Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    I hope the PPI comes through quickly, any plans to treat yourself with part of it? Hope the foot eases soon and you are back into the swing of things with your walking.

Take care x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi ATB, deadline is Monday and I think the bank are taking it right to the wire. I am hopeful that there may be some news tomorrow as it's a shame that the next working day is Monday. The company I have used are really on the ball so will give them a text too. Haven't planned if and how to spend it as really don't have any idea of how much to expect. DH also waiting on an update for a compensation claim as he refused the first offer so we really are in limbo here!

Foot very painful today, I walked to my training course (about 2.5 miles) and it's been particularly painful since to the point I've had to use a support and any walking is now difficult. I potentially injured it a few days ago but it's suddenly worsened so hoping it's nothing as I am making such good progress on the fitness front. Had some lovely compliments lately too so others are also able to see my efforts are working. I'm reluctant to take painkillers as I like to 'keep an eye on things' but have had a headache so taken some ibuprofen. If I don't catch my headaches quickly they linger for days.

Loving our new garden furniture and sat outside again after work today. I think our mini heatwave is coming to an end though and won't make it as far as the weekend!

I think an early night beckons.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the foot heals soon and fingers crossed for news today about the claim!
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Brodie, foot less painful today which surprises me as thought I had done some serious damage to it yesterday afternoon. Ended up going to a last minute barbecue at friends so £10 spent on supplies to take round. We are actually approaching payday tomorrow worth £15 left! We dont owe the credit card and food shopping funds either which we used to end up doing as we approached payday.

Steps almost at 10k (lost 1.6lbs) this week and am feeling fab. Shattered though so am going to charge my f1tbit and have a soak in the bath. Can definitely see an very early night happening but at least that means payday and PPI decision day will come quicker!
  • CathT
    Options
    Payday and the money shuffle is done. Due to dh pay date changing I have had to cover some of the expenses that usually come out of his wages, meaning mine have nearly all gone! Water bill paid (we not get a measured bill every 6 months) and lawn care bill paid. Cleared some of the additional spends that had been put on the cc and also paid another £65 off the holiday balance. Will pay at least another £300 out of dh wages.
    50 points on y0ugov today so almost at payout. I have downloaded the app again so hopefully wont miss out on surveys now.
    10k steps hit which hasnt been easy with a dodgy foot but I have goals to hit and will not be deterred.

Such a shame the weather has turned, was a bit cold today even wearing jeans and a cardigan whereas I was in sleeveless tops and shorts last week! Am hopeful the Costa del sol is hot hot hot when we go in a few weeks.

Plan for the rest of the week is to keep spends low. Only plans for next weekend are for dd to attend a piano competition (she is playing a duet and a trio) then go to the zoo for a couple of hours).

We have had news of our PPI claim and should receive just over £300. Not a huge amount but we have always been careful not to pay for things we dont need so this really is bonus cash. I have also received £170 of vouchers by making referrals so it was definitely worth pursuing.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Nice one on the PPI claim - all unexpected money is welcome :)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Every little helps.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Payday and the money shuffle is done. Due to dh pay date changing I have had to cover some of the expenses that usually come out of his wages, meaning mine have nearly all gone! Water bill paid (we not get a measured bill every 6 months) and lawn care bill paid. Cleared some of the additional spends that had been put on the cc and also paid another £65 off the holiday balance. Will pay at least another £300 out of dh wages.
    50 points on y0ugov today so almost at payout. I have downloaded the app again so hopefully wont miss out on surveys now.
    10k steps hit which hasnt been easy with a dodgy foot but I have goals to hit and will not be deterred.

Such a shame the weather has turned, was a bit cold today even wearing jeans and a cardigan whereas I was in sleeveless tops and shorts last week! Am hopeful the Costa del sol is hot hot hot when we go in a few weeks.

Plan for the rest of the week is to keep spends low. Only plans for next weekend are for dd to attend a piano competition (she is playing a duet and a trio) then go to the zoo for a couple of hours).

We have had news of our PPI claim and should receive just over £300. Not a huge amount but we have always been careful not to pay for things we dont need so this really is bonus cash. I have also received £170 of vouchers by making referrals so it was definitely worth pursuing.

I was in the Costa on Tuesday and it was glorious (without being too hot). Poured down as I was leaving on Wednesday morning, but I think it's going to be getting nicer again soon. Where abouts are you staying?
  • CathT
    Options
    Hi Lula, we're staying in Benalmedina in the Holiday Polynesia, am so ready for it now. Do have a slight problem that I have fractured two bones in my foot but am hopeful it will heal well and I won't need my special boot by then! I've been checking the forecast and it does seem to be warming up nicely.

68p tilly tidy as had some current account cashback, sadly doesn't change much on the spreadsheet.
  • CathT
    Options
    Today has flown and I dont feel I like I have achieved much at all.

Didnt get up until 7:30am which was much nicer than the 5:45 weekly alarm. Dd has a piano competition so £15 spent between admission, programme and snacks. Popped to get a print and a frame for a present for a friend next week. 2 libes of washing line dried despite the weather being a bit showery and not particularly warm. Other than that I have eaten all my calories for the day and failed when I tried to nap so I am still tired! Scales are showing a 2lb loss this week though which is fab considering I am almost at my goal.

Currently sat on sofa with blanket and painful foot so might attempt the nap thing again.

This was meant to be a money focused post, ah well!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback