We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…278279281283284…907

Comments

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Big hugs Susan xxx
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Aww Alice is so sweet. :grouphug: Hugs for both of you.
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    I had "dust" in my eyes earlier. After we'd done our Bible studies this morning, Alice prayed and she said, "Dear Lord God, thank you for the Bible and for all the things and the clock and please help me to get a baby."

    :A Alice :A

    I've accepted the job offer and start 6 October. :(

    Off to visit a nursery in a minute and have a meeting with a CM tomorrow morning. :(

    Then going on a cleaning rampage this afternoon. I WILL not live in filth, I WILL make something yummy and thoughtful for dinner, I WILL stop falling behind on keeping house tidy!!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Happy Birthday Kian, Charlotte, Reece and Elliott!
    Just reading back, what a lovely post JAM! Hope you have a good trip.
    Tara - I think I was 10 when I had my first time (I was definitely at primary school still) and I think my mum found it harder than I did. Other than finding it initially uncomfortable and embarrassing - mainly because sanitary towels were so bulky! - I really wasn't sure what the fuss was about. For some reason, I didn't have another period after that for nearly a year I think!
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Happy birthday to all the babies!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • Susan - Alice sounds lovely.
    Forgot to mention that a lovely woman on Freecycle gave me a slow cooker yesterday, so now I need to find some decent recipes to do with it!
    I LOVE our breadmaker, it makes me feel almost domestic when I'm using it :) I say 'almost', because then I look round and remember what a mess the house is currently in! Me thinks I need someone else to arrange to come and view the house to make me get my backside in gear...
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    aless02 wrote: »
    I've accepted the job offer and start 6 October. :(
    I'm not sure whether congratulations is the right word so consider me to have said whatever would be the right word. Presumably it is better than if you went back to your old job?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Kindof - I just wanted to add, please don't worry about E's development. I think those emails are designed to make us feel crap. Amelie took what seemed like ages to sit up and to crawl - but she went straight into walking at about 9 months! By the time they go to school (if not ages before) they tend to all have caught up and you'll have no idea which children took forever to talk or crawl or walk, because it has no lasting effect.
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • Happy birthday to all the babies! :D
    Also..........

    People can feel their cervix? I am so naive :rotfl:

    I cant find mine *wails* :rotfl:

    I even tried googleing a tutorial, but found nothing :(
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    I am wondering about the mooncups coming in different sizes. And how would you know which size you are? Is it like girth in cm, or like, 'virgin' 'had 12 kids' 'extra loose'...???

    :rotfl::rotfl:!!
    Feel like a failure

    All the emails I get updating me on what E should be doing upset me, he excels in some things, but cant do other things, like he cant sit up on his own which apparantly he should be able to do :(

    Dont feel like a faliure! Lily is older than E and she cant sit up on her own either, she manages about a minute when she's in the mood. Otherwise she just falls.

    E also did alot of things before Lily did, they all grow at there own pace :D


    Morning everyone. I am so very tired but i woke up to hear Lily 'talking' :smileyhea
    She babbles on and on until she runs out of breath and then just opens and closes her mouth :)
    Most of her babble is her saying "Dadadadada" though, humph. :rotfl:
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forgot to mention that a lovely woman on Freecycle gave me a slow cooker yesterday, so now I need to find some decent recipes to do with it!
    You can do any all in one dishes in the slow cooker - you may want to brown onions/meat first and you need to put less liquid in. I always cook joints in the slow cooker as it makes them nice and juicy (and you can then use it to make stock frm the bones afterwards). You can make yoghurt and bread but bread isn't worth it unless you've got no oven.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.