Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick update from me as it is way past my bedtime. Am exhausted at the moment so really should not be up this late! Have requested blood tests from gp as not had any for a while.

93p Tilly today today (every hopeful that a tt will result in a month being knocked off my end date. Currently on May 2029. Had a 150 point survey on y0ugov which was great but be even better if there were more of them around!

Foot been bothering me today but the discomfort is nowhere near the fracture so I am a bit baffled. Have a feeling my glamorous boot may have to make a reappearance.

Have quite a few events planned in June and July so may dig or my bullet journal (I am not using it to its potential) and make a list. It is a mix of parties, wedding, piano exam and a show. Lots of lovely things to look forward to but I am at risk of double booking one of us!

Decking almost finished after doing another coat yesterday. Just need to cut down some posts and paint the top of them and the edges and it will be complete. Just need a day off combined with good weather to enjoy it now.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care of that foot, my dear!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    I will try Apple thank you, I am often guilty of trying to rush recoveries.

Not much activity today, worked all day and nearly fell asleep settling ds to bed. Fingers crossed blood forms will be available at gp tomorrow.

90p Tilly tidy although account not exactly flush. We are just at that awkward point after payday when all bills have gone out but we are waiting for another credit. I can !!!8216;borrow!!!8217; from food account if needed. I just wanted to make the most of our wages and paid £400 off holiday this month. I know we can live frugally which is why I didnt leave us much cash!

Feel like I have lots of !!!8216;to do!!!8217; lists floating around my brain. It is a mix of work and home so I really need to get some thoughts down on paper to clear my head. I am mindful I dont want to increase my stress but feel like I am burning the candle at both ends just by working and running a home.
  • CathT
    Options
    Evening all.

Not much to report from today, no Tilly today and decided against stretching to a whole £!
    However I have had a nsd and leftovers for dinner.

Am hoping for a very productive weekend. I was hoping to paint the fence when I got home but a storm started as I arrived home. Fingers crossed I can get it done first thing. Ds has offered to help but I am not sure how well that will go!

Plans for this evening are drinking wine and watching b!llions.
  • CathT
    Options
    Morning. Feel like I have wasted the day as didn!!!8217;t wake up until 9:30. Am hoping the blood tests get to the route of my fatigue.

Was hoping to do jobs in the garden but it is raining again after the storm we had late yesterday. Within the local area some places had flash flooding and places nearby didn!!!8217;t see a drop. It is still really humid today though. If it dries up I will get the fences done. Also expecting one of our builders to finish off a job on the extension that has been picked up by the planning department.

Money saving efforts? I stewed some pears yesterday that have seen better days and ready for the bin so will have with custard or on top of porridge. Have a YOuGov survey waiting so hopefully it is not a prize draw entry.

This morning I definitely need to use my bullet journal to make a note of all our social events over next few months and to make some childcare plans for the summer holidays. We are currently facing 5 weeks of £125 weekly costs! Am starting to wish I had saved for it throughout the year. I might be able to slightly shorten the session by tweaking the hours which would save £5 a day. Not a lot but certainly adds up when they are going for 25 days.

Right, need to make a move as am currently thinking about tidying up when I should probably actually do something!
  • CathT
    Options
    Yes it has been a productive day!

After my 9:30am wake up I tried to make the most of my waking hours. Dh took my car for a valet, it desperately needed doing and he also paid.

Managed to paint the 6 fence panels, started with a sprayer and went back out to finish it off after dinner and I quickly ran out of paint and had only managed to get a second coat on 1.5 panels. Couldn!!!8217;t get the paint I wanted as there is a concert on in town so major road closures near the store I would have gone to. Went to a different one on the other side of town who don!!!8217;t stock the sprayable paint in the shade I wanted. Wasn!!!8217;t brace enough to risk putting the wrong paint in so just bought same brand and colour and finished it off with a brush. Ds helped so almost did it in half the time. He wanted us to pretend we were decorators and haggled the £1 pocket money I offered him into £3. Didn!!!8217;t need the extra paint brush I bought so £5 saved there as will return it tomorrow.

Y0ugov survey was a super 200 point one. I don!!!8217;t tend to drink on a Saturday, dh has had !!!8216;champagne!!!8217; we brought back from holiday. One we were given and one we won, money saved there.

Tomorrow!!!8217;s plan consists of hoping for sunshine, watching dd play her football match and tidying the garden. If I could spend some time on the new furniture reading my book and drinking a cuppa that would be perfect!
  • CathT
    Options
    Fence panels completely dry and look fab this morning. When I went to bed two still looked slightly darker!

Still waiting for 2 different companies to confirm a date for patio work. One is £90 cheaper than the other but as it is a smallish job I don!!!8217;t think it is being prioritised.

Am currently investigating electric stoves as decided against a log burner. Anyone had one. Think I would prefer an opti myst one. Have seen one for £400 and I could get it down to £375 with vouchers. Have money from dh ready to pay for it but he is not as keen as me on buying one. He clearly never gets cold or thinks about how lovely it would look at Christmas!

My wonderful mum has offered to help out with summer childcare and will have the children at least twice a week. It is only 8-12 we need childcare for so seems a shame to pay a fortune for that. I really am so grateful to her. That will have saved us at least £300 and I might take the odd day that we are stuck as annual leave otherwise I am working most of the summer holidays.

Sun is finally shining here, washing on the line and I will blitz through some other jobs once we get back from football. Have a lovely relaxing/productive Sunday everyone.
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never heard of the fires before but just had a look and they look amazing.... i think i want one for our room without the wood burner now!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    Options
    they look lovely Cath. I want a wood burner , but we have moved into a low smoke zone (found during searches) coupled with new laws on smokeless fuels I was considering other Options !!!8230; I wonder if the cost of opti-myst is a lot. £2 for 2 hours? !!!8230;. for my use , 5 hours a day would be £35 per week as we are all in different times
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure I've asked before but have you had your B12 levels checked? DD1 kept being told her iron levels were slightly low and that was what was causing the overwhelming fatigue. I read an article on B12 levels and asked her to get checked and low and behold she's severely low, they put her on really strong supplements along with folic acid and 2 months in her levels are still low but she is feeling so much more energetic.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback