We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…254255257259260…907

Comments

  • Hi DIT!!

    I cross posted with you last night and didn't welcome you in!

    Welcome!

    How is the big LO and how is the bump doing?

    MFD xx

    Hi MFD and everyone who has made me feel very welcome here :hello:

    DS is good teething at the mo but he is good and bump is kicking like there is no tomorrow :rotfl: Im not too bad today until now I have plagued with horrific vomiting headaches and just feeling generally like poo I pray this phase is passing:eek:
    :j Where there is a will there is a way - there is a way and I will find it :j
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Can I ask a boobies question please? One of mine has a sore patch, it's quite solid just on the right side of the boob. I'm not feeling ill or feverish and it isn't red. Blocked duct? Anything else it could be?
    I would guess it was a blocked duct. Do you feel kind of "full" in that bit?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2010 at 12:30PM
    Hi DIT and welcome.

    SS Could you get a nice warm shower when you're home and massage the sore boobie to clear the blockage, if it is a blockage?

    I chickend out of getting my hair cut short - hairdresser said to wait til she next comes to do my roots, by then i'll know if it really was just a whim.

    Off to Asda shortly to do some child free shopping.
    :beer:
  • Anyone ever used flower dlievery company? any good suggestions? my mam is feeling low and I want to get some flowers sent to her

    The only problem is it will have to be on sat cos she is at work the rest of the time, and i want to cheer her up now, any other ideas?
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Makes me :(, but a little bit :rotfl:at the thought of Joe having to :j to get his things and no one has even helped him, or thought to move his locker. Why do you have to point things out to them, when the kids have already mentioned it but been ignored?
    That is very sad if not even other children helped him. When I was in Year one I couldn't reach the reading books I was on (because I was ahead so was on older books - not because the school had a stupid system) so I used to jump up and down in the corridor where they were kept until a passing teacher or older child offered to get a book down for me. Some of them would even ask me which book I wanted rather than just picking one at random for me.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Anyone ever used flower dlievery company? any good suggestions? my mam is feeling low and I want to get some flowers sent to her

    The only problem is it will have to be on sat cos she is at work the rest of the time, and i want to cheer her up now, any other ideas?

    Kindof - can you not send them to her work?
    I've used a company based in Jersey before (strange, but better value) - I'll see if I can find their details...
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • thanks redstar, I think she would get really embarrased if i sent them to work
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • hmm, just searched but I can't remember which company I used.
    It may have been one of these;
    http://www.flowersbypost.com/
    http://www.flyingflowers.co.uk/
    I'm really sorry I can't remember :(

    They both look quite expensive and I'm sure they were cheaper than that, but it was a while ago now....
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Although, nobody had a helmet when I was a kid and there are still a fair few of us around ;)
    A lad in my swimming club had an accident on his bike the day before his GCSEs. He usually wore a helmet but didn't because it was an unusually hot day. Apparently he had to flap his scalp back onto his head. (Whited out so people can choose whether to read it.) He had to have a scribe for all his GCSEs.

    We got helmets after I went over the handlebars of my bike and skidded along the road on my face. (Which probably sounds worse than it was.) I had two falls since then but unlike the first fall where a random stranger had to give me a lift home, I was able to continue which in at least one of them I'm sure I couldn't have if I hadn't had a helmet.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Its ok dont worry :) thanks for the links
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.