Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• HelenDaveKids
    Options
    Least in our profession we generally get 2 pay rises a year, although my last increment was 2 years ago.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Busy busy day!

Went for a 3.5k run this morning and did day 7 of 30 day shred this evening. :j

Went to DM for Sunday lunch which was really nice, enjoyed catching up with family and the food was delicious!

Did plan to update my WIOTW figures but ran out of time and energy this evening! I do know that mortgage will start with 95k so hopefully total be sub 115k.

Last day of summer hols tomoro, we have a teacher training day but DM helping with childcare. Going to be strange getting back into the school run routine, especially when I go back on shifts in a couple of weeks. Leaving the house at 6:45am is going to be a huge shock to the system! :eek:
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 1 September 2014 at 7:16AM
    Options
    Legs a bit achy this morning! Had planned to up the tempo this week as I had a few weekend treats and really want a weight loss this week!

Have updated signature and pleased we reduced our WIOTW figure by £658 this month which cheers me up when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Have also requested a 0% transfer to avoid charges early next year. Plan is to Tilly tidy bits of money across as repayments to this too as attached to current account.
  • CathT
    Options
    Accounts checked :mad: Noticed I have written in my diary 'clear overdraft' on a date in a couple of weeks, can't see how that is possible!

Did a deal for 8ky on TCB and it's not tracked properly, think I will have to open a case as it says £0. It was worth over £30 so don't want to miss out on it.

Still need to look at home insurance deals, think one of the banks was doing a cashback deal. Was wondering whether to see if they still have the 70p surveys on TCB, a few of those could add up nicely.

CC transfer has been approved so don't need to worry about rate offers ending and having no back up in place. We are fine now until April 2015, the plan is to clear the smallest balance and try and get a good deal. That card has a big credit limit so to free that one up means we could reduce the amount of cards we are paying! Doesn't sound very MFW having CC but it stopped us moving house :)
  • CathT
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

Today's to do list
    • [STRIKE]Make some party invitations[/STRIKE] bought them!
    • Look at home insurance renewal and compare to quote - check TCB
    • DH book car MOT
    • [STRIKE]Check british gas bills[/STRIKE] They want to increase Elec from £39-£47 as we are £17 in debit. For the gas we are only £24 in credit but want to reduce dd from £40 to £20!
    • [STRIKE]Sort out CC 0% transfer[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check DD has all uniform for return to school[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Organise paperwork in study area of playroom[/STRIKE]
    • Sort out union for return to original post

Oops, still a few weekend jobs left to do!
  • CathT
    Options
    Feel like I have a million and one things to do so need to get on top of things today. Main stressor is childcare, both of us working fulltime is hard going at times. We work brilliantly as a team but are both worn out!

1) sort childcare for both children (fulltime job in itself!!)
    2) book DH mot, he keeps forgetting and works daft hours and picks children up as soon as he finishes!
    3) sort home insurance
    4) sort out union membership

I intent to keep food spends as low as possible this month. Mr S kindly sent me a free midweek delivery pass for next few months but I was disappointed I couldn't use the £5 off voucher I had acquired at the till! Food spends so far 50/250 budget. Spent just over £250 last month so be nice to come in under that. Just wine to buy for weekend :beer:

Really want to make some short term financial plans for Sept-Dec so need to get my thinking cap on :)
  • CathT
    Options
    Finally sitting down with a glass of wine! DH put DS to bed with no nappy (he is dry in the day) so expect the scene when he had a wee in his sleep! I was post 'shred', showered and ready to settle down for the evening. All is good now though. :)

This weekend is a bit busy for my liking: birthday parties both days, swimming lessons and DH doing OT which means entertaining a nearly 3 year old poolside. DD has her lessons in a local private school and the pool is in a small separate building so there is literally nowhere to go!

This is the highlight of my Saturday evening, just put on a 'double your house' programme off the planner and a family are extending a house with similar layout to us, the upstairs plans are what we want to do as we already have the ground floor playroom. :D

Food spends so far for September - approx £72/250
  • CathT
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

1) [STRIKE]sort childcare for both children (fulltime job in itself!!)[/STRIKE] just b/fast club to book
    2) [STRIKE]book DH mot, he keeps forgetting and works daft hours and picks children up as soon as he finishes![/STRIKE] please pass!
    3) [STRIKE]sort home insurance[/STRIKE] straightforward renewal with same providor, decided against searching TCB etc
    4) sort out union membership still need to do this!

Daren't add anything to my list! Stressed out enough! :eek:
  • HelenDaveKids
    Options
    I like Sarah beeny, although her estimates on gain at the end seem a bit lick your finger and put in the air to me.

Also need to book mot this week and have zero confidence.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    Options
    Food spends now 100/250. Quick visit to Mr S last night for thank you flowers and cards for colleague. Bought some party items for dd's party. She is desperate for a 'Frozen' cake but can I justify the cost of a homemade one? DH tells me te3co do one for £10 which isn't as nice but could perhaps get homemade cupcakes to go with it? I have an early finish tomoro so will try and get one so decision is made!

Feeling very deflated, there is a job I really want but it appears it isn't fulltime as advertised, I really can't afford to work less hours even though it is a foot on the ladder of my dream career - what a dilemma :(

Also decided I really dislike the amount of spiders that September brings, found one in the washing I got out of the WM. Thankfully it had drowned but still not nice to touch when you're folding the clothes! Also convinced one had crawled on me in bed the other night. :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback