Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care of you and your foot x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Apple, swelling almost all gone but it's painful in a different way now. The boot definitely helps though. I'm just frustrated that I can't really do much.

The last few days have been rather spends, have bought tickets for various events which seems expensive as everything has been booked at the same time but we have some lovely things to look forward to.

Dh and dd went to see the new Avengers film today so that was £22 spent, the cinema really is so expensive. I'm hoping gr0upon do another offer as there are lots of films coming out we would like to see.

Y0ugov has been very quiet and I am only a few surveys away from payout, £610 sent to t3sco card. As we go away in May we only actually need our monthly budget to last just over 2 weeks. We get home on my payday so it's pretty well timed. I do actually need to think about packing and possibly buying new clothes for ds as he seems to have grown out of last years clothes (so dh tells me). I'm not convinced as although he's shot up he's only gained 1lb in weight in a year. I'll see what I can manage to do this week.

Hope everyone has a fab week and we all get some warmth and sunshine.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope the music festival went well. :D
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • CathT
    Options
    It did thanks Alex, she also played last year so it!!!8217;s a great thing to do. The adjudicators are brilliant and give excellent feedback. She will be sitting her grade 1 by the end of this year and played a duet (got commended) and a trio (got a merit). It!!!8217;s lovely that she gets to play to an audience and also hear others play. Her teacher was also entered so it was lovely for all us of to see her play.

Payday for dh so money shuffle done, he did some more overtime yesterday aswell which we will feel the benefit of next month. 25p Tilly tidy sent and t3sco card payments up to date. Thank goodness we only need to survive on this months budget for just over 2 weeks!
  • CathT
    Options
    Hump day done and we have a wonderful weekend to look forward to. We have spent very little money on day to day things this week although DH did need a new car tyre which was £48. Still have £300 in food/fuel budget though and in reality it only needs to last another 16 days. Am tempted to use some of it for overpayments but don't want to leave us short.

We go away this month and are not at all prepared! We need Euros, ds needs new shorts, both children possibly need footwear. I don't even want to think about packing! :eek:

£1.04 tilly tidy sent to the mortgage and signature updated. 75 points to go on y0ugov but they're not being particularly generous with surveys at the moment.

Foot pretty sore especially at the end of the day. Am hoping it is a 'healing pain'
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    Options
    We have holidays too this month.. I have just done a mammoth holiday shop in Matal@n.. very reasonable ( and a few CS bits too) :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    Options
    Oooh enjoy MFD.

I never thought of Matalan and we also have £3 of gift vouchers for there.
  • CathT
    Options
    Looks like the forum has been very quiet over the bank holiday. I expected to be on page 5 but was on page 2!

We are just en route back from spending the weekend with friends and we have had such a brilliant time. Think we have spent about £50 which is nothing really!

25 more points needed on y0ugov to hit payout, who knows when a survey will become available!?!?

Dh has had his second compensation offer which he has accepted and is giving me £1000 of it. I have my eye on a log burner!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a nice weekend away Cath, £50 spent is great :beer:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Newgirly, most of the spends involved a day at the beach with chips, fair rides and ice creams. Memories from the weekend are priceless.

Just gone through receipts as dh has put petrol in both cars today. Have balanced accounts and credit card but 'owe' the cc £30. Piano lessons to pay for tomorrow and this has left us about £30 cash in the account. In theory that should last us a week.

Y0ugov survey came through so payout hit and requested and I'm hopeful it arrives soon as I am looking forward to paying it off the mortgage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback