Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2021 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Well I've spent most of the day thinking it's Wednesday - not good! DH had to take my car to the garage today as I had a nail in my tyre, thankfully was repaired and not replaced so only £13. This has come from normal account rather than the car repair pot (which I am always tempted to OP). Have booked MOT for next month which is the first one for this car so who knows what might doing but thankfully it is really low mileage so hoping it sails through. Have also booked dog groomer for next month, hoping to get a few more week out of him yet so wasn't in a rush.

Small top up shop, dh forgot granola again but did buy me daffodils which will probably make me happier!

February spends
    Supermarket £64.74
    Fuel £47.01
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    I can't believe we are almost through the first week of the month! Not much happening here apart from work and home school attempts! Found £1.02 lurking in a savings account (interest payment on a £0 savings balance seems odd but I'll take it!) so of course that has been sent to the mortgage. Payday for dh so half of the money shuffle done and I'll sort the rest tomorrow.

No great plans for the weekend, hoping for some sunshine which might encourage dd out for a walk but that's not looking likely. 

I do need to clean the floors and the bathrooms tomorrow so hoping for an energy burst in the morning! 

Right, time to start my new book..... 
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That last line sounds like you are writing a book!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    That last line sounds like you are writing a book!!
    It does doesn't it! Sadly I'm not that creative. Not much happening today, few jobs done as planned. Money shuffling done, £75 PB, £25 cc, £92 to mortgage. Plans for the rest of the day include staying awake and warm!! Best not have a cold glass of wine later! 
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That's what red wine is for Cath 🤣! 
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • CathT
    edited 17 February 2021 at 6:50PM
    Options
    That's what red wine is for Cath 🤣! 

I have acquired a bottle today so will try that instead since it's still rather cold! ;)

Not much happening apart from continued steady progress. Spends remain low, 5p tilly tidy and another £16 sent from current account today. I think another £20 will shave off another month. Having some generous till spits from Mr S so topping up the points balance nicely too.

Unfortunately the laptop is playing up again and not charging. Am wondering if it's the cable as it seems loose but hate spending money if it's not going to fix a problem. I can use dd's computer but much prefer having the laptop to use too. However, I've just bought her a new mouse which she has been pestering me for so could get my money's worth!

DH has sorted out under the stairs this week so that's much clearer, also sent a bag of clothes to clothing recycling bin and found some flower seeds from 2014! Think I'll plant them and see what happens.....

February spends

Supermarket £137.51
    Fuel £82.01
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I’ve also got out of date seeds this year but stil going to go for it. 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    Options
    Nothing to lose is there debtfree. I need to get organised as have lots of seeds to plant this year and have no trays. I can't se a leisurely wander around the garden centre happening any time soon. I did manage to grab some compost on my way into the supermarket which was a bit of an impulse buy! Another impulse but was a few bottles of wine simply to use up some vouchers at Mr T however they should last several weeks!

It's absolutely freezing here today and I can't wait for the warmer Spring days when my mojo returns! Surely they're not too far off now? I realised a few days ago that I didn't set any goals/targets for February but tbh I am more than happy to be goal free for a few weeks. The outcome will be similar without the pressure.

£100 sent to stoozing card and £25 to mortgage which has knocked off another month, can really see that balance come down now and we can reduce the term again when we remortgage in August.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's good to have a break from goals every so often. Enjoy the freedom!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well I seem to have been absent from here this week so have lots to catch up on. Not a great deal happening, it's been nice to have a break from the homeschooling and hopefully things will return to some sense of normality for all of our children soon. Am trying to focus on paying down a 0% card and if we really throw everything at it we might be able to clear before the deal ends. These cards are in the background and don't cost us anything but aren't going to go anywhere without a bit of effort. Stoozing card also at a level where it shouldn't cost us anything either and will keep chipping away at that too. Sent around £100 to mortgage over the past week which is really where I want to send all of the spare money!

Hoping for the rain to stop at some point although I am grateful we seem to be over the cold snap now and Spring feels much closer than it did a few weeks ago. Need to get organised for seed planting and dream of being able to take a leisurely walk around a garden centre. It really is the small things isn't it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback