🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Intented prosecution - Exceed 50mph Motorway temp restriction (Roadworks) -ACD

Options

Comments

• mr_lordi
    mr_lordi Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for a negative post from me but anyone who speeds through roadworks deserves everything they get. I use to work on the roads and had one or two near misses espicially when working through the night.... Roadwork speed limits are set to help protect the workforce working in poor visible conditions.... At your particular spot they may not have been working but who s to know there is nt some one walking about... Imo your are lucky to be offered the option of a speed awareness course with no points...
  • Imp
    Imp Posts: 1,035 Forumite
    Options
    Lum wrote: »
    I
    Unless of course they aren't looking where they are going because they're too busy watching their speedo because there are cameras everywhere and they've had 10 years of brainwashing that simply sticking to the limit makes them safe and absolves them of any responsibility for anything.

Are you seriously saying you can't maintain a speed without looking at the speedo? Suggests a lack of car awareness/driving ability to me.
  • pwllbwdr
    pwllbwdr Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Lum wrote: »
    Say you are in a one mile long 2-camera SPECS zone that is down to two lanes. For the first half mile you are stuck behind a wide load doing 40mph. Then the wide load turns off, for the remaining half mile you could do 60mph and not get caught, which is quicker than just sticking to the 50 limit.

Indeed, as your average speed would be 48 mph. If you wanted to average 50, you could go quicker than 60 for the second half mile. Speeds do not average over distance.
  • DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Keith wrote: »
    I know, I've got this wicked far out idea.

We could teach children not to walk out in front of cars.

Sorry, it's a stupid idea :(
    I've always wanted to say that, but I was afraid I'd be shot down in flames by irate parents furiously typing whilst foaming at the mouth.

Anyway, if we taught our darling offspring to look both ways and give way to cars, where would the chav scumbags get their compo from?
  • Shoshannah
    Shoshannah Posts: 667 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2010 at 7:44PM
    Options
    I'm confused by this. If there was such a big rush, and the motorway was so empty, why not go at 70mph? Or even 80mph, dare I suggest it? Why stick to 61mph? It kind of suggests to me that the OP knew they shouldn't be speeding and could get caught, in which case just save yourself the bother and go at 50mph.

I think the speed awareness course would be the best choice based on what has been said here.
  • psarinuk
    psarinuk Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shoshannah, it does not take a lot to confuse you?

If I drove through the roadworks at 80, you won't be able to advise me the speed awareness course as I won't be offered one.

Hope this helps!
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cant stand all the "you did the crime,now pay the fine" posts-so boring....

Tell that to someone who has had a child killed by a speeding driver.... :(
  • psarinuk
    psarinuk Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    morph3us,
    It would help not to be too judgemental.. a child can get killed by a non-speeding but careless driver or a car with poor brakes too..
    Painting all drivers with the same brush won't help, keep in mind the circumstances..
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote: »
    Tell that to someone who has had a child killed by a speeding driver.... :(

How did I know that line was coming...so boring.Stop being brainwashed.
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Here is a speeding Spanish driver banged to rights, it is also the first points Liverpool have earned this season...

torres.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family