Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Congratulations on the job!:T:j
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks GreenT.

Another supermarket visit, groceries £16 so now at 139/250

Did buy some items for party games prizes for dd birthday this weekend and some underwear for both children but haven't included them in food budget.

Not enjoying being back on shifts at all especially with a quick turn around of a late followed by an early. At least it's only temporary and I will focus on extra income and reduced nursery costs! No energy or time for workout yesterday unfortunately but think my knees have appreciated the break!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 18 September 2014 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Spendy day today. Paid balance on dd birthday party which was £107.50! :eek: We don't need to provide anything extra though, have just bought party bag items and some prizes for a few games. Last year we had it at a local centre and it took over the weekend buying and preparing the food etc.

Car being fixed and MOT re-test tomorrow so that's another £180 to be spent and car needs taxing which I meant to do this evening. That can wait until tomorrow's day off!

Looks like I will be back in old job for at least another month :mad:. Am going to focus on increased earnings and reduced childcare costs during this time to cheer me up. :)
  • CathT
    Options
    Food spends now at 182/250 as weekly shop done. Mr M do a 10% cashback linked to my current account and we had some £3 off £22 vouchers with the free paper so well worth changing supermarkets temporarily!

Didn't sleep well at all last night, I rarely struggle to drop off to sleep but had to come downstairs to eat something at 1am and I can't stop eating today! Have also dropped a 4 pint of milk over the kitchen floor! :eek:

I've started to experience a bit of anxiety the last 12 months and wonder if all the (proposed) changes happening are affecting me more than I realise. :(

Car MOT today plus dentist for myself and the children. Need to check cc statement and do SOA. Also need to submit early entitlement form which means taking DS out of nursery after Christmas. Think much of the anxiety stems from this as being stuck for childcare is one of my major stressors.

Mortgage news? Did an insurance search on tcb for £2.89. Also have a chicken roasting now as we are out this afternoon so that's meals sorted for the next few days. :)
  • CathT
    edited 19 September 2014 at 6:48AM
    Options
    Fairly productive day although I've eaten far too much and was too tired for workout after sleepless night. Should make for an interesting weigh I'm tomorrow.

Car fixed and MOT passed! :T
    Worked out a new budget and even before childcare costs reduce it looks ok! DH in agreement too which is a bonus. DH gets paid tomoro and did 10 hours overtime last week so that helps make the account a little healthier. :)

Dental check ups went well, just need DD to stop sucking her thumb but I don't know how! have tried the nail varnish, boosting her self-esteem but no luck. Any tips?

Also had a really good chat with new manager and things feel more positive and settled now, was feeling a little in limbo!
  • CathT
    Options
    Small top up shop of milk, cooking oil and other random bits purchased by DH so another £8 spent. New total £190/250. I really don't think we are doing too bad for the month. We haven't really done a 'big' shop as had some Mr M £3 off £22 vouchers so smaller shops done. I actually think we are spending a lot less this way as we are buying what we need rather than what we may run out of. I guess it avoids waste too. :j

Taxed DH car and don't feel entirely comfortable we don't get a tax disc! Have organised some annual leave for teacher training days and half-term. I think A/L will be quite flexible in new post as you are in charge of own diary etc

Payday this week but am way in the overdraft! :mad: DH has worked overtime today though and luckily DS was really well behaved at DD's swimming lesson. Half an hour can be a long time with a bored wriggly nearly 3 year old!
    Lots of cooking done today, roast dinner, soup and lemon drizzle cake so meal plan has also been done for the week and we should get to Friday without a top up shop :D

Am enjoying the extra free time I have and managed to watch a film last night for the first time in ages 'Captain Phillips' which we both really enjoyed. Children have settled down early again this evening so going to switch all devices off and watch another film with DH. :D
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Hi Cath...I loved Captain Phillips too, really good film. Your lemon drizzle cake sounds delicious!
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • HelenDaveKids
    Options
    My car passed relatively cheaply too, just under £100 so got off very lightly. Has been an expensive month so can't wait till pay day.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    Options
    Bought some eggs so up to £192/250.

Am feeling shattered, I don't know why I feel like this all of a sudden but I also can't stop eating so assume my body is lacking something?

Got washing on the line before school run and came home cleaned bathroom, hoovered hall, stairs and lounge and polished lounge.
    Having a break with a coffee and HUTH before work.
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I taxed my car last week too. Felt a little robbed that I wasn't even getting a piece of paper for my money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback