Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing better at the moment and you sound like you deserved it. 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks debtfree, it really does re-energise me.

Hoping to continue with the garden productivity today but inside until the sun comes out! Going to get on with my seeds whilst pottering. Washing machine is on and hoping to line dry bedding today, it's so much easier not having washing around the house and the dining room is needed for planting now so no room for the airer! 

Not forgetting the mortgage during this spendy (for us) week and have sent a 50p Tilly tidy. I can't wait to secure that new rate and shave lots of rows off my spreadsheet! I'm just wondering how far I can push it with the term reduction, 
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Good afternoon, having another productive day - supposed to be a day off! Have cleaned and hoovered my car, weeded the front drive and area at side of the house so that's looking tidier. I've also moved some planters around to the front of the house and sprinkled some seeds that probably should have gone in the bin (several years past their use-by date!) in the borders. Not holding out much hope but it will be a pleasant surprise if they actually grow. Am peeking at my seeds in the dining room a couple of times a day willing them to grow! Back patio weeded and brushed and I've also weeded the rockery. I always seem to have a need to tidy up the garden before stormy weather is forecast but at least it's done now and hopefully be springing into life over the next few weeks.

5p sent to mortgage - keep on plodding.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Keep on plodding!
  • CathT
    edited 25 March 2021 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Not much to report and not much money saving happening. I was hoping for a low spend week as last week was a little spendy (for us). However needed some repairs done to windows as the handles were faulty and it was a job that couldn't wait so that's £80 spent. The end date for clearing the patio furniture off the cc is getting further and further away. 

Have overpaid £35 off the mortgage so far this month so I'm hoping for something magical to happen in the second half of the month!! 

March spends 

Supermarket £192.26
    fuel £30.01
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you get some late March magic!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Hope you get some late March magic!
    It's not happened yet and I think I'd be clutching at straws to name some magical progress!

Mortgage overpayments stand at  £38.50 for the month which is low for us but it's been an expensive month. The important thing is that we haven't increased any debt, just not had as much money left in the current account to send to the mortgage. However, it's payday tomorrow and we will finally clear the balance for the patio furniture which has felt like a bit of a slog. We just need some warmer weather now to be able to confidently take the rain cover off and use it. Thinking of warmer days in the garden, my seedlings are growing nicely so fingers crossed I am producing a nice selection that will flower throughout the Summer. I shall continue to check on them twice daily and will them to grow!! 

Still can't decide whether to continue focusing on clearing one of the 0% credit cards before it ends or use that money to overpay the mortgage. The balance transfer fee would be minimal but it would be nice to get rid of them. Will do a few sums and see what is possible by August as we have another one ending in December. 

Food/fuel spends looking good for the month and whatever is left early next week can also be diverted as it will be time to top up that account again.
     I do love leftover money!! 
  • CathT
    Options
    Well these weekends really are coming round fast. I'm hoping to feel productive whilst not feeling super busy. First thing is to walk the dog who is looking lovely after a groom yesterday. I  already have a load of bedding in the washing machine and hoping the weather stays dry. A glimmer of sunshine would be a bonus but not looking likely. I do want to get into the garden though, another border needs creating at the front (that's a job for dh) as I am going to have plenty of seedlings and it will really brighten up the front garden.

I have a birthday present to wrap and my c3nsus to fill in too as well as some boring admin tasks that always seem to become a weekend job.

Mortgage news? Requested 20p from tcb and have sent as an overpayment.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    The census really was a 😬 of a half hour!
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Gah, I'd forgotten about it! Another job for my lengthy list of jobs for today 🙄 I'm sure they already know all there is to know about my household anyway....
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback