I love the idea of a cuddle chair. 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you thawed out from the football?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love the idea of a cuddle chair. 
     It is cosy when the dog isn't claiming it!

It was a cold one at football Apple, thankfully I had a flask of coffee with me but was missing a hat and gloves! The weather was so bizarre with a few hail showers in the mix. Few Tilly tidies this week to keep up some momentum and as the current accounts aren't as flush as usual I can't see anymore big overpayments being made. We have already knocked 2 months off the end date this month though so not so bad. 

We might be lucky with another PPI claim so I need to prioritise printing off the forms and getting those sent back. That will be a nice surprise of free cash if it all goes through.

I'm currently counting down the days until Saturday when I can stop bringing the plants in overnight. I hope they remember my dedication when I am expecting them to bloom! 
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I hope the plants also know that Saturday is their magic day to forge ahead in the big wide outside world...
  • CathT
    edited 1 May 2021 at 8:04PM
    Options
    I think the weather needs some kind of memo it's Spring! Plants seems to be thriving mostly living on my dining table anyway.

Payday for dh on Friday which includes some overtime I may send to stoozing card as I noticed we paid interest this month. 3p Tilly tidy sent today and a mini spends Challenge set. I had borrowed £100 from the food account to buy some phones recently and could top it back up again but thought it might make life interesting to try and make the remaining budget last! 

Not much else happening really, hoping for a weekend in the garden and finally clearing the dining table. 

April spends

Supermarket £313.15
    Fuel £146.83
  • CathT
    Options
    Oooh it's really felt like Spring today and it is most welcome. Am already planning my garden jobs for the weekend and am hoping to identify my wildflower seedlings. I've spotted cosmos so far which has saved me buying some specific plants as I really wanted some in that area. I've taken some photos, will tidy up the patch tomorrow and fill in the gaps with more of my seed mix. I'm hoping that now the ground is warmer the will soon catch up with the rest.

Payday for dh today with some overtime so I've sent just over £100 to the mortgage (somehow we have overpaid £381 already this month!) and we are about £40 away from our August target. Our ambitious food shopping target is still on track but only leaves just over £20 between now and Friday - perfectly doable as long as I don't send dh shopping! 
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still a bit nippy here but lovely when the sun shone. 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    Options
    Well that was a weekend that disappeared in a flash! It really is starting to feel that weekends are just about preparing for the following week.

Dh working so I was on football duty both days and thankfully it was warmer than last week! It is nice to be 'busy' though especially when we have been locked down for so long and weekends didn't really have any meaning. 

Have pottered in the garden (I like pottering!) and all plants now at outside, they survived last night which was the first test even. It feels like the majority of the work and certainly all the spending and planting is done so can sit back and enjoy watching it bloom over the next few months.
    I even managed an hour sat in the sun with a coffee and my book which felt like a real treat. 

Not w great deal happening with the accounts over the weekend, £3 spent on an 3bay purchase and a £9 top up shop. 

Can see me having an early night, I fell asleep on the sofa early the last two nights  aswell. I've been struggling with fatigue for a while and as a long standing headache/migraine sufferer I've been tracking them a bit more. I've had 4 major headaches over the last 4 weeks and I'd say the headache wipes me out that and the following day and possibly even the next. I'd been feeling good over the last week and I just think that was a gap between headaches although I had been making an effort to boost my nutrition too. Time to get this addressed as they are so debilitating. 

Anyway, it's a new week - current account looking healthy and more overpayments likely! 
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hope you manage some good sleep, Cath, and can maybe find a pattern to the headaches?
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Apple.

Well it's been a busy old working week but I have made the most of every spare minute of the lovely sunshine this weekend. Payday came and went but we have had a productive month with £250 sent to PB, an extra £100 to stoozing card as our spends are now so low we're not managing to stooze the whole amount. We have also managed to overpay £437 off the mortgage knocking off 3 months and we have already hit our August target for the remortgage. I guess we could take our foot off the gas but I'm loving this momentum.

I also finally picked up my dumbbells today and did some upper body exercises so I'm hoping that's the start of a regular good habit. I've also ready nearly a whole book which I should finish tonight. I can't remember the last time I prioritised this much self care but it's been a lovely couple of days of pottering in the garden and reading. I definitely feel ready for the week ahead and a longer bank holiday weekend to look forward to. Let's hope the warm sunshine sticks around a bit longer as my garden is definitely my happy place. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback