at your baby on top of the shelves! Is she still a climber?
    :beer:
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Molly isn't a climber except onto the sofa, but I wouldn't let her climb on the dining table - she doesn't know the difference between our table at home and a table in a restaurant or at someone else's home and I don't want her climbing on those. Besides, it's a long fall onto hardwood floor from ours and I don't want to have to wipe it down all the time :o

    Other people can do what they want with their own tables and their own babies, but my preference is to keep my baby - and other people's - off mine :)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Benjamin uses our dining table to draw, when he does so he climbs onto the table, where I, his mother, put his drawing things for him to play with. We eat there pretty much every day, I wipe it down before we eat, he knows the difference between being at home and being elsewhere, he is not being disrespectful or standing up or walking around he is drawing or playing. He is most certainly not doing anything 'unacceptable', nobody said anything about a climbing frame and I have clearly taken offence at Sami's comments that it is unacceptable and that I should be telling the poor boy off for it.

    Can this be an end to it please? Can we at least remember that we are all parents trying to do our best and criticising others actually causes them to be upset.

    That is one sleepless night I did not need.
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    MFD I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry - you do your own stuff with your own baby and I don't think you should change the way you parent Benjamin because other people do things differently.

    Is everything ok otherwise, lovely? Not necessarily doing the same stuff as others and not worrying about it is a lesson I learned from you and I'm :o and :( that you're upset when it seems that another day it might not be upsetting to you.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.